Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 AM

Default Finally broke th 20 inch mark

Well went out and hunted browns this weekend for the first time. Fishing was pretty slow but managed to cath my first 20 inch trout on a fly rod. What a fight! I'm now hooked on browns! I love the fact that your almost hunting individual fish with your dry. One mistake and these spooky trout are gone not to be seen until the next day or two. Very different from grayling which is my usual target. Almost forgot to mention I was on the little red deer and dog pound creek. Hooked the 20 inched in little red deer. There was 3 of us and dog pound was a little too crowded for all of us so after about an hour and one nice fish we left.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.goldeye View Post
Well went out and hunted browns this weekend for the first time. Fishing was pretty slow but managed to cath my first 20 inch trout on a fly rod. What a fight! I'm now hooked on browns! I love the fact that your almost hunting individual fish with your dry. One mistake and these spooky trout are gone not to be seen until the next day or two. Very different from grayling which is my usual target. Almost forgot to mention I was on the little red deer and dog pound creek. Hooked the 20 inched in little red deer. There was 3 of us and dog pound was a little too crowded for all of us so after about an hour and one nice fish we left.
I will post pics later today
Old 09-05-2011, 09:52 AM

Nice work! Now you'll have to test your skills on the Bow river browns. I only just started fly fishing and bagged a 21 and a 22 inch brown in there so far. They are a great fight that's for sure.