Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-03-2017, 09:50 PM

Default GLOCK! Aftermarket trigger!

Not sure I'll get much feedback, but here goes! I was wondering what folks out there are using for aftermarket Glock triggers, and what their thoughts are on them. I am considering trigger upgrades on my Gen 4 Glock 17s, and looking for some opinions!
Old 05-07-2017, 09:59 PM

Never owned a Glock, but put an Apex trigger in my M&P and it made a huge difference. I'd roll the dice on one of those any day of the week if you want to make the change.

The most common thing I've read about is people getting a Ghost 3.5# trigger connector to install and leaving everything else spec.

Glock's are also well known to get better with break-in. If you're on the fence, put five hundred rounds through it and think it over.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:52 AM

I picked up a Overwatch Precision trigger for my Glock 17 along with Zev V4 3.5# connector and a wolf spring kit (safety plunger spring, striker spring and trigger reset spring).

At first I installed just the trigger and connector. The take up and reset were noticeably shorter than the factory trigger. There wasn't a huge difference in pull weight, but it was lighter (sorry, I don't have a pull gauge). Then, I installed the Plunger safety spring and the trigger return spring. I'd say they make a difference, but it's not massive.

I haven't installed the striker spring as I've read that it's the culprit in most issues Glock's have when you tinker with them.

Overall I'm happy with it, and I find the feel of the flat face trigger is the best part of the set up. The springs I could live without, but they were cheap so why not.

FYI, I found I got the best bang for my buck with the $0.25 trigger job (search youTube). Mine had about 1500-2k round through it and it still made the trigger feel a lot better. I'm sure that a new Glock would really benefit from it.