Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-10-2015, 12:57 AM

This has been the best thread I've seem in a long time! Not a whole lot of guys willing to post pictures but I'm seeming to really enjoy your threads!
Old 02-10-2015, 02:09 PM

nice pics, now I can't wait to get back on open water.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:00 PM

Those are some unreal pictures!
Old 02-11-2015, 07:15 AM

Great catches and great pics, congrats!!! Now I better get out there a drop a line
Old 02-11-2015, 07:38 PM

Between these and your hunting pics, I'm not sure which ones are more impressive. Would be awesome to sit down and BS with you sometime, I'm sure you've got some great stories to tell...
Old 02-11-2015, 10:01 PM

Thanks hunter trav.ive got a few all right i was a PH for well over a decade and forgotten more then most will ever now.but I'm not that arrogant to no that im an alberta outdoorsmen first thats whay i dont judge on a ass whol.. Level. But i dang sure hope because of my accomplishments for all to enjoy that most no they can be on the same level because of my indevours as spending only a 5th of my own time through these years to myself.but please dont criticize cause all of what I've done is obtainable to anybody in this province with a little drive for our resource.
I realize shes a broken guitar at this stage on resource but given a little time in the field it can be obtained.my true passion is photography and picking sheds.not harvesting so i guess it keeps me in the field 100x more then most.so if it is ment to happen it will and if not i hope a little Lady Luck shines on each and every body that par takes in such a great heritage that we can encounter in spacific areas of this province.god help and be with our next generation.
Heaven for bid i will keep the picks rollin for all that enjoys these as bein an outdoorsmen.thats the least i can do for you guys on this forum.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:32 PM

The newest addition,nice short fat little walley
Old 02-15-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret coulee View Post

The newest addition,nice short fat little walley
was nice to finally run into you and your son yesterday finally. great pics keep showing these northern guys how its done! we shall have to slay some pike of eyes one of these days

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-15-2015, 09:56 AM

A little slow this mornin but starting to pick up a little
Old 02-15-2015, 10:36 AM

Damb kids a layin it on me here this mornin
Old 02-15-2015, 03:16 PM

Kids are on a bit of a run away today.hope one of the really big girls show up to play with one of our big sucker baits yet today
Old 02-15-2015, 04:14 PM

Nice fish, looks like you guys found a good spot. Well done, another + temperature day on a southern resivoir!
#1 win the lottery (so I could fish everyday)
#2 & 3 still thinking.....
Old 02-15-2015, 04:43 PM

Great pictures thanks for sharing!!!
Old 02-15-2015, 06:49 PM

impressive!
Old 02-15-2015, 09:50 PM

Old 02-15-2015, 09:58 PM

Can anybody help im tryin to post picks and photobucket is sayin ive hit my free band witch limit.beyond me sorry. but lookin for advice.but it's also sayin ive only got4% of 100% storage filled.im dumb as hammers with this kinda stuff so any help may put me in the right direction.thanks so much if willing to help
Old 02-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Banned

Thanks for posting some great pics. I could only see some on the last page of this thread as your first ones have been removed for some reason. From the posts looks like I missed some good pics.
I have never had photo bucket work for me either and post pics a different way.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:20 PM

Sorry for the low quality pic.its tough when you take picks your self on the ive.and then half to take a pic from off the camera
Old 02-16-2015, 08:18 PM

Had a special day on the ice today,I'm happy my buddy jack&7 made it out this afternoon to share such a special day with me dealing with a pike of this callibure.i caught here raight at last light on a 10" sucker minnow jigging in the ice shack,took 20min to get her to the hole dealing with a jigging rod.good he showed up this afternoon to take picks because I could not have done it by myself with camera and tripod with a hen of this callibure.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:37 PM

Default Not Again

Ok mr coulee, at first this was great seeing all these jumbo fish, and now a absolute beast of a girl like that. My feelings are hurt...gonna have to cry myself to sleep tonight. If you ever need help with Someone to take photos for you, I could Likely make some time.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:35 PM

Lol sounds good.i fish harder then most when i do fish so for that reason i dont have many friends lol.gunna take the day off tomorrow though and do some real work then get back ater.i usually average a 20+ every day on the ice but I'm dropping the ball here somewere this year,been gettin er done but can't seem to stay hooked up and been very frustrating so nice to nock er out of the park so time to get back to the drawing board and try to produce some average results.
I'll keep all posted
Old 02-16-2015, 10:22 PM

Take a real good look at that hog of a pike...biggest I have ever seen come thru the ice. Take a wild guess at the measurements. We got length, girth and weight . I will let Secret Coulee tell the tale of the tape. A true beast! And over the last three days I have seen another buddy take another monster although I don't know if he posted it here yet or if he will. Just slightly smaller than this slob.

I was just truly happy to be there to witness it. Cold as hell day...but well worth it!

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 02-16-2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret coulee View Post
Lol sounds good.i fish harder then most when i do fish so for that reason i dont have many friends lol.gunna take the day off tomorrow though and do some real work then get back ater.i usually average a 20+ every day on the ice but I'm dropping the ball here somewere this year,been gettin er done but can't seem to stay hooked up and been very frustrating so nice to nock er out of the park so time to get back to the drawing board and try to produce some average results.
I'll keep all posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
Take a real good look at that hog of a pike...biggest I have ever seen come thru the ice. Take a wild guess at the measurements. We got length, girth and weight . I will let Secret Coulee tell the tale of the tape. A true beast! And over the last three days I have seen another buddy take another monster although I don't know if he posted it here yet or if he will. Just slightly smaller than this slob.

I was just truly happy to be there to witness it. Cold as hell day...but well worth it!
I will take a crack at it 31.5lb, if I win you have to take me fishing!
Old 02-16-2015, 11:01 PM

44.5". Length
32lbs is my guess.

Really couldn't care what it comes to, but she's a dandy!

If you ever need a camera man ehm fish partner let me know.

Cory
Old 02-16-2015, 11:26 PM

Ok I just had a real good look at the pictures of that freak of a pike and I think I low balled it, do you have the new Ab record there? I mean that thing looks like it had a 20 pounder for breakfast.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:18 PM

Sorry for the shiity picks guys but it has noting to do with my buddy jack&7 it was so late in the sunset that two I-phones crapped out with only a few picks because of the cold.grabed a real camera with great quality witch took the proper picks with flash but made it look like it was midnight.she was only out of the water for a few minuits and back in and released well enough to give me a wake of water through the face,great self satisfienig feeling when she rolls on this level nowing she was never suspended and only vertical for a few picks and gone for some other lucky angler to pin when she hits the age with length and is a new provincial weight record,shes real close let me tell ya.but it's only my personal acomplishment and thats the way i roll.if enough people respond to this once in 1 million lifetime fish on where the length,girth or even weight being in a cradle lies i will reviel this record breaking fish but if not lol its only a fish tale with proof as one many personal acomplishments.best part is im gunna show you guys more of em in the future.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:15 PM

Nice fish and photo's.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:26 PM

You've got it on lockdown.

Nice work.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:41 PM

I will take a crack at that fish, lol. Maybe way off, but I would guess weight at 36.5 lbs and length at around 53 inches.
Awesome fish, makes all the cold days worth it.
Cant wait to see more. your photos are what keeps me checking AO several times a day.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:09 PM

Truley amazing that you have been so successful at so many different pastimes. Blows my mind actually. Thanks for sharing.