Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 01-02-2015, 01:14 PM

Default Online tying suppliers

Hi all, just wondering what good sites you use for ordering fly tying materials online. I dug up some old threads about this but they are a little dated. I'd prefer Canadian sites but I'm not opposed to american ones either
Old 01-02-2015, 01:49 PM

Shipping figures into the equation, so I like the one stop shopping experience. Sadly I don't know of a Canadian supplier that can do that.

So, for hooks and beads I use these guys, Canadian and a great guy to deal with. http://www.canadianllama.com/index.p...e=products_all

For everything else, or close to it I like these guys. Not necessarily the cheapest but lots of stock and seem to have to do very little back ordering. Also very good to deal with, if you use them make sure they ship USPS and NOT UPS. UPS are crocks and will ding you very hard on brokerage fees.
http://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingstore.com/

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-02-2015, 11:04 PM

I've been wondering the same thing myself. My only options for tying materials where I'm at are WSS or the craft store. I've been getting pretty sick of the lack of selection and usually not being able to find what I need from them. Is there any Canadian fly shops with a decent inventory that do online orders?
Old 01-03-2015, 07:51 AM

I've ordered some supplies from this fella off Ebay. Ships from Canada and prices are reasonable. He combines shipping also.
http://stores.ebay.ca/pikabousflyfis...p2047675.l2563
Old 01-03-2015, 08:05 AM

Although I do buy the odd thing online, nothing beats actually seeing what you are buying. Bought a lot of junk online. Quality tying materials make quality easy to tie flies.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 01-03-2015, 03:07 PM

Those all look like very good sites, thanks!

I agree that it's nice to look at the quality of the material before you buy, however you can't always find what you're looking for, even in big centres. I'd rather just ship to Cochrane than run around Calgary and sometimes not find what I'm looking for.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReed View Post
Hi all, just wondering what good sites you use for ordering fly tying materials online. I dug up some old threads about this but they are a little dated. I'd prefer Canadian sites but I'm not opposed to american ones either

http://www.flytyersdungeon.com/

wicked wicked site ive been using.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:40 AM

These guys have a lot of stuff jstockards, as for shipping you can usually wait til there's a deal.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:39 AM

Robinson's outdoors bc,Togen hooks...These both sell quality materials.They both ship via Canada Post...
Old 01-05-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off in the Bushes View Post
These guys have a lot of stuff jstockards, as for shipping you can usually wait til there's a deal.
Great website, looks like a good one stop shop