Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-08-2017, 05:56 AM

Default Remington part numbers

Why dont gun companys put part numbers on their diagrams along with the part description. I want to order a rem 700 cocking piece and savage 10 short action striker spring from wpg which sounds simple but they want part numbers for the simplest things. Last time i phoned remington somewhere in the southern states judging from the helpful mans accent to find out part numbers for the front and back bdl action screws. Where can i find part numbers for remington and savage online?
Old 05-08-2017, 06:04 AM

Numrich Gun Parts.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:07 AM
Banned

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Although I'm not sure if the parts # listed on the web site are the manufacturer's part # or their own stock #.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:54 AM
Shooting Xs

http://www.brownells.com/schematics/index.htm
Old 05-08-2017, 07:39 AM

Numrich schematic with parts list you have to buy it haha a dollar fifty no word if rem factory parts numbers are on there. Brownells you can look up rem cocking piece to buy but no rem part number. On their schematic page they have rem part numbers for every part but the cocking piece is not on there except as included in the firing pin assembly
Old 05-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
Why dont gun companys put part numbers on their diagrams along with the part description. I want to order a rem 700 cocking piece and savage 10 short action striker spring from wpg which sounds simple but they want part numbers for the simplest things. Last time i phoned remington somewhere in the southern states judging from the helpful mans accent to find out part numbers for the front and back bdl action screws. Where can i find part numbers for remington and savage online?
Do you think that particular part could be considered restricted and remington is controlling its inventory?
Old 05-08-2017, 03:49 PM

Try this:

http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm
Old 05-08-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
Do you think that particular part could be considered restricted and remington is controlling its inventory?
It looks like it i used jacksons link to find dupont era rem 700 part numbers which are different from modern nnumbers at brownells but the "firing pin head" or cocking piece is included along with the firing pin and spring and other parts although you can still get a mainspring or firing pin or "bolt plug" as a separate item im nkt sure whats so special about a cocking piece you can get them from brownells but from graytan whoever that is but not remington.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:25 PM

I found the little pin that holds it on with rem part number at brownells
Old 05-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Banned

When i had correct parts numbers i have had success,i also have had more success when i started my search with emails when looking at wgp.