Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 05:29 PM

Default Canada post! What have YOU become!

So I sell a 100 oz. bar of Silver to a guy! I insure it for full $$$$. And I ask the post person "so is there a signature needed". She said No, it will be put into a community mailbox to be picked up! ( because of Covid). Well I always track my parcels that I send, and this one I watched closely, one day when checking it said it was out for delivery, so I e-mail the guy and said the same! He said thanks! and would wait for it, and let me know when he got it. Then I checked later and said it was delivered. So I E-mailed him to see if he was happy with the bar? He said I have not received it yet! I said it's in your community mail box! He has no idea? He said wait, looked on the step and there was the package! ON THE STEP!!!!! He said got it! Long story short! I went after Can-Post. and after 3 phone calls with lots of grief, A guy with broken english telling me they put in the community mail box, and me telling him they left it on the step 3 time he would not listen! I hung up! Phoned in again and I got full refund for sending and insurance! They have gone to SH_T! Not sure if I will trust them again! Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by badbrass; 11-26-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:13 PM

........but their prices have really increased, that should count for something!!

Yes, the prices have gone north and the service has gone south!
Old 11-26-2020, 06:27 PM

I had a similar experience, but with a firearm. I had purchased a rifle from a forum member, and due to Covid the parcel was set to arrive a few days later than expected (even after paying for express shipping...). I am set to be out of town for a week when the parcel is arriving, so I call the Post Office and ask them to hold the parcel until I am back (expecting that a signature and ID is required, I felt that this was redundant anyway). Wife calls me when I am away and says she has come home to the rifle sitting on the front step... Just had to laugh and shake my head. Not that they knew what was in the parcel, but just surprised that they cannot follow simple instructions.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:31 PM

Was returning a pair of sitka pants that I had ordered online and Canada Post delivered them to the wrong address. Whoever lived there just kept them. No recourse. We have the postal system of a third world country
Old 11-26-2020, 07:15 PM

Sounds about right for government workers. Incompetent, lazy, stupid or a combination of all three.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:18 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
Sounds about right for government workers. Incompetent, lazy, stupid or a combination of all three.
Don't ever look at a work site

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-26-2020, 07:18 PM

Default Mail service ??

65 years ago with no computers, only snail, mail Mom would mail out a order for school clothes to Eatons in Winnipeg and it would be here in a week. We would now expect faster service but not so.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:22 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
65 years ago with no computers, only snail, mail Mom would mail out a order for school clothes to Eatons in Winnipeg and it would be here in a week. We would now expect faster service but not so.
I got no complaints....order things and they arrive as per advertised...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-26-2020, 07:26 PM

I had them leave a Colt Government Model 1911 sticking out of the mailbox on my doorstep They didn't knock or ring the doorbell, and it was supposed to go to the post office. Luckily I was home and heard someone at the door. The scabby package thieves would have been happy with that one, the CFO not so much.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:35 PM

Well sometime between this past Sunday night and Monday morning our post office in Calmar got broken into. The wife dropped the kids off at school then went to get the mail Monday morning and an RCMP met her at the door and said they are closed for the day. Tuesday morning after dropping the kids off at school I went to get the mail and had 2 parcel notifications in the mail box. So went to the clerk to get parcels. 1 parcel was there the other had been stolen and by the sounds of it and by the looks of the list many many more had been stolen when the break in happened. So I said to the clerk now what do we do about the stolen parcel. She said to call where you ordered from and they will re-send or refund. Wife called Amazon and did get a refund. But according to the local rant and rave a lot of other people that had parcels stolen did not get refunds or not being re-sent. Should it not be Canada Post’s problem not the shippers problem?? After all they are the ones that got broken into and robbed. Should Canada Post not have insurance for his.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Don't ever look at a work site
City employees? Yep. 6 guys watching 1 guy fill in a 1ft wide pothole is good for a solid 10 hours of taxpayer money.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:19 PM

Why do threads become insulting and divisive so readily? I hope it’s just a pandemic side-effect.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:25 PM

So they delivered the item to the destination, the recipient received the item whole and undamaged, you received the shipping fee and cost of insurance back and you still complain? Ever tried to deal with the UPS? It would take months, literally, to get a refund unless you give up before then.

