Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-11-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post

It shouldn't seem like a surprise that you don't believe me. You seem to struggle with basic reading skills. I corrected you already with the expert part, I asked you first about your "data" and now what is it that you disagree with?

I know there is one less MD in 200 as I saw one get hit on the highway coming back from hockey. We also saw 30 at the cabin...so here I will throw you a bone. 31+ on Sunday...30+ on Monday.

I am starting to think you have CWD.

Well Shedcrazy. I found out who you are, what you do and where you work but unlike you I will not disclose your name.

Since I have discovered who you are, I know understand your inability to answer my question and it just goes to show how inept our government is as it pertains to intelligent game management of our wild deer that aren’t fenced in.

I asked you how many remaining deer there are in 200, and after proclaiming you know everything, all you can say is that you saw 30+ deer while on a drive, most likely the same 30+ that you see on that drive every time. Quite the indepth survey by the way.

Because of your inability to give us an actual number, I think you are clueless as to how many deer are remaining in the 200 zone. Instead of answering my question, you say “I am starting to think you have CWD”. Well I won’t be calling you any names; nor will I belittle you or make a stupid comment like the one you made, I’ll just assume that you don’t know what you’re talking about, just like your employers don’t either, as it pertains to the 200 zone.[/QUOTE]

I think the answer is in the info available to the public. The last areial count I could find online for DMU 4 (parkland) was 2004.
I garuntee they are doing the counts they just are not letting joe public have acsess to the info. This is less about managing the resource as it is managing the people.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=I think the answer is in the info available to the public. The last areial count I could find online for DMU 4 (parkland) was 2004.

I garuntee they are doing the counts they just are not letting joe public have acsess to the info. This is less about managing the resource as it is managing the people.[/QUOTE]

TOUCHÉ, as if we are not already order regulated to death and beyond by Big Brother.

I guess the government is not satisfied with managing us to death, now they have to manage our deer to death as well.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I think the answer is in the info available to the public. The last areial count I could find online for DMU 4 (parkland) was 2004.
I garuntee they are doing the counts they just are not letting joe public have acsess to the info. This is less about managing the resource as it is managing the people.
Have you asked for the info and has it been denied? I know in the past 10yrs just about all the local Wainwright WMUs have been surveyed and some several times.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:47 AM

After 10 pages we need a musical interlude....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VhtIydTmOVU

Enjoy....

LC
Old 02-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Banned

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3nEAmt5AZ8
Old 02-11-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Not sure if I got this right. Not very good with the way acts are written.

So basically the owner of these farmed elk could slowly lay claim to wild elk through enter breeding. Then if say a hunter shot one he has to notify the owner who then can lay claim to the elk?
Well, yes and no.

There are ownership restrictions based on whether the offspring is still dependent on the cow. The farmer would have to capture the offspring while it is still dependent on the cow.

Marked and unmarked farmed elk killed by hunters still belong to the farmer. Let the games begin....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 02-11-2015, 01:17 PM

Lol.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Well, yes and no.

There are ownership restrictions based on whether the offspring is still dependent on the cow. The farmer would have to capture the offspring while it is still dependent on the cow.

Marked and unmarked farmed elk killed by hunters still belong to the farmer. Let the games begin....
This is a joke. Shoot them both as they ar ferral end of story.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium79 View Post
This is a joke. Shoot them both as they ar ferral end of story.
no doubt!
Old 02-17-2015, 02:25 PM
Banned

Well gents after much thought I realized what the answer to my questions was.

I will be hunting Mule Deer west this year. As the old saying goes, "Go West Young Man".

Apparently they are CWD Free on that part of the Province, so why not?

There goes the neighborhood!

Last edited by edmhunter; 02-17-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Enacted last November.
https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/laws/re...-188-2014.html

See section 27 (10) for your concern.

Ain't this cute. If a farmed cow elk gets loose and has a calf with a wild bull, the calf belongs to the farmer..... sec 7 (3).

So all know, this stray regulation was all done in closed door meetings with the game farmers. There was no opportunity for consultation with any other interest group.

This is unbelievable that the game farmers can negotiate directly with the gov and no one knows until it's a done deal. Now a wild calf automatically becomes the farmers property. Scary stuff.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
Well gents after much thought I realized what the answer to my questions was.

I will be hunting Mule Deer west this year. As the old saying goes, "Go West Young Man".

Apparently they are CWD Free on that part of the Province, so why not?

There goes the neighborhood!
I think you nailed it. Lot more deer and healthy as well.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-17-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I think you nailed it. Lot more deer and healthy as well.
Think again.

The deer out west have been decimated due to the ungulate cull/"starve the wolf " management strategy.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 02-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Think again.

The deer out west have been decimated due to the ungulate cull/"starve the wolf " management strategy.

HOw can that be??? I thought F/W were managing the situation.

They've done an excellent job around here with CWD management. We have very few deer and still have CWD.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand