Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-18-2008, 10:10 PM

Default Brass....why ???

Why is it that NOBODY can get any brass ???

I need brass for my .375 RUGER, .17 Fireball, friend of mine cannot even get anything for his 300 RUM............ I realize that the 375 & 17 are fairly new, but they have been out over a year now !!! Damn Govt Bull$%#*...Export/Import propoganda and 9/11.

Last edited by LuckySeven; 03-18-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-19-2008, 06:17 AM

Reloading componets have always had a cyclical suppy nature, post 911 politics has'nt helped. Also realize that most sporting goods are ordered on a booking program. Which means orders are placed in late winter and shipments are expected mid to late spring, if all goes well. Then there is a nasty fact that a lot of material is going into military production Stateside, then there is the final nasty fact. Canada(the whole country) consumes about as much reloading stuff as the State of Rhode Island. The fact remains we up here are the smallest part of a very long supply line, and we get the dribs and drabs that are left once the real consumers(US) are satisifed. Facts are not helpful I know, but understanding them helps stomach a rather un tasty pill.
Buy lots of components when they are available, and ride out the low part of the supply issue.

There are no absolutes
Old 03-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Gone Hunting

I had trouble getting .284 Win. brass till I went to Bashaw sports. Give them a call.

Robin in Rocky