Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-06-2024, 07:34 PM

Default Round Robin Method

What's your opinion on doing this for load development . Some info says use the same POI & colour your bullet tips just before your OGIVE. Thus in all the groups it will leave the colour on paper for each of say 3RDS , 4 etc . You then can see which load is giving you the group you like or to work with . The trick to show your colour if it hits a colour ring is to apply Isopropyl ( Alcohol ) to a cotton q-tip & turn it into the bullet hole . Colour will show up on q-tip . Has anyone tried this method .
Old 03-07-2024, 07:35 AM

I simply record each shot and group in my log book, the round robin thing seems like am unnecessary step.
Cat
Old 03-07-2024, 09:29 AM

I video all my range trips, especially the ones that I'm taking a new load development to. Spotting scope and scope cam do wonders.
I'll label the brass with the different parameters if need be as well, so everything is sorted. While taking the video I can just simply say the load data as I grab the round. All on video at that point, even though the picture is out on target.

At home I'll add all the info to the actual target, while watching the video. Then also add the velocity of each shot.
Yep I have a huge stack of paper targets at home! Great reference data.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallz View Post
I video all my range trips, especially the ones that I'm taking a new load development to. Spotting scope and scope cam do wonders.
I'll label the brass with the different parameters if need be as well, so everything is sorted. While taking the video I can just simply say the load data as I grab the round. All on video at that point, even though the picture is out on target.

At home I'll add all the info to the actual target, while watching the video. Then also add the velocity of each shot.
Yep I have a huge stack of paper targets at home! Great reference data.
The Shotmarker system is a game changer as far as recording and logging targets go.
All electronic, with velocity recorded at the target.
Frames are portable and can be moved to any distance with hundreds of different target faces.
Cat

Old 03-07-2024, 09:40 AM

I print my targets on heavy stock letter sized paper, record my notes right on the target along with the temp and date. Punch holes in it and keep it in a binder.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-07-2024, 12:09 PM

What I do is use the Red Star targets. If the groups are worth looking at I keep the target and record group size, load data and velocity on the target. Then if the groups are real small I take pictures for bragging rights and send it to all my friends who shoot.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:30 PM

I use the side of a beer case, good heavy cardboard.