Also, they all leave the boxes outside the door, unless there are taxes and fees to be collected. Our Canada Post guy knocks on door and tries to hand the box in the hands before leaving it by the side door. All others just drop it off, sometimes leaning on the door that opens outside. The new FedEx (I think) guy knocks on the door as well.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrass View Post
So I sell a 100 oz. bar of Silver to a guy! I insure it for full $$$$. And I ask the post person "so is there a signature needed". She said No, it will be put into a community mailbox to be picked up! ( because of Covid). Well I always track my parcels that I send, and this one I watched closely, one day when checking it said it was out for delivery, so I e-mail the guy and said the same! He said thanks! and would wait for it, and let me know when he got it. Then I checked later and said it was delivered. So I E-mailed him to see if he was happy with the bar? He said I have not received it yet! I said it's in your community mail box! He has no idea? He said wait, looked on the step and there was the package! ON THE STEP!!!!! He said got it! Long story short! I went after Can-Post. and after 3 phone calls with lots of grief, A guy with broken english telling me they put in the community mail box, and me telling him they left it on the step 3 time he would not listen! I hung up! Phoned in again and I got full refund for sending and insurance! They have gone to SH_T! Not sure if I will trust them again! Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not an expert on shipping items, BUT I think the last company I used for shipping VALUABLES would be CP. Hell, I'd try a FEDEX, DHL and (shudder) UPS. Help me out if I'm wrong with this thinking
Old 11-26-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind drift View Post
Why do threads become insulting and divisive so readily? I hope it’s just a pandemic side-effect.
Tough crowd for sure. I notice it everywhere...getting to the point where its hard to have conversations with people over practically anything.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
Tough crowd for sure. I notice it everywhere...getting to the point where its hard to have conversations with people over practically anything.
X2. Yup. There are lots of rude posts. Too many people that just argue for no reason. Had a read on the covid thread and a couple of guys at the end there arguing about covid. Lol. It’s unbelievable.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:46 PM

One more faction of government business that should be privatized. The fat will be cut and efficiencies will follow.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:51 PM

Default Canada post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
X2. Yup. There are lots of rude posts. Too many people that just argue for no reason. Had a read on the covid thread and a couple of guys at the end there arguing about covid. Lol. It’s unbelievable.
Out of the few forums I’ve been on, this one is the worst for people ridiculing each other, and wanting to argue or criticize instead of helping.

Last edited by trigger7mm; 11-26-2020 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Misspell
Old 11-26-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
One more faction of government business that should be privatized. The fat will be cut and efficiencies will follow.
I agree but it might be awhile for that one. Our feds cant organize anything. This vaccine for Canadians has really got me mad. They had ten months to plan and nobody spoke up. Yes the Mail sucks but Amazon is worse right now.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:43 PM

I had a package sitting in Calgary since last Friday. Tracked it this morning and saw that it was in Winnipeg. Might want to grab a Rand McNally

I've had good and bad experiences with them all. I haven't found that CanadaPost is any better or worse.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind drift View Post
Partly, but sadly Angry Outdoors really got divisive with all the political crap long before covid arrived.

With that said, I have had great postal service and found Fed Ex and UPS have been far worse for me. Purolator has been pretty good too.(not affiliated with any of them).

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 11-26-2020 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:29 PM

You would almost think that they want stuff to be stolen with the way they leave packages out in plain sight on the door step and knowone home. What happened to these shipping companies taking your package to a drop off location for you to pickup at a later date if you are not home for original delivery? And we all pay for the theft in the end with there increased prices
Old 11-27-2020, 03:54 AM

Default Shutting it down

Some of you really do make me shake my head!