Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-07-2009, 07:57 PM

Default bow comparison

looking at buying a new bow this year, any one out there shoot the apa king cobra vs bowtech 82 airborne? pros and cons?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:27 PM

Bowtech scares me. I keep hearing things about limb issues. I'd seriously look into the APA.... Plus you'd be supporting Canadians that way.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:08 AM

Wow!, "Jeromeo", you're dead set against Bowtech? Based on what you've heard? Give it up.

I believe Bowtech, along with their Diamond line out sells all other bow manufacturers in the US! And a "Fortune 500" company in less than 10 years in business? I think a lot of people believe they are doing something right! Try one of their center pivot bows, like the IceMan, Admiral, or Captain and you just might become a believer too!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:01 AM

i shoot the iceman and iv had no problems. plus its thw quitest bow iv ever shot
Old 07-08-2009, 11:53 AM

bowtech had limb problems on one issue of the general 2 years ago. if you have a suspect bow, the limbs were replaced free of charge at any dealer.
according to the website, no one experienced any issues in the consumer side, it was discovered during testing at the factory, and they voluntarily done a 'recall'.
my son's general had about 1500 arrows through before we decided to change the limbs, just because we happened to be going by jimbo's when the bow was in the truck.
i've had 4 different models of bowtech, all have been awesome. now shooing and allegience, don't think i'll go any where from there, lee.

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:22 PM

I love my 82.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 PM

RJH,

Wondering what you're shooting now? You're obviously looking for a speed bow. As always, shoot both and other comparable bows if possible and "feel" for yourself. I would also suggest chronographing each bow as well; exact same arrow, and same measured draw weight/ draw length. Some makers are more realistic with their numbers than others. See for yourself..., I have.

Then give some thought to your real life hunting set up. What's an acceptable realistic speed for you... Then I'd pick the one that's quietest to the ear and in the hand!!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dshooter View Post
Wow!, "Jeromeo", you're dead set against Bowtech? Based on what you've heard? Give it up.

I believe Bowtech, along with their Diamond line out sells all other bow manufacturers in the US! And a "Fortune 500" company in less than 10 years in business? I think a lot of people believe they are doing something right! Try one of their center pivot bows, like the IceMan, Admiral, or Captain and you just might become a believer too!
Whoa whoa whoa. I'm not really bashing the brand. I think Bowtech/Diamond make some fine bows. I am just a tad hesitant on considering bowtech vs a hoyt or mathews etc... That is based on what I've heard yes. I think that bowtech does put out a darn good bow with great speed, low noise, and awesome looks. No need to get defensive. I haven't heard of them having many problems with this years bows. I sure would like to try one and perhaps become a believer.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeo View Post
Whoa whoa whoa. I'm not really bashing the brand. I think Bowtech/Diamond make some fine bows. I am just a tad hesitant on considering bowtech vs a hoyt or mathews etc... That is based on what I've heard yes. I think that bowtech does put out a darn good bow with great speed, low noise, and awesome looks. No need to get defensive. I haven't heard of them having many problems with this years bows. I sure would like to try one and perhaps become a believer.
This was the 2nd time in a week that I read, on different threads, similar quotes by you, that's all. Don't mean to offend you or anyone. Now, let's see what this stirs up...I've "heard" similar concerns with Hoyt risers, Mathews' limbs and strings, Bowtech limbs, PSE strings and risers, Bear's cams... the fact is, they ALL build GREAT BOWS!! And I haven't experienced a problem with any of them first hand. There's a lot of talk out there, and a lot of brand loyalty from shooter to shooter. When I hear a Hoyt shooter calling down Mathews, I know, that deep down, and when no body's looking, he'd really like to try that new Mathews!!

Pick up a bow, shoot it, be happy, or pick up another... some one's making a new one every day.