Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-16-2015, 11:12 PM

Default Black Bows

I notice the trend to be moving toward more of the new bows to be black as opposed to the camo.

My last 3 bows have been black which is nice when swapping out accessories.

What are most of u picking on your new bows?
Old 02-16-2015, 11:39 PM

Accessory matching is definitely why I switched to black... couldn't find anything to match the pattern on my last bow. It has better resale from what I've seen and in my mind a black bow kinda bridges the gap between target and hunting.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:44 AM

I like black for hunting ground blinds...I think it gives you a small advantage. I also wear all black in the blind to try and conceal my movement and presence.

LC
Old 02-17-2015, 07:37 AM

Yes for me black and or carbon fibre seem to match pretty much any accessories and seem a lot easier to sell , in fact I have a black omen for sale if anyone is interested

Rob
Old 02-17-2015, 07:54 AM

Blacked out bows brings out the Tactical attraction in shooters...and they look bad azz!!!

Ironically black is/can be extra cost with some model bows...
back in the day of 1st and second generation bows you had you choice of a silver or high gloss black choice...we would spend a week painting our bows camo, then when using mosquitoe repellant with deet all the paint would come off and we had matching face paint...lol

The first camo models were an extra charge then...

Black is a better camo than most think, stay in the shadows and be stealth and tactical...

As lefty stated the trend became more popular as blind usage became more popular!!!
...Ninja stealth...lol

Neil
Old 02-17-2015, 08:12 AM

I know at first certain manufacturer charged more for all black....now it seems black is common and they charge more for certain camo patterns!

I never pictured them as tactical . I just didn't care for the camo that the bow I purchased came in and I like to get black accessories (being left handed choice is limited) because they can be transferred bow to bow without clashing

LC
Old 02-17-2015, 08:27 AM

I like my bow with all black accessories...adds to camo effect and still looks great...the total blacked out bows look mean!!

When I had my Mathews HeliM custom dipped in winter camo at APA, the only accessories I had dipped the same was quiver hood and stabilizer

Yes manufactuers are slowly making black a standard color in most brands now...

Neil
Old 02-17-2015, 08:40 AM
Banned

I have a bow with a black riser and camo limbs, a bow with a camo riser and black limbs, and an all black bow. As far as looks go, I think I like the black riser with camo limbs the best. I have never bought a camo sight, they've all been black, I think a black bow with a camo quiver to break it up a bit while stalking is a good option, like a tight spot quiver, just pop it off while you're in the ground blind.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:43 PM

Black bows are just sexy..... They are so deadly looking. I'm wanting to paint my camo bow all black one day.

And sometimes you can just have..... too much camo.... Ya you heard me... Too much camo... Lol.

So i find it's nice to just to change it up some. Rather than camo, wearing more of natural colors and blacks. Sometimes you can blend in a bit better. Having the wrong type of camo in a setting can make you feel so out of place. Where other colors seem to blend no matter what the setting or terrain.

Nothing wrong with camo bows at all! But the blacks are just.... Mean! And look cool.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:16 PM

Default Black bows

Funny me, I thought bows were for killing things . I dont care at all what color my accessories are and if they match the bow....
Old 02-20-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Funny me, I thought bows were for killing things . I dont care at all what color my accessories are and if they match the bow....
Not all bows are for killin things...there are target and hunter 3D shooters out there...

As far as a hunting bow...if you think she is sexy you will learn to play with her better, when one has confidence and admires their bow they will be a better shooter every time...

JMHO
Neil
Old 02-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Banned

They will both get you where you want to go....

Which would you choose?
Old 02-20-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
They will both get you where you want to go....

Which would you choose?

You know.... thats actually a tough one. The rough beater is deadly because you don't give a crap what happens to it, and it will still be awesome. where the other is just... beautiful, but I'd die if it got hurt.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Not all bows are for killin things...there are target and hunter 3D shooters out there...

As far as a hunting bow...if you think she is sexy you will learn to play with her better, when one has confidence and admires their bow they will be a better shooter every time...

JMHO
Neil

Amen.... when i look at my bow.... it just makes me want to play...and it really does help your confidence. A lack of confidence in your equipment is a kiss of death.... been there done that.

Looks don't put your animal on the ground, or cause your bow to operate better. Of course not... but like neil said, the more you shoot, the better. And when your bow just looks good, it makes you wanna shoot them! And it makes me happy playing with something that looks so sexy... lol. I admire it, and want to take care of it.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:51 AM

Default Bows

If it was me I'd take a look under the hood and choose the best truck for my needs...I like the rough one by the way
Old 02-20-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:

JMHO
Neil
Well put Neil.

My bow is camo riser, black limbs. Sort of wish it was the other way around. I have black/flo green accessories, mostly. Have a new wrist sling coming and one day a new string to match.
One of my boys has red accents, one has gone for orange accents on his bow.

The customizing is fun and it makes the bow more individual.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post

Which would you choose?

Same truck in both pics, no?

Both pictures look beautiful to me.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Same truck in both pics, no?

Both pictures look beautiful to me.
Dunno, I just picked 2 random pics of the interweb.

I couldn't use a pic of a Ford and a Chevy, no matter what the condition everyone would have just picked the Chevy.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:46 PM

A bunch of serious bow hunters, so very concerned about...."matching accessories"

Black: ground blind, maybe spruce tree stands.

Camo: everywhere else

Hot girlfriend wearing black or camo: sexy

Bow wearing black or camo: awesome, but does not (or should not) affect undercarriage. Some fences ain't meant to be crossed boys.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:

Exactly how I feel about it - confidence is everything
Old 02-23-2015, 08:01 AM

I Dunno...

Ho-hum!!!

HOOOYA !!!

lol
Neil
Old 02-24-2015, 06:49 PM

Great site. My PAL runs out this year and have decided to let it go. Instead, after 33 years, I've decided to get back into archery. Man bows have come a long way. I ordered a Hoyt Nitro 35 in harvest brown with the carbon look limbs. Brown with black accents.

Been looking on the net. Other than long bow is there a tactical competition for compounds?
Old 02-27-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45-90scout View Post
Great site. My PAL runs out this year and have decided to let it go. Instead, after 33 years, I've decided to get back into archery. Man bows have come a long way. I ordered a Hoyt Nitro 35 in harvest brown with the carbon look limbs. Brown with black accents.

Been looking on the net. Other than long bow is there a tactical competition for compounds?
Depending on your defination of Tactical ...all the 3D shoots could be considered Tactical !!!

Neil
Old 02-27-2015, 08:43 AM

Yota's for life!! Edit: I chose camo. It's dark enough for ground blinds, and I think black is an eyesore while hunting...