Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Tree's First Elk Hunt!!!!!

So, we recieved final confirmation today! My hunting partner and I are heading up to GP on Saturday to take a crack at some elk and a big piece of private land that has never been hunted!

We're hoping to get in an evening bowhunt Saturday, hunt all day Sunday with the bows and hit it hard on Monday with the rifles! This is super last minute and I have so much to do between now and then. I haven't flung an arrow in a couple of months now, the last time I touched my rifle it was to remount the scope, and my amazing wife has concocted a minor 'honey do' list before I go! I can't wait as I have never specifically chased elk before. My partner has set up camps in 408 and in the Panther before, so he is experienced. The other guy coming with us is supposed to be one of the best callers in the province and super unselfish to boot. The landowner tells us that the herd is on his land every day and even winters there. Also, he has seen some pretty big bulls, and he assures us that we'll fill our tags! Wow! I'll naturally take a ton of pictures, and if this 'by the seat of our pants' trip works out, I'll be posting them. Man, these next few days are gonna be tough!

Tree