Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-09-2015, 06:07 PM

Default Bowtech Experience vs Hoyt Nitrum

Does anyone own a either bow. Was thinking of purchasing one or the other this year, just looking for a little feedback. Thanks
Old 02-09-2015, 06:09 PM

I have an Experience but I have never shot a Hoyt. The experiencebus an awesome bow though most I have seen exceed the IBO rating.

LC
Old 02-09-2015, 06:37 PM

I have an experience as well and it's a great bow, can't say much for the hoyt never shot one.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:37 PM

Wholesale sports has the experience on sale 30% off right now btw
Old 02-09-2015, 06:38 PM

Was gonna buy one yesterday but wholesale north was sold out of left handed bowtechs
Old 02-09-2015, 06:40 PM

I have an experience and I like it. I had a Hoyt carbon matrix and prefer my bowtech over the Hoyt I had. It easily beats the rated ibo speed. It's closer to a 340fps bow.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:06 PM

Love my experience! So happy I stayed with bowtech!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the experience is tough to beat.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:48 PM

That depends what kind if saftey gear do you shoot with....soecial saftey gear is need for exploding bowtechs!
Personally the hoyt is ugly and made over seas. There are many other great options I would lean towards before either of those.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:49 AM

Never shot a Hoyt. Love my experience.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
That depends what kind if saftey gear do you shoot with....soecial saftey gear is need for exploding bowtechs!
Personally the hoyt is ugly and made over seas. There are many other great options I would lean towards before either of those.
In all seriousness I have never had or seen any issues with Bowtech bow personally and I have shot quite a few as have many people I know who hunt and shoot competitively.

Other than Internet lore have you seen any have issue in person?

The Experience is an excellent bow.

I used to shoot High Country Archery bows and I did have 2 sets of limbs crack on one bow I owned....that one got a fresh set of limbs and was sold!

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 02-10-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
I realize this is sarcasm but just so those who may not read that into the post.

Bowtechs exploding bows is greatly over exagerated I have never personally seen or know of any. Either had JimBows when I asked about it when I bought my bowtech.

Hoyts are not built overseas. They are built in the USA.

Nothing wrong with Hoyts or Bowtechs. Have owned both but I do love my new Prime. Maybe next year I will love something more.

oh wait almost forgot Athens are built in sweat shops in Indonesia by 8 year olds ( see what i did there. Sarcasm here as well)
Old 02-10-2015, 07:15 AM

My son shoots a 2014 Hoyt faktor and it's very smooth, he has also shot the experience, he said it was a great bow but he went with the faktor
Old 02-10-2015, 11:58 AM

Wow some pretty serious fan boys
Lefty no I have not had an issue with a Bowtech myself....but of course you knew that.

diamond k .....while Hoyts may be assembled in the USA almost all the parts (cams, carbon risers, aluminum risers and limbs) are made in various countries in Asia.

Athens bows - risers, cams and strings are made in house in the USA limbs are made by Barnsdale and Gordon Glass both in the USA.

Now I seen what you did there but both comments I had held truth and validity where what you said is an outright lie.

Would I worry about a Bowtech being a "Blowtech" if I owned one .....no I wouldn't. Does the fact that Hoyt manufactures in Asia stop me from buying one ....yes.

Now to the OP I would seriously look at some of the reviews from the 2015ATA on other bows before choosing the two you asked about.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:16 PM

you should be trying them both and making your own call on it... there are lots of brands out there and I would try as many different ones before buying one especially if your going to spend the money...
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 02-10-2015, 12:44 PM

If liking a brand that has never let me down and has allowed me to take a lot of great animals and won me a silver medal at nationals makes me a fanboy....then I am guilty as charged

I agree....let the bow pick you no matter what the name on the limb says, lots of great options out there!

LC
Old 02-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wow some pretty serious fan boys
Lefty no I have not had an issue with a Bowtech myself....but of course you knew that.

diamond k .....while Hoyts may be assembled in the USA almost all the parts (cams, carbon risers, aluminum risers and limbs) are made in various countries in Asia.

Athens bows - risers, cams and strings are made in house in the USA limbs are made by Barnsdale and Gordon Glass both in the USA.

Now I seen what you did there but both comments I had held truth and validity where what you said is an outright lie.

Would I worry about a Bowtech being a "Blowtech" if I owned one .....no I wouldn't. Does the fact that Hoyt manufactures in Asia stop me from buying one ....yes.

