Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-07-2020, 10:36 AM
Banned

Default Don't just listen to your docs advice...

Spoke with 2 doctors over the past week. I need iron infusions badly. My family doc said I would have to wait til this pandemic blew over in order to get in. Great, I'm a walking talking zombie at the moment. Listen to the doc, burned in the brain.

Spoke with the hospital yesterday, very quick to pick up the phone, told me to bring in a requisition and they will hook me up (pardon the pun). Spoke with another doc this morning from the same office in trying to get requisitions for blood and iron, he was surprised that a hospital was bringing people in, asked which one. What gives?

I've been getting the run around for the last month, so much miscommunication and bull. Even doctors aren't aware they can send patients to the hospital.

If you're waiting due to this coronavirus stuff for necessary procedures, call the hospital to verify. Don't just take your doctors word for it.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:39 AM

What else is new? Has been this way my whole life. You are responsible for yourself...you always have to be the squeaky wheel to get anywhere before its too late.

Welcome to socialized healthcare
Old 04-07-2020, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post
What else is new? Has been this way my whole life. You are responsible for yourself...you always have to be the squeaky wheel to get anywhere before its too late.

Welcome to socialized healthcare
Seems to be getting worse due to all this coronavirus.

I haven't seen a doctor in 20 years prior to this condition.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burro View Post
Seems to be getting worse due to all this coronavirus.
It likely is. The strain on healthcare they keep telling us about has a serious trickle down effect.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:06 PM

I’m waiting to get in to get some biopsies taken out of my lungs, still trying to get this fixed, right now I’m not important at all so I’ve been pushed to the back of the line.. where I remain!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-07-2020, 12:40 PM

Got a call from my doctors office yesterday he is closing his practice and just working out of a walk in clinic. I do not like waiting forever in walk in clinics so might have to search for a new doctor. If Kenny has not driven them all out of province.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:04 PM

Yep, my wife was scheduled to see a cardiologist, finally, after a 5 week wait....and then 5 days before appointment it got cancelled. Not an emergency unless she is having another heart attack. Then we can call an ambulance. Yay. All non essential shut down, but thier definition may differ from yours.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-07-2020, 01:05 PM
Banned

Just checked into grey nuns, pretty quiet. Only one other person waiting.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:28 PM
Banned

Had a video doctors app this morning for my shoulder, quick and easy. Could have gotten in today to get it operated on but we would have been too rushed. Easter Monday in the morning they will do it at the hospital in Lethbridge. Since I took a bad spill in early March all my appointments have been quick.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:23 PM

I have only had one GP doctor that I liked, and trusted. He moved on to bigger and better things. The rest were less than useless, over confident unable to admit being wrong, and eager to over prescribe!