Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-24-2023, 08:42 AM

Default Heated hoodies or vests

The time for all days sits is comin up and I was wondering what you guys have for heated hoodies or vests??? I have an old Milwaukee hoodie Probly 12 or so yrs old, it still works but I don’t think it has many heat elements in it as I really have to push my back against the tree to feel any kind of heat lol..I think it’s one of the original models that first came out. Been washed tons of times an seems to still work but I’m sure there is better nowadays so fire away with what ya have!!
Old 10-24-2023, 08:43 AM

I just bought a heater body suit. Haven’t tried it yet. Seems well made.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:10 AM

I just wear layers and when it’s really cold I will stick disposable foot warmers on my under shirt chest and lower back

I have been tempted by heater body suits and the heated vests but I am cheap lol
Old 10-24-2023, 09:14 AM

I have a Milwaukee m12 zippered hoodie and love it. If you can stand having a 5 amp battery in your pocket it’ll last a long time.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:21 AM

E-wool. They make a very nice vest. Spendy, but a great item. I’d love to try out their electric socks as well but man. It’s again, a gross cost.

I’ve used the Robax heat pads for your lower back. They aren’t cheap either but are outstanding. Really heat up your core and stay active for a lot longer than most will maintain a perch.
Old 10-24-2023, 03:57 PM

My partner has heated everything...seats, handlebars, helmet, foot warmers, vest, gloves, socks, boots....fml

Her best gear according to her? Her FXR gear and her Cabelas -100 degree boots with foot warmers. Chick has 9% body fat so she shivers in July

But she will stand outside and watch me work if she is wearing FXR gear.

Go figure
Old 10-24-2023, 11:07 PM

I've got a vest from Ororo off Amazon 2 years ago and have been fairly pleased. The battery is oddly shaped but not near as bad as the dewalt or milwaukee stuff. I wear it under my motorcycle jacket when I ride in cold weather as well.

I will say though, when sitting for prolonged periods of time, it doesn't really keep you "warm" per say, rather just helps keep the chill off or buys you some more time until you get chilled.
Old 10-25-2023, 06:59 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Well last year I invested in a striker ice climate bib and jacket, was great on the ice in minus 20 so this November I will be snug as a bug in my stand for those long sits.....toss in great gloves and Baffin Eiger boots....amazing how your core temps when really warm spill over to your extremities...making everything comfortable.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-25-2023, 11:39 AM

What do you wear under your hoodie?

I used a M12 vest for the last 2 years and love it. No, it doesn’t have a lot of elements but I wear it over a t shirt, under a mid weight camo “winter” jacket. I can have it off and comfortable walking and moving then when I decide to sit and call I can turn it on and it’s kinda like adding a layer or two. Also, I use a 3AH battery and it’s plenty for a day and can charge it with the outlet in my truck in about 15-20 minutes.

I would buy it again