Now to the OP I would seriously look at some of the reviews from the 2015ATA on other bows before choosing the two you asked about.

Mike, I think you better do a fact check before you post up statements as fact. I know a guy who knows for FACT that the only Hoyt bow that has any parts made overseas is the youth model Ruckus, all other bows and parts are made in house, this information comes from a man who was actually inside the Hoyt factory in Salt Lake City and saw first hand the limbs being made and dipped, and the CNC machines making the cams.

I guess you don't have to be scared about buying a Hoyt after all
Old 02-10-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Mike, I think you better do a fact check before you post up statements as fact. I know a guy who knows for FACT that the only Hoyt bow that has any parts made overseas is the youth model Ruckus, all other bows and parts are made in house, this information comes from a man who was actually inside the Hoyt factory in Salt Lake City and saw first hand the limbs being made and dipped, and the CNC machines making the cams.

I guess you don't have to be scared about buying a Hoyt after all
Kurt you Beat me to it.

Mike I am sure if you asked Lawrence he would show you the pics refered above. Best to get some facts straight before spouting off.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:23 PM

Hoyt carbon risers are made overseas.

Go look on archerytalk.com and check out some threads on there. They have one thread I believe where they list the asian factories that the Hoyt carbon risers are made in.

I just traded my bowtech invasion cpx for an athens accomplice 32. I am already feeling more comfortable drawing back and at full draw then I ever did with the invasion.

I am not saying that the bowtech was a bad bow by any means, I am just saying maybe the o.p. should look into more bows then just 2 of them.

Narrow down you choices by checking out the specs and comparing bows with similar specs that interest you instead of just checking out the most popular bows because of the fad at a certain time in Archery.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:37 PM

I shoot a Hoyt Razortech bow for hunting. Killed my share of moose and deer with it. Did have to replace limbs at one point. No problem dealing with Hoyt on this.
Shot a Bowtech Allegence for nine years in competition 3d. Wanted a new bow last year and after many years of shooting the Bowtech, decided to try as many other brands of bows as I could. This was a bit of a challenge as I am a lefty. Finally got around to trying the Bowtech Experience. Three shots and I was sold. My shooting has improved with this bow; it's also extremely quiet. Highly recommend it.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:02 PM

Gotta love when the "pros" bash everyone's equipment except the name that's on their free cheesy shirt.

I like my bowtech because I can actually put my money where my mouth is and post how it performs in the field.

If you narrowed it down to these two bows shoot em and pick which one fits your budget and feels the best.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFK View Post
Gotta love when the "pros" bash everyone's equipment except the name that's on their free cheesy shirt.

I like my bowtech because I can actually put my money where my mouth is and post how it performs in the field.

If you narrowed it down to these two bows shoot em and pick which one fits your budget and feels the best.
How true! The day I got my new Bowtech, I bought my own "cheesy" shirt cause I liked the Bowtech design on it. You're right. This bow does perform. 'Nuff said!
Old 02-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Banned

I bought my first compound bow in 1986, a PSE Jet flight.... but I still don't know what the hell a chessy shirt is???
Old 02-10-2015, 06:41 PM

Walk around at a shoot you will see lots.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Hoyt carbon risers are made overseas.

Go look on archerytalk.com and check out some threads on there. They have one thread I believe where they list the asian factories that the Hoyt carbon risers are made in.

I just traded my bowtech invasion cpx for an athens accomplice 32. I am already feeling more comfortable drawing back and at full draw then I ever did with the invasion.

I am not saying that the bowtech was a bad bow by any means, I am just saying maybe the o.p. should look into more bows then just 2 of them.

Narrow down you choices by checking out the specs and comparing bows with similar specs that interest you instead of just checking out the most popular bows because of the fad at a certain time in Archery.

ontarget7
November 2nd, 2013, 09:44 PM
Randy Walk, President of Hoyt:

