Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-12-2012, 09:40 AM

Default Newbie shooter from manitoba

Hello everyone. this is my first post.I got redirected here from a post in LRH. I have been reading post on here and other forums for a couple years.Youtube is great for watching gunsmiths build long range.BUT nothing beats this forum cause it"s canadian.I am going to build a gun from the info on this forum and LRH.I have already started.I am a poor man (kid in college) so gun and reloading equipment will be 100% used parts (lightly used) except gunsmithing,picatiny rail and barrel with muzzle brake.Have most of the reloading(need case trmmer-prep station-tumbler-more manuals never enough).Gun will be 7mm rem mag.I bought a ziess conquest 4.5x14x44 side focus with rapid Z=1000. I got a weatherby vanguard yesterday in 7mm rem mag.My gun will be built on the howa 1500 action.I"ll have to find metric gunsmith for blueprinting and rebarreling.Well i have to start looking for stock. Hope to have it done by next summer to work up a load for fall hunting.I am stuck on barrel length-twist-conture. Any advice on this.GOOD HUNTING