Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clakjp View Post
I agree post your real name and pic.
that wasnt really aimed at you justin. those who fall into that category know who they are. and to those who dont already know...dale allen....and i have lots of pics on here.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:42 PM

Ladies please...

As far as outing people,..I have never seen posters on any forum seem to find such pleasure in the tow letters T and J

In short, what freakin difference does it make who TJ is ...or you,... or me for that matter.

The guy hunts, writes and is oppinionated... what's the issue?

.... I could care less who am I am arguing or agreeing with be it TJ, My old man or Jim Shockey,..

Leave the personal crap out of it...

You can disagree with man on an issue and still have a beer ... once you get too personal with the BS,..well, it's just bad feelings and more BS and that's bad Karma! lol

Now , as I said... you're welcome guys..
Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decker View Post
Energy kills I agree, I was looking at getting a nice 45/70 saddle gun for riding in the back country. I wanted to see how much energy it had for stopping power sorta speaking and found that a 190 grain .308 Win has practically the same ft/lbs of energy at 50 yards as a 45/70.

So with that in mind why do so many buy these rifles for bear protection when you could use something as small as a .308?
I like 500 grains myself...
Old 05-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
Ladies please...

As far as outing people,..I have never seen posters on any forum seem to find such pleasure in the tow letters T and J

In short, what freakin difference does it make who TJ is ...or you,... or me for that matter.

The guy hunts, writes and is oppinionated... what's the issue?

.... I could care less who am I am arguing or agreeing with be it TJ, My old man or Jim Shockey,..

Leave the personal crap out of it...

You can disagree with man on an issue and still have a beer ... once you get too personal with the BS,..well, it's just bad feelings and more BS and that's bad Karma! lol

Now , as I said... you're welcome guys..
I agree But when I come to belittling someone to where they snap.Some people can say and do anything and nothing happens.209 is the best at it.But I bet in person it would be a different story with these type of peole.A good debate is great but all the trolling to get people kicked off is a joke.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I like 500 grains myself...
One better is a 1.5 ounce slug out of a 12gauge shot gun.Nothing walks away.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 PM

just to add a little more to the stay in or blow through theory, the latest issue of successful hunter has an article on "bullet penetration" , those that think energy kills should pick it up and give a read. it compares a 06 to a 300 ultra on a gelatin block, the ultra entered the block going over 400 fps fatster than the 06 but exited going only 10 fps faster. the exiting bullets had approx 25 ft/lbs energy.... which is equal to 1/4 of the energy of a 22 lr bullet at 100 yards. so even though the bullets both exited, pretty much all of the energy, save for 25 ft/bs, was absorbed by the the gelatin. in neither case was the 12" square gelatin block " exploded" all over the place, despite the fact that it had absorbed over 3500 lbs over energy.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 PM

all kinds...all kinds..

I chatted on threads with a guy form a hunting forum. One day I am in the gunshop and someone says "hey Sealhunter"...so I turn around and this guy introduces himself and tells me who he is. we have a good chat,..right on.

A few days later he personally insults me on a thread a couple of times.

Not the smartest thing to do face to face, but it wasn't face to face,..and he didn't insult Mike Wheadon, he took a dig at "Sealhunter"..I don't care for him much, but wouldn't pop him one the next time see him.

The interweb is a funny place,.. there are interweb tough guys, cool guys, mod pets and trolls,.. all have their place.

Chin up, lighten up.. it's the ****ing interweb!!!! lol...
Old 05-27-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
One better is a 1.5 ounce slug out of a 12gauge shot gun.Nothing walks away.
not the right thread,...but you're wrong...

You may have however, unknowingly, gotten a pat on the back from Sheephunter... he loves those new fangled 400 yrd slug guns...