Our Carbon R&D Team partnered with a Carbon R&D Team out of Italy to fuel this high-powered research and development project. We have worked diligently to partner with some of the most technical, sophisticated and highest quality carbon manufacturing fabricators in the world. This is a very precise and specialized process requiring very specific high-tech machinery only found in very specific carbon manufacturing facilities. Due to the proprietary nature of the process we cannot discuss fabrication locations or methods but all Hoyt bows have and continue to be built in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. In fact, due to the exceptional growth of our company, we have just built a brand new, 150,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Salt Lake City. This new state-of-the-art facility has allowed us to significantly improve all of our manufacturing processes including our state of the art machine shop, limb lamination and fabrication, specialized paint and finishing operation, custom string building, assembly production including carbon specific production lines where every single carbon bow we produce is built.
This facility also includes new state of the art research & development and engineering labs allowing our team of engineers to continue to push the envelope allowing us to maintain an intense focus on archery innovation and technology and leading the industry. We take that role very seriously and will continue to do all that we can to produce the most technologically advanced, highest quality and most innovative products that archers and bowhunters can buy. At Hoyt, we live and breathe archery. It is our love and our passion so we know our customers and what they want and expect. We expect it ourselves and are obsessively driven to innovate, engineer and design the best archery products in the world that provide a true advantage to the end user.

If you spent any time on AT or Youtube, you'd know who ontarget7 is, if you have any questions about hoyt you can ask him directly, he knows how to get the facts. He's taking time off of AT for a while but still can be reached on his website.

Last edited by Kurt505; 02-10-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
ontarget7
November 2nd, 2013, 09:44 PM
Randy Walk, President of Hoyt:

Our Carbon R&D Team partnered with a Carbon R&D Team out of Italy to fuel this high-powered research and development project. We have worked diligently to partner with some of the most technical, sophisticated and highest quality carbon manufacturing fabricators in the world. This is a very precise and specialized process requiring very specific high-tech machinery only found in very specific carbon manufacturing facilities. Due to the proprietary nature of the process we cannot discuss fabrication locations or methods but all Hoyt bows have and continue to be built in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. In fact, due to the exceptional growth of our company, we have just built a brand new, 150,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Salt Lake City. This new state-of-the-art facility has allowed us to significantly improve all of our manufacturing processes including our state of the art machine shop, limb lamination and fabrication, specialized paint and finishing operation, custom string building, assembly production including carbon specific production lines where every single carbon bow we produce is built.
This facility also includes new state of the art research & development and engineering labs allowing our team of engineers to continue to push the envelope allowing us to maintain an intense focus on archery innovation and technology and leading the industry. We take that role very seriously and will continue to do all that we can to produce the most technologically advanced, highest quality and most innovative products that archers and bowhunters can buy. At Hoyt, we live and breathe archery. It is our love and our passion so we know our customers and what they want and expect. We expect it ourselves and are obsessively driven to innovate, engineer and design the best archery products in the world that provide a true advantage to the end user.

If you spent any time on AT or Youtube, you'd know who ontarget7 is, if you have any questions about hoyt you can ask him directly, he knows how to get the facts. He's taking time off of AT for a while but still can be reached on his website.
All I get from that is beating around the bush by Hoyt. Built = Assembled not made or manufactured ...I never disputed where they were built. A company like Hoyt would promote if there bows were made in the USA and they don't.

I doing a lot of reading there is no clear response from Hoyt just a ton of speculation and them never giving a clear answer....seems sketchy....but whatever draw your own conclusions.

This is nothing against Hoyt bows or those that shoot them lets not take it so personal. I have shot some Hoyts and they are great bows but like many things I try to buy within North America just stating my opinion as the OP asked.

The Bowtech thing was a joke but there is truth to the fact that they did have some issues with limbs and I even did a recall of 8000 bows.
http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2009/...y-Break-Apart/

Anyway to the OP I would try and find a shop where you can shoot them side by side ....are there and Hoyt and Bowtechs under one roof.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

If liking a brand that has never let me down and has allowed me to take a lot of great animals and won me a silver medal at nationals makes me a fanboy....then I am guilty as charged

I agree....let the bow pick you no matter what the name on the limb says, lots of great options out there!

LC
Oh don't take me so literally
Old 02-10-2015, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Oh don't take me so literally
I don't hence the smiley faces

LC
Old 02-10-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFK View Post

Ill assume you are reffering to me .....what's the matter did I hurt your feelings with my Bowtech joke? Did I mention other manufactures names?
You guys take a couple ribbing comments way to serious!

Money where your mouth is ......now what are you referring too?

Ill agree with your last comment as I already suggested that.

Last edited by Mike_W; 02-10-2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:32 PM
Banned

Mike, call Lawrence, he was there. I called him up after reading your post, he'll clear things up for you