Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-18-2018, 02:11 PM

Default tipi tent review

Just wondering if anyone has used this tipi tent with stove? Seems like a reasonable price.
Thanks
Old 10-18-2018, 04:33 PM

You mean these ones?

TentTipi

...or these ones?

Tipi Tent

A relative of mine brought one of the former ones on a hunting trip this year. Fairly compact, a nice stove is available for it, just need to make sure the edges are tight to the ground so the draft of cold air from the edges doesn't sweep over the occupants as it follows the warmer air on its way out the top.

Me, I'd like to try a Seek Outside tent/stove combo.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:59 PM

I have a titanium goat vertex 6.5 and love it, wieghs in at 6 lbs with the aluminum pole, plenty of room for 3 guys with the stove but your gear has to stay outside which is no big deal. Not having a floor takes a little getting used to to but tou can always lay doen a tarp aswell. Sure is nice to have a warm place to go to at the end of the day on a cold mountain makes it quite comfortable up there and those little stoves sure put out some heat.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
You mean these ones?

TentTipi

...or these ones?

Tipi Tent

A relative of mine brought one of the former ones on a hunting trip this year. Fairly compact, a nice stove is available for it, just need to make sure the edges are tight to the ground so the draft of cold air from the edges doesn't sweep over the occupants as it follows the warmer air on its way out the top.

Me, I'd like to try a Seek Outside tent/stove combo.
Yes That is the one I was wondering about. Did he find it was good value? Good quality?
Thamks
Old 10-21-2018, 07:31 AM

Default thanks

Yea that goat looks like a quality product
Thanks for thee reply!
Old 10-21-2018, 08:42 AM

I have one with a stove we built and it works like a dream. Early summer without the floor can get a few bugs in, but if you had a tarp on the floor it would solve that problem.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:25 PM

Had one for a season , found it difficult to keep warm, as the heat went straight up and vented out the top,Others may have had better experiences but that was ours (Yes we head the top vents covered).
We sold it and bought a 10 x 12 wall tent with internal frame , easier to set up and easier to heat.The wall tent was a more efficient use of space with the vertical walls as well.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:22 PM

i have a seek outside cimeron i think it may be a different model. i love it if you are back packing and don't have horses or quads for a wall tent. its pretty roomy i can fit the wife/hunting partner, all our gear plus wood pile and a couple large dogs and have some room after that. the stove is awesome for drying clothes and keeping you warm but the stoves don't hold enough wood to go more than an hour without being restocked which isn't a deal breaker its just a pain waking up to stoke the fire all the time. with tipi, stove, liner, and carbon fiber pole it comes in around 7.5lbs downside is the stove takes up a lot of room in your bag i've been sliding it between my bag and frame on my kuiu like when im hauling meat its been working pretty good so far
Old 10-30-2018, 09:20 PM

You guys should check out lite outdoor products.. They just got their tipi tents in and they look great!
http://www.liteoutdoors.com/product/plateau-5/

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2018, 08:46 AM

We have a Tipitent with a woodstove. We had 3 cots, lots of gear and pile of wood in it with room to move in there. The problem I think is keeping the woodstove going all night. We had 2 days of pouring rain and everything stayed dry inside.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
You guys should check out lite outdoor products.. They just got their tipi tents in and they look great!
http://www.liteoutdoors.com/product/plateau-5/

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Interesting. Do you know where the tents are made? I looked around on their site, but didn't see anything mentioned.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
Interesting. Do you know where the tents are made? I looked around on their site, but didn't see anything mentioned.
Tents are made in Asia. LiteOutdoors in run out of Lethbridge and thats where the stoves are put together.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbren View Post
Tents are made in Asia. LiteOutdoors in run out of Lethbridge and thats where the stoves are put together.
Good to know. Thanks.

Yessir, I was aware LO is local. The stoves look good and have been on my radar for quite awhile. Just gotta wear out my old rollup stove first.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:43 PM

He likes the TentTipi, but like others have said, keeping it warm is a challenge - ensuring the sides are reasonably tight to the ground is important, otherwise the occupants get cold air drafting past them as it flows up and out of the tent.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
Constructed from 20D ripstop nylon with a silicone/polyurethane hybrid coating, resulting in a lightweight fabric that is strong and incredibly waterproof.