Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-26-2011, 04:27 PM

Default Filling Little Bow Res.

Hey everyone:
Wife and I fished Travers Sunday, or at least we tried. Water level has been lowered to expose the last cement blocks of each ramp. Launched from the gravel bed and was stuck. Got pulled out by regular Travers fisherman who is a work client. Thanks Calvin.
Lake was flat calm before the storm, metiphorically speaking. Marking lots of fish, couldn't get them to cooperate this day. The wind picked up then it was more like sailing. Whitcap rollers across the lake from the west. Guess we should of tried the creek entrance as an alternate. Watched several people try to load their boats off the ramps, what a sh*t show. It's easy to roll your trailer axle off the end and get hung up by your springs or the axle it self.
Watched a man power load his pontoon boat. He had nerves of steel with his trailer on the ramp, the end peeking into the water. He ran it up there with the west wind at his back and came to stop inches from the front. Hooked up his winch and that was it. I helped a young man who was by himself to load his boat asking his assistance to load mine. Got my truck stuck and he forgot he turned his hub locks off. We became the next sh*t show. Someone pointed out he wasn't in 4x4 and we were quickly out then. Holes needed to be filled for the next boaters.
Care must be taken launching @ Travers now even though the fishing should be great.
Good luck.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:34 PM

are you sure they are filling LBR?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:32 PM

the reservoir levels are being lowered now, irrigation canals will be shut down in a couple weeks

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-26-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
the reservoir levels are being lowered now, irrigation canals will be shut down in a couple weeks
paper says wednesday Oct 12 irrigation water will be shut down by EID, I imagine BRID will be about the same time. didnt look like there was much water flowing from Mac into Travers Saturday

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-26-2011, 08:03 PM

ya...Keho canal is barely running now......just hay, summer fallow and dug out filling using water now.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM

The launch is low right now, we watched a guy back the truck and the trailer off the end of the launch. The water was almost up to the top of the tailgate, he hammered the bottom of the trailer on the end of the launch. If he didn't have four wheel drive, he would have been screwed. He didn't need to go that far in, the guy obviously was new to launching a boat.

There was certainly some awkward silence between buddy backing the trailer in and the boat owner(driving the boat). Boat owner was not a happy camper.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:48 PM

Default filling Little Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
are you sure they are filling LBR?
Chubbdarter:

Can't say for sure they're filling LBR but with the amount of water let out of Travers and the canals still open................Came back from Newel on Sept 19th and couldn't believe the snow in the mountains. Add the following weeks summer temps around +30 I thought it possible the above was to controll the possible amount of water out of the mountain melt. I know you can't plan for something like this but what an opportunity to get LBR to the levels desired? Just a thought.........
Old 09-27-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnab View Post
Chubbdarter:

Can't say for sure they're filling LBR but with the amount of water let out of Travers and the canals still open................Came back from Newel on Sept 19th and couldn't believe the snow in the mountains. Add the following weeks summer temps around +30 I thought it possible the above was to controll the possible amount of water out of the mountain melt. I know you can't plan for something like this but what an opportunity to get LBR to the levels desired? Just a thought.........
I could be wrong.....but i believe they are going to draw down both bodies for major construction...epecially LBR for the lake expansion
Old 09-27-2011, 01:58 PM

Default Filling Little Bow

I was under the understanding the LBR dam was complete and ready to fill for next season. If that's not the case can someone confirm. Thanks