Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-10-2012, 02:33 PM

Default Kettner Condor firing pin

The first gun I ever bought was an O/U shotgun, model Condor, marketed by the German company Kettner (sort of a Cabelas). Reportedly these guns were made in Spain, and sold by Kettner under their name. Low end of the market.

At least that is the best guess at the origin of this. At least the barrels have a faded stamp on the bottom, the letters "Kett" in an oval (without the quotation marks).

This all would not be very relevant if I had not broken the firing pin this weekend (lower barrel, this gun has double triggers).

I checked the Kettner website, it appears they no longer sell firearms. I'll send them an email anyway, but thought I'd post the question here on the off chance that anybody: a. knows this gun and b. would have any idea where to source parts.

Worst case I still have a single-shot.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:13 PM

That's the great thing about double triggers and two barrels - unless BOTH are gonzo, you always have a single barrel to keep going with!
Post some pics of the proof marks and the guys here should be abe to tell exactly where in spain the gun was made, and who may be able so supply a pin for you.
at the very least, maybe give Irv a call at Westrn Gunparts in Edmonton and he might be able to tell as well.
Cat
Old 09-10-2012, 05:39 PM

OK, here goes. Having trouble with my website and photos, so this one should come through Photobucket.

There is also a stamp of the letters I.G. just to the left of what is shown here.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:34 PM

OK, it is Spanish made. I saw the same markings on a gun at Gunnutz in the for sale section, and the owner claims it is Spanish, and a friend of mine confirmed. My cousin was telling me that there were still a few for sale in the used-gun section of a German magazine.

Now to get a firing pin... I think I will send Kettner in Germany an email, to see if they have any contact info still for the company that made it. And call the fellow suggested above. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:36 PM

Spanish all right, checked the proofs last night.
PM imcoming ,Frans!
Cat
Old 09-11-2012, 04:09 PM

Firing pins for double barreled shotguns are generally simple lathe turned pieces. If all else fails talk to Ron Smith in Wimborne about making you one.

Grizz
Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 PM

So here are the little buggers, one is kinda coming up short! :-P
I've seen a few similar pics on the web, they always seem to break at the same spot.
Do they look familar to anybody?

I will go call some people tomorrow, to see what I can scrounge up. Cat, seen the PM, thanks, appreciated!!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 PM

Pretty normal stuff, and typical of the break, yes.
And you are quite welcome Frans, let me know if you need help.....

Cat
Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Firing pins for double barreled shotguns are generally simple lathe turned pieces. If all else fails talk to Ron Smith in Wimborne about making you one.

Grizz
I agree.
I have an old Tobin side by side that had its pins replaced with a couple of needle bearings from a U-Joint or something back in the 1940's or 50's and they're still holding up.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:01 AM

Frans,

Go have a chat with Marcus at the Calgary shooting center.
He will likely whip one up on his lathe in short order!!
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-