Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2018, 09:58 PM

Enforce the laws that are already in place...instead of making up new ones...
Old 10-18-2018, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Critter View Post
Enforce the laws that are already in place...instead of making up new ones...
Double speak>bait and switch>giving with one hand while taking with the other>Order out of chaos.

They are trying to provoke us into begging for stricter laws that they can then use to further control everyone,it's easier for them to make us ask for our chains than it is for them to force us in to them.

This is all a provocation, AN ATTACK ON OUR VERY WAY OF LIFE.

You can't have communism without hardcore fascism, how do you make sure that everyone is the same without first getting rid of everyone who is different?

We have all the laws and then some for a civilized society.

Last edited by ReconWilly; 10-18-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
Have you any idea how many municipalities there are on the prairies. Could take a lot of checking laws. If you are traveling to a range it may take a lot of travel to get by the gun free ones. It’s bad enough now without having to worry about dozens of laws in each RM.
And as I said a blanket transportation regulation on provincial highways would take care of it. Id far rather look up another municipalities gun regulations, then be told I can't have guns period because of the idiots down east.

As an example of what Im talking about. Say you live in Edmonton but hunt in Edson. Edmonton requires you to have an ATC in place to transport any guns, so you get that to leave your home and get to highway 16. Once on highway 16 your under the provincial authority, and can transport the firearm anywhere in the province on provincial highways without any permits. You then get to Edson where you know all the local municipality regulations. In Edson because they have more of a rural community they allow open carry and no ATC for any gun. Which means you can now go bow hunting while carrying your handgun for protection. I really don't see it as a bad thing. Different municipalities require different gun regulations.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 10-19-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned

Question

What if we invited the NRA to become involved in the survey?

Certainly would send a message to those driving this initiative that leaving the survey open to the world can cut both ways...

Going to try & contact them to see what they might say...

Letcha know as it goes...

Nog
Old 10-19-2018, 10:13 PM

You can do that survey as many times as you want, from any country you want.
Just the Libs way of letting anyone play in this charade.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:02 AM

Default Bogus survey

Blair's "Online engagement survey" is bogus. How could anyone take a survey seriously if the responders don't have to identify themselves and can complete it as many times as they want? The liberals will boast how they "consulted with
millions of Canadians, and this is what they told us to do". Their minds are already made up. Has any liberal government ever listened to what the people of Canada actually want? Pfft...
You can have some fun with it, though...
Old 10-20-2018, 02:48 PM

In order to allow for more detailed analyses of Canadians' responses, we are interested in your background. Answering the following questions is optional.
Do you identify as?
Man
Woman
Other gender identity [Please indicate below]
Prefer not to say

How is this even a question? What fun times we live in
Edit, I get the question, but the choices?
Old 10-20-2018, 05:47 PM

2 cents inserted!
Old 10-20-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
What if we invited the NRA to become involved in the survey?

Certainly would send a message to those driving this initiative that leaving the survey open to the world can cut both ways...

Going to try & contact them to see what they might say...

Letcha know as it goes...

Nog
Got a connection? I am sure some Americans would love to help us in this situation
Old 10-20-2018, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
I am stunned they are actually asking citizens whether they should focus on legal or illicit forearms ! Do they really need us to tell them ?
Stunned!!!! The same question i asked them in comment section of the survey.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:15 PM

I just filled out this rather brain dead crafted survey. I spent a bit of time in the comment sections spouting off at them to leave the common man the hell alone & focus the energy
on those that cannot behave themselves in our revolving door courts..like come on, only when the criminals fear the law will this society function as it should...i'm talking "Hard labour" and not these free 'get out of jail/ Go-Fund me' account slaps on the wrist.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:26 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Blair’s office dodged questions.

Now I did reach out to Minister Bill Blair’s office for comment on these problems with their survey on October 16. I heard nothing back that day before filing despite two calls and two emails.

Then at 4:30 on Friday afternoon, days after my column was published, I got a response.

Not from the minister’s spokesperson, who has never acknowledged my questions, but from a bureaucrat in the department. Despite these being from the bureaucratic side the lines were clearly political.

They had been put through the process.

Tim, the nice man I had spoken with at the department while trying to track down Blair’s overpaid political flack, told me this online engagement tool was just one method of consulting Canadians.

As for why you can fill it out as often as you want from anywhere in the world, he offered this answer.

It is designed to be an open, anonymous and barrier-free tool that will provide meaningful feedback to the Government of Canada, including from Canadians living and working abroad.

Or Russian or Chinese bots.

Or American gun control advocates working with their Canadian colleagues.

There are so many problems with this survey.

The email went on to ensure me that the technology involved was robust.

It is important to note that there are measures built into the online tool and our server infrastructure that help deter cyber-attacks and ensure that responses have been submitted by a human, instead of computer scripts, commonly used by hackers.

Well colour me skeptical but I didn’t see any of the tools I’m used to seeing to stop bots.

http://brianlilley.com/the-handgun-b...s-are-a-farce/