Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-06-2017, 07:25 AM

Default Buy and sell

I'm not sure maybe it's me trying to make a deal with a guy on buy and sell... and then he decides to end it a sell to local guy.... it's not like I wasn't going to pay shipping I knew that was going to be extra .... i think that's a little slimey oh and the guy is on here....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 04-06-2017, 10:08 AM

I think we would all like to sell stuff locally by someone who picks it up at our door. Saves on packaging and delivery to the post office. All that takes time and money. I have no knowledge of the buy/sell you are talking about. In the end, the guy who is selling is in control, but I would expect a closed deal to be honoured.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Default many people dont realize

How many inquiries one can get on an item. Some serious, some tire kickers who ask a question or two and then you never hear from them again.
If I don't hear "I'll take it" as part of the conversation the next person to inquire has the same equal opportunity to say "I'll take it"! Without a definitive commitment the people who inquired previously have no priority. If a couple people say I'll take it I give the first one priority and receiving funds with in 8 to 24 hours(whatever we agree to) seals the deal. Number 2 in line or even number 3 will be told they are next in line if first falls through and so on.
Without a firm commitment on all details including shipping there is no done deal.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:27 AM

It was a guy in the archery buy and sell... and like I said I was will to pay shipping so that should not matter...and I made that clear in the beginning with dealing with him...he is in control of the deal but he should have stated he didn't want to ship from the beginning instead of wasting my time ....

Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 04-23-2017, 06:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
I think we would all like to sell stuff locally by someone who picks it up at our door. Saves on packaging and delivery to the post office. All that takes time and money. I have no knowledge of the buy/sell you are talking about. In the end, the guy who is selling is in control, but I would expect a closed deal to be honoured.
Exactly
Old 04-23-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyard View Post
I'm not sure maybe it's me trying to make a deal with a guy on buy and sell... and then he decides to end it a sell to local guy.... it's not like I wasn't going to pay shipping I knew that was going to be extra .... i think that's a little slimey oh and the guy is on here....

Trying? Nope. The only way you have a complaint is if the deal (including shipping) was finalized. I've been both buyer and seller on here, and conversation means nothing until money is changing hands. You want something, go get it, be the first one to show up with cash. Or go to the post office and figure out shipping costs yourself instead of expecting someone else to do the work for you, and add that into your message along with "I'll take it what email do I send the EMT to"

FYI what is considered 'slimy' by most of us is coming on an open forum to complain about not getting your way.

(No I was not associated with the deal in question)
Old 04-23-2017, 01:14 PM

I always work under the assumption that everything is up for grabs until funds are exchanged in one way or another.

Local Sale > Shipping Required
Cash > EMT
Phone#/Texts > E-Mail/Forum Messages

I've only ever had positive experiences on this forum, even when I am just tire-kicking on a sale post.

Cash is king! Always!

R