Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-22-2010, 08:25 AM

Default 2nd Year bowhunter needs Partner

Hey,
I have limited bowhunting experience but last year I absolutely loved it. I live just North of Edmonton and am looking for a partner to do day hunts here and there in the area. Would love to bag a moose.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2010, 09:49 AM

Default Hunting Partner

Hi again guys, i'm looking for a hunting partner around calgary area. PM me if you want to go out for a coffee and chat. Only serious and ethical hunters please. thanks
Old 08-22-2010, 10:00 AM

Default Edmonton

Located in Edmonton . Aug 22/10
My partner can't hunt this year because of work,so we did not put in for any tags.
So hear I am 50 years old , 2010 rifle season about to start and I have 2 weeks of holidays coming.
I have an atv with a tub trailer ,2 wheel drive truck with canopy and the use of a walk in cooler in Edmonton if needed .
Looking for anyone or a group that needs another partner.
Hunted everything except cougers .
Do have a few hunting areas that I can share .
I will not return to your area unless I am with you.
Pm me so I can book time off or just for a weekend outing.
Have a few refrences on this site if needed.
John
Old 08-22-2010, 01:22 PM

Default looking for hunting partner

Hi I'm from the barhead area north of Edmonton. I like hunting Whitetail and Moose. looking for some guys to go hunting with and starting an annual deer camp. I usually hunt locally but try to get my draws for 350. looking forward to a response..
Old 08-24-2010, 01:13 AM

Default ducks and geese anyone! in need of a partner up north!!

looking for a hunting partner/ someone to show me how its done!! in the fort mcmurray area but willing to travel a few hours toward edmonton/ lac la biche. have all the gear and not afraid to get my feet wet! pm me if your interested. thanks im 28 years old if that makes any difference....

Last edited by SEADOG; 08-24-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:49 AM

Default sheep hunter required

Have been doing some sheep hunting scouting inthe southern portion of our province.
I have seen to many grizzlies to keep going by myself.
If anyone is interested for a short but grueling sheep hunt give me a shout.The three to five day hunts would be on foot and sleeping on the mountain with the sheep.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:21 PM

hey im new to the site. i am from new brunswick. i am 24 years old and have been hunting since i was 5 . i love every aspect of it. I recently got a fedral job and have to relocate to grande cashe . i would be up for any scouting/fishing/shed hunting or hunting trip . i think it is very nice that there is people willing to help a person out . thanks for everything

i am a member of nbhunting fourm you can check out some of my trophys

good luck to everyone this year.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:17 AM

Hi, My name is Ron and I'm new to the Alberta hunting seen. Sorry to hear about your hunting partner, they are hard to replace. I've hunted for many years in BC, mostly moose and deer. I'm looking for a hunting partner, and your description in your note fits my bill. I follow all rules and have been known to hit my targets on a very regular basis. My favorite cal is win 270, but I have others. I live in Calgary but am willing to travel. Send me a note if your interested in a new hunting partner.

Ron
Old 08-26-2010, 07:57 AM

Default Duck Hunting

Hi Guys,

I'm 47 year old guy, new to Edmonton. I'm into Duck and big game hunting. I have five year of hunting experience but mostly around Calgary.

I'm at north side of the city.( cumberland).

I'm very responsible person. ( Family Physician by profession.)

Thanks,guys.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:07 AM

Default Trophy whitetail hunter

Hey,
I live in Fort Saskatchewan and I'm searching a hunting partner for big whitetail, I'm not a meat hunter. I'm fairly new to edmonton, last year was my first year hunting here. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to hunt whitetail, I got 5 trail camera, I'm equiped to hunt in every conditions possible and whiling to wait till that big booner showed up. I'm military,I've been here since 2 years, my only problem is I dont really know the area, Ive been scouting every weekend last year, all over Alberta and I'm still scouting to find some good spot , if anyone wants to come with me on the weekend, just send me a PM.

Rocky
26 years old
Old 08-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Default looking for ethical, laid back hunting partners

Hey everyone! (well I assume mostly guys!) I'm new to this site, and would love to find some ladies to hunt with, but have no problem finding some hunting buddies too I guess I'm in the same boat as many of you out there, don't want to head out on my own, and I feel I can always learn more from experienced hunters if they are willing to have me tag along. Rest assured I can gut, drag and take apart an animal on my own!!!!

I'm still pretty new to the game, this will be my 5th season, and I know I still have a lot to learn. I'm a 27 year old woman, with a truck, gun, and most of the equipement I need (you can never have enough hunting or horse stuff!!!!) I have 3 decent whitie bucks under my belt. All of my experience is in 328 and 330, with limited mulie chasing in 200. I live just north of Calgary, and don't mind travelling to see new areas.

I also would LOVE to find some people to horseback hunt with. I have a 6 year old APHA/QH gelding that has been and proven himself in the mountains, with a level head (his first trip out there he was just 4).

