Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-17-2009, 06:56 PM

Default old antique rifles

how many of you have an old antique rifle or just an old rifle you dont use but has alot of sentimental value, or evan a reproduction of one?? if ya dont mind shareing pics
Old 12-17-2009, 07:12 PM

Yup I have one of those old sentimental rifles Remington Model 1917 3006. Iron sights, Grandpa never believe in scopes. Shot my first deer with that rifle. It was my grandpas then my fathers and now mine, my sons in the future. Just own em for a short time. That old gun has not seen much action for a long time. Ain't worth much in money but priceless in my mind.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-17-2009, 07:25 PM

I've got a few - quite a few actually!
I'll get some pics up in a bit!
Cat
Old 12-17-2009, 08:04 PM

i love those old sentimental rifles, my father has a few of them back in newfie, he tells me every time i go home to take them but i can wait, hopefully ill never get them, but like you cat if i do have the unfortunate task of taking them down off of the old gun rack some day then when i go they will become my son's property, and hopefully stay in the family being pased on for generations to come.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:22 PM
sheephunter

This particular gun if fairly new to me but it's the model I learned to shoot with. Saw it at the gun show last year and had to have it....

Old 12-17-2009, 08:37 PM

This Sureshot .22 (Cooey Model 75) belonged to my great grandfather then my dad and now me. I restored it and dressed it up a little.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:51 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Banger View Post
This Sureshot .22 (Cooey Model 75) belonged to my great grandfather then my dad and now me. I restored it and dressed it up a little.

Cool. I've got a .22 Ranger that looks identical.....well other than yours being in a whole lot better shape!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:54 PM

awsome old guns guys thanks , those are the type that we cut our hunting teeth on, and have more value than all the fancy shiney new fangled ones wth all the gadgets and gizmos on them, soon as i get home I,ll down load my old pics,of my old guns
Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 PM

Here's some
First up, not REALLY an antique, but a very fine 50's era match rifle - remington M37 Range master with the factory installed Sweeney trigger.
This rifle was once owned by the famed Jim Boa, then his son Gil, then my father.
it is now in my possession, and will go to my son.

A Chance and sons vest pocket pistol , sometimes called a muff pistol when carried by ladies.
This little pistol was loaded by unscrewing the barrel and loading a charge into the frame, then putting it on half cock and hiding it in your vest , sleeve when going out to play cards, etc.
When the hammer is cocked, the trigger comes down, this prevented AD's!
it's not rifled, but as my most learned friend Tim Losey stated
"Who needs accuracy across a card table?!"

I also have a Chance and sons ML shotgun of the same era that was owned by my father.

A very nice Snider.

Three martinis!

Cat
Old 12-18-2009, 12:55 AM

This one was my grandfathers. He died when my dad was a kid, so he inherited it, and then gave it to me for my 40th birthday. M94 30.30, the long hex barrelled one. I used to shoot gophers with it when I was a kid. Don't shoot it anymore, last time I did the primers were bulging out?

I can remember my dad telling me when he was a small boy, one of the hired hands tried to shoot an owl with this gun, and whacked himself in the nose with his thumb, and bled all over the place.

Pretty special gun, I will keep it in the family for sure.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:12 PM

That is one nice old 30-30 great to see! I own a henry 30-30 and the new Mossberg 464 30-30.