Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-19-2015, 12:25 PM
Banned

Default Heads up for a hot deal

Cabelas has the 5-pin CBE Hybrid dovetail mount sight on for $250, it's $330 regular price. I picked one up from Edmonton North and they have one left, not sure about the south location.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:27 PM

Might have to swing by thanks for the heads up
Old 02-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Banned

Ya, I'd get there quick because I think they're clearing them out and once they're gone they're gone. I was thinking about buying the Axcel Accutouch, but I couldn't pass up that deal.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Ya, I'd get there quick because I think they're clearing them out and once they're gone they're gone. I was thinking about buying the Axcel Accutouch, but I couldn't pass up that deal.
Looking at the CBE myself. Have you mounted it up yet? any issues with mounting a quiver? I have a Tight Spot. I have had issues in the past with dovetail mounts, not at tight as fixed mounts. Any issues with the CBE?
Old 02-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayquiver View Post
Looking at the CBE myself. Have you mounted it up yet? any issues with mounting a quiver? I have a Tight Spot. I have had issues in the past with dovetail mounts, not at tight as fixed mounts. Any issues with the CBE?
Ya, I temporarily mounted it on my bow, I have a tight spot too and it won't be an issue. Instead of a knob like the axcel or the hogg, it has an Allen screw holding it in place. The dove tail receiver also has mounting holes for the tight spot receiver.

The pins aren't as bright as my hoggs, axcel, or hha but it comes with a light so I guess it won't be an issue in low light, so long as your not out with a dead battery and no spare.

I just mounted it last night and I've only got about 15yds in my basement archery lane so I haven't played with much of the adjustments.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Banned

It weighs 9.33oz's without the mounting bracket, about 10.1oz with it. The adjustments seem tight and fluid, but the single pin adjustments are a primitive system imo, maybe to keep weight down? I like the axcel, and even the spot hogg pin adjustment better. If the Tommy Hogg was lighter I wouldn't even consider the CBE. The new hybrid spot Hogg has out, the fast Eddie might be worth a look, probably cheaper than the CBE too. Overall the CBE is an ok sight, the single pin adjustments are a downer, but the pins themselves remind me of the axcel pins.

Pro's
-Light weight
-Wheel adjustments for elevation and windage are tight and fluid with locks
-comes with a light

Con's
-in low light you'll need a light
-single pin adjustments suck for lack of a better term

I'd give it a 7/10
Old 02-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Banned

One more thing I don't really like about the CBE is the locking lever for the elevation adjustment is on the wrong side of the sight. It's ok for target shooting, but in a hunting application it would be much better if it was on the same side as the dial.