I just purchased my very first rifle, a Remingtion Model 700 Mountain LSS in 270WIN, and am in the process of decking her out with all the bells and whistles! (see picture link below) This is very similar to the gun I had borrowed the past few years. Heading out to sight her in soon. I'm looking at getting a bipod, and am thinking of the Harris Ultralight 12-25", any suggestions? (or suggestions where to go to ask for advice???)

Anyway, if anyone is interested in a tag along, or heading out to the areas I know, drop me a line! Buck fever is comin on......

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/pictu...pictureid=2127
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/pictu...pictureid=2129
Old 08-28-2010, 12:25 PM

Default Looking for hunting partner

Hi there,
I'm living in Redwood Meadows near Bragg Creek and last year was my first hunting season. Got 1 WT-Buck, 1 WT-Doe and a Mule doe.
This year I got drawn for an antlered mule and I'm looking for a hnting buddy for the 312-area.
If you are interested pls contact me

All the best
Rudy
Old 08-29-2010, 06:45 PM

Default South Calgary

Hello Hunters,

I am 32, I eat, sleep, pray hunting and I have a young family and a limited schedule at this time. I have a pretty good network of hunting friends and we do all sorts of hunts. For example we went to SK last year and had a great time!
I am looking to get a little more serious(as time permits)into Elk hunting in Southern AB.
The ideal situation would be to get land owner permission and to stay away from all the busy areas. I am more than willing to work with/for land owners, guys gotta earn his keep! I am very ethical, very responsible and depending on the hunting situation we may be able to trade up some hunting trips.
I want to be involved with like minded hunters, ones that have young families and understand how little time we have chasing the little ones while they are growing up!
As I mentioned, I am a little fussy, I want to hunt Elk in Southern AB and I am looking for the ideal partner(s). I think if everything went well we could build a very rewarding friendship.
Please feel free to contact me at wscott91@gmail.com. I work down town Cowtown so I am pretty flexible to meet people.

Thank-you and happy safe hunting to all.

Wade
Old 08-30-2010, 06:31 PM

Default Looking to hunt in St. Anne County

New hunter, only been out a few times. Really want to do an elk hunt and also would like to learn St. Anne County for deer hunting
Old 09-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Default Whitecourt

Hi, I have recently moved to Whitecourt for a job after finishing university and would love to be able to do some hunting in the area. I have been hunting for years, but back home is too long to drive for a day or even a weekend. Anyone from the area who would be willing to have a tag-along, it would be great to hear from you. Shoot me a PM if interested. I have all my own gear etc, just don't know where to start in all this bush. LOL.

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Banned

Default easy , cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
LOL...hang in there Herd Bull...sounds like you are trying to do a good thing for someone. Best for people to learn now that baiting bears is a big time and monetary investment!
not really sheep , all l do is sit down and fry up some bacon and eggs , and bingo , thers a bear , boom tag filled.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:23 PM

Default Looking for partener

Hi all, this year would be my third year hunting in Alberta, in my first year I bought shot gun and went for duck and geese at one lake I knew only for the hole season, my second year I bought 300 win mag, and went for deer it was great experience but the bad knews that i still have my deer tag lol only one crown land i knew went there every week end and didnt find any deer there, I shot few times with my riffle just to sight it and that was it for the season so went back for the docks lol.

this year I am hoping to find a good partner to join me, and hoping to find an experience hunter to show me around, I am a good shot I love clay sport, but none of my friends into hunting.

I got my truck and my gear, I am fun, I have been in Canada for 10 years yet I dont know how to do good stake boooo.

If you drink or use any drug while hunting, please dont email me,

thank you all and looking forward to hear back.

Nezar76
Old 09-06-2010, 05:07 PM

Hi all, 30 years Old live in Olds been hunting for 16 years, mostly whitetail hunt in 220/210/208 have a fair amount of land I can access. Seems most of my friends have been getting out of hunting over the last few years so I would like to find some new hunting partners. I would be happy to have someone tag along this season and would also like to tag around with you to hunt some new areas. I am pretty laid back follow all the rules but could care less if you drink a couple beers at lunch, I will be having one to. I usually still hunt in the mornings and Evenings, and during the day push bush and road hunt. I am pretty busy with work at the moment but will be taking a couple weeks off in November for sure. Send me a PM if your interested.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 PM

Talking 2nd year hunter

Hi there,
iv been around hunting sence i was a kid when my dad and uncle hunted.
This has been my 2nd season hunting, last year i hunted alone. Now im looking for a partner with or without experience, i have a couple spots for whitetail and moose. I was at my spot last weekend and seen 6 whitetail doe and 2 3x3 bucks.Im looking at hunting whitetail and moose this year but im up for anything i just like being out there.

I have all my gear and a 4x4 truck and quad with trailers for both.

Im planning on going out there the weekend of the 17th.

No drugs/booze while hunting.

i fish,quad,sled and of course hunt around Edmonton area.

