Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-18-2018, 04:43 PM

Default Camrose Area Fishing

At the end of June here I'm heading to the Camrose area and am wondering if anybody knows some places to fish for trout and other species.

One of my buddies has told me about Pleasure Island Fish Pond and Driedmeat Lake but is there anywhere else within a 30 minute drive around there?

I looked online and seen a "Camrose County Nature Conservation Centre". It says they stock it with trout but I don't see this pond under the regulations in the Alberta Sport fishing Regulations. Has anyone fished at this place?

Seeming as the Battle River connects with Driedmeat Lake is there any nice places to fish the Battle River around there as well?
Old 06-18-2018, 07:42 PM

End of June the dried meat/battle system is pretty weedy and warm. Coal lake is between camrose and wetaskiwin and has pike too it gets weedy if you shore fish there's a trout pond by hay lakes that's not too bad. Blacknugget up by to field has trout...not stellar fishing g by any means but I grew up fishing this area and it was good enough for a kid that didn't know any better. Didn't mention if you had a boat or not. A boat is a big help for dried meat coal and buffalo once the weeds set in.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:13 PM

Its nice to see a seasoned fisherman from this area. I heard about Black Nugget when searching. Do you know approximately what the depth is on Black Nugget and the Hay Lakes pond?
Old 06-18-2018, 10:38 PM

Oh they'd be 20 in the middle for sure black nugget is an old strip mine the hay lakes one is a borrow pit.