Ok Nevermind, not going there...
Old 05-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo1010 View Post
just to add a little more to the stay in or blow through theory, the latest issue of successful hunter has an article on "bullet penetration" , those that think energy kills should pick it up and give a read. it compares a 06 to a 300 ultra on a gelatin block, the ultra entered the block going over 400 fps fatster than the 06 but exited going only 10 fps faster. the exiting bullets had approx 25 ft/lbs energy.... which is equal to 1/4 of the energy of a 22 lr bullet at 100 yards. so even though the bullets both exited, pretty much all of the energy, save for 25 ft/bs, was absorbed by the the gelatin. in neither case was the 12" square gelatin block " exploded" all over the place, despite the fact that it had absorbed over 3500 lbs over energy.
Ballistic gelatin won't explode. As far as i know, it is designed to do just what happened.
Shoot the same bullets through a 12" square block of ice and the outcome might be a bit different.
Just a thought is all.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
What was the gell like between the two? Was there more damadge from the ultra? I am sorry I dont see your point.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
not the right thread,...but you're wrong...

You may have however, unknowingly, gotten a pat on the back from Sheephunter... he loves those new fangled 400 yrd slug guns...

Ok Nevermind, not going there...
have you ever shot anything with a heavy lead slug????

Nothing runs away.EVER
Old 05-27-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:

Nothing runs away.EVER
wrong twice within 5 posts...
Old 05-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
wrong twice within 5 posts...
How is that? From what I have shot with them That is what happened.So how is that wrong? Maybe you had a different exp. so fill us in.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
What was the gell like between the two? Was there more damadge from the ultra? I am sorry I dont see your point.
no real point intended, just trying to throw a few more facts out there. here is one quote from the article..."tissue damage, rarely kinetic energy, kills most game. this is why arrows terminate deer and elk( with proper heart/lung hits) just as quickly as similar shots with 338 magnums"
Old 05-27-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:

Nothing runs away.EVER

guess you better tell that to those 150lb american deer they shoot with slug guns on tv
Old 05-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
no real point intended, just trying to throw a few more facts out there. here is one quote from the article..."tissue damage, rarely kinetic energy, kills most game. this is why arrows terminate deer and elk( with proper heart/lung hits) just as quickly as similar shots with 338 magnums"
Thanks Bingo.Much clearer.I understand your point.That is why I use the bullets I do.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
how is that wrong? .
Quote:

Nothing runs away.EVER
I guess the ever means something ,..uhm..different than it's definition..?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
guess you better tell that to those 150lb american deer they shoot with slug guns on tv
Hey like I stated My exp.I dont like to chace things so I shoot for the sholder.I have never had one go anywhere but down.Not saying things shot different would be different.My experience is all I have stated.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
I guess the ever means something ,..uhm..different than it's definition..?
Ok I get your point.Wrong wording.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:41 PM

the value of experience is proportionate to the amount of it
Old 05-27-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Ok I get your point.Wrong wording.
are ya getting upset yet?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
are ya getting upset yet?
yep.Sure am.It is funny how you know everything as well.It is funny how that is.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:44 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
I did not mean to as I could see any pics with this one so I created the other after no responce from anyone to help me.When I switched something back on this one It let me do what I could not before.Also I did nothing to get banned.Suspended yes.I have talked to Rob about it.So thanks anyway Tracy.
I still don't see the need for multiple profiles at the same time other to to cause problems. Checking the dates, you were posting on both at the same time period. Whatever, still seems a bit pathetic to me..........I don't mind having a debate with one person but multiple profile seems a waste of my time. This thread has run its course and you've shown your true colours! Holes kill...I'm done.

Last edited by sheephunter; 05-27-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
the value of experience is proportionate to the amount of it
so what is yours with one? mine is 2 deer every year since the foothills deer licence.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:47 PM

also done... goodnight.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I still don't see the need for multiple profiles at the same time other to to cause problems. Checking the dates, you were posting on both at the same time period. Whatever, still seems a bit pathetic to me..........this thread has run its course and you've shown your true colours! Holes kill...I'm done.
No posting on the 2 at the same time re check there bud.I think you should pull you head out of the clouds.Re read the dates.......... Tracy what is your problem????? If it bugs you so much turn off your computer and go to sleep.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:58 PM

final note....TJ is reading your PM's..
Old 05-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
also done... goodnight.
Why arent you going to answer the question?????? You never shot anything with a slug?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
final note....TJ is reading your PM's..
so and your point is?????
Old 05-28-2010, 12:05 AM

my point is that I have shot and hunted many more animals than you and know what I am talking about, even with slugs sunshine..

nuff said..
Closed Thread