Thanks Mike.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:15 PM

Default Lethbridge Hunter

Hello,

I just moved down to Lethbridge from northern BC for university. I have a non-resident bird license for Alberta so I would like to get out after anything with wings.
I have a bunch of goose decoys and a dozen duck decoys, and a whole lot of other hunting gear.
I also love big game hunting, but am not licensed for it in Alberta. So if anyone wants a tag-along for a deer hunt, etc, I'd definately be up for that too.
I'd prefer to stay within an hour or so from the city, as much of my yearly gas money seems to be slipping away to textbook costs.
I put a high priority on safety in the field, and I am very by-the-book when it comes to laws.

Mac
Old 09-09-2010, 12:26 AM

hey guys and gals,

my name is rick and im new to the site here. i just moved to grande prairie from beautiful b.c. and live to hunt, either with a bow(even tho im currently w/o a bow) or rifle. back home ive hunted moose, elk, deer, turkey, coyotes, bear and caribou, i am a very safe ethical hunter that does all his hunting by foot or by quad on the odd occasion. im lookin to hook up with someone that has some info on the area as i dont know sqwat other than what i see while on the job and from the few scouting trips ive done since i moved here. i am 24 dont drink, or smoke if that matters to anyone and i am hopin i can set up a hunt with someone that isnt gonna shoot me in the middle of nowhere haha, so if your intrested in hookin up for an elk hunt or deer or whatever send me a pm, cheers

rick
Old 09-09-2010, 04:10 PM

Default Edmonton shooter.

I started shooting again this year after a 20yr hiatus and am looking for other Edmontonians to shoot/hunt with. I would like to get out on a coyote shoot as well as birds/waterfowl and deer. I shoot a modified sks (shooter to 200 yds) and just purchased an 835 deer (slugs/sabot) and waterfowl 12g. I also shoot at the Genesee range and would welcome anyone who wants to start trap shooting for practice.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:36 PM

Smile Waterfowl hunting in Edmonton Area

Hi We're new to Edmonton and would love to take our Labrador hunting dog out again. Anyone who can tell us were to go hunt or to come along and show us where to go would be great. We are able to go on any weekend as weekdays we have to work...We would like to stay within a 2-3 hr drive from Edmonton.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:49 PM

Hello I have been big game and grouse hunting for 10 years now. I would like to get out a do some duck and goose hunting I have a blind but no decoies yet. I have 2 kayaks, and a 2 man canoe if needed. So if you are near the calagry are and planing a shoot and dont mind me taggin along please send me a pm. I am willing to do any leg work or grunt work needed to get the shoot setup.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:10 PM

Smile Looking for a partner-mentor in Calgary

Hello everybody. My name is Leon. I'm 36, new hunter with a little previous experience and would like to get new friends with experience in waterfowl and grouse hunting. I live in Calgary NW and will supply my 4x4 Tacoma and inflatable boat (paddles!) for hunting trips. Good to go for a few days as well, even weekdays are fine.
If you are newbie like me and don't have a partner, you are welcome as well.
Please e-mail me : lvf08@shaw.ca
Old 09-10-2010, 11:07 PM

Default happy hunting

Your a good man Tuc! thanks for creating this new post! Something Tom once told me was that guys that hunt probbly have more respect and appreciation for what we have on this earth then any other. People on this forum sure gets my thumbs up. Wish you all a safe and sucessful hunting season!
Hilton
Old 09-11-2010, 06:32 AM

Default Long shot, but I'll try anyways

I have a good friend that moved out to Vancouver last year. He came back to bowhunt elk with another good friend. Just as he arrived in town, the other guy got called to work in Dawson Creek. So buddy is in Calgary until the 20th with no wheels, and no one to hunt with. I can't take him, because I am at work too.
Does anyone have room to have him tag along? He is a stand up guy that I can vouch for. Pulls his weight and then some. He has minimal elk hunting experience.

Thanks,
Old 09-12-2010, 08:15 PM

I'll keep it simple on this for a lot more details on ideas I have see the link to another thread.

Hunting: No drawn tags but will tag along for any animal for the exercise
Notes: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=69005

I am looking to bring my camera along if possible, if not I am still good to go. I would shoot shotgun mostly and 30-06 and of course a few .22's
Old 09-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Hey everyone i'm sixteen and came to be addicted to hunting before i was in the double digits. However in the past two years my dad has come to give up on hunting because between me and my three brothers theres not enough room in the meat freezer, this year in fact we werent aloud to draw. I LOVE to hunt coyotes though, but unfortunately am held back by the fact I dont know many places to go. I dont have a lot to bring to the table, i have a gun, no camper, a foxpro and hand calls, but no vehicle. Though I do have a bright head sitting on top of a young set of legs. I live just south west of Medicine Hat and would chip for gas and would really appreciate being taken out. drop me a pm

, Rhys
Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 AM

Default hare hunting with hounds

Hi, I live in Edmonton. I work part time. I am usually available Th,F,St,Sn. I am willing to travel 1 day away from home. I have experience camping but not hunting. My foxhound cross has sucsesfully hunted hare on his own. I also have a young borzoi (Russian Wolfhound) who is keen to chase hare. I would like to hunt them in open country so I can watch them work. Is there anyone out there like-minded?