Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-25-2013, 06:36 PM

Default WTD: Aftermarket trigger for x bolt

Does anyone have or make a aftermarket trigger for the x bolt.

I need one as i brok mine trying to remove the spring. F*&^ !!! i am mad at myself.

****ty pot cast aluminum.

Please let me know if anyone makes one and if they are any good. I want a lighter trigger pull.

Adrian
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 PM

Most likely have to go to browning and see if you can get a replacement. I don't think anyone makes a aftermarket trigger for the x bolt.
Brian
Old 04-25-2013, 10:41 PM

i had to take out the trigger pivot pin and ream the hole out bigger in cold weather the trigger would shrink on the pin and seize the trigger. it was i think because of the way the pin was staked in place expanding it farther than it was supposed to. in my opinion the x bolt is cheaper to make than the a bolt and the trigger is like, crap. i prefer my a bolt although i had to put a lighter spring in it(cheap and easy) and the magazine system is stupid. the x bolt trigger is not made to work on from what i can see although i am not a gunsmith. my xbolt is a very good gun but i kind of resent some of this new engineering. i wouldnt be surprised if they make you send your gun to quebec to get your trigger replaced
Old 04-26-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
i had to take out the trigger pivot pin and ream the hole out bigger in cold weather the trigger would shrink on the pin and seize the trigger. it was i think because of the way the pin was staked in place expanding it farther than it was supposed to. in my opinion the x bolt is cheaper to make than the a bolt and the trigger is like, crap. i prefer my a bolt although i had to put a lighter spring in it(cheap and easy) and the magazine system is stupid. the x bolt trigger is not made to work on from what i can see although i am not a gunsmith. my xbolt is a very good gun but i kind of resent some of this new engineering. i wouldnt be surprised if they make you send your gun to quebec to get your trigger replaced
Just wondering where you sourced your spring from, I know the x-bolt is different, but I'd like to find one for my x-bolt.

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
Just wondering where you sourced your spring from, I know the x-bolt is different, but I'd like to find one for my x-bolt.

Thanks.
i got it from western gun parts edmonton 7 dollars. i was able to get my xbolt to 3 pounds with the stock spring i saw a sight on the internet ernies guns or something that used to offer it for the x bolt with nightmarish instructions but no more i havent seen anything else for the x bolt ps thats not the first time i heard the xbolt trigger housing breaking it looks strong and stable but i dont think its really made to take apart
Old 04-29-2013, 05:29 PM

Thx.