Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-12-2012, 07:07 AM

Default Mossberg NTII .308 Muzzle Brake!

Hi guys....

I have some questions, and ultimately im looking for a muzzle brake. I have the Night Tarin II (a trade for a 10/22), well, at first i figured i'd get rid of it, but after taking it out a few times, it turns out to be a real good shooter! (who'd think"?

with factory 150 gn. Winchester ammo, i can shoot 3/4-1" groups at 100 yards....

As i do alot of Coyote hunting on the weekends, and primarily use my Vanguard .223, i find there are times when i need something that will go further than 500 yards, thats my max range with the .223... So i got rid of the Barska 6-24x60IR scope off the MTII and got a LeatherWood ARTII M-1000 scope. I will be setting it up to shoot 150 gn Sierra HPBT Palma, and be doing alot of 500-800 yard shooting with it (actually up to 1000, but i dont plan on shooting too many 'yotes with it at that range!).

Along with my conversion to a 'yote gun, I'm getting a Boyd's thumbhole stock, and ditching the colossal muzzle brake. the end of the NTII's BBL is threaded 3/4-16, so i'm needing a muzzle brake that fits that.... Ive seen some from Brownell's in the U.S, but they are over 100.00, i really dont want to spend that much.... If I cannot find one threaded 3/4-16, it's not out of the question to re-thread the BBL to fit one.

Does anyone here have something that would do the job for me? I'd appreciate anything, as im trying to keep this all on a budget..... economy in my field of work sucks due to the high corn prices! help a poor country boy! ;-)

thanks for now guys,

Ginnz.