Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-07-2008, 06:39 AM

Default CZ452 Varmint vs American

So I was in Russell's on the weekend, and I picked up a new CZ452 Varmint in .17HMR... When the sales guy brought it out, I looked at the box, and it said, ".17HMR Varmint". It definitely had the heavy barrel, and appeared to be a Varmint version.

When I got it home, I noticed that the barrel stamp said 'CZ452 ZKM-2E American'. I thought for sure I had the wrong gun until I checked CZ's website, where they list all the specs for the barrel. Sure enough, I have the Varmint barrel on the Varmint-style stock. The American stock and barrel and very different.

So, not sure why it says 'American' on the barrel... I've e-mailed CZ USA to see if they can tell me, but I haven't heard anything yet. A quick Google shows that there are others that have the same problem...

If I hear back from CZ, I'll post their reply...
Old 02-07-2008, 07:29 AM

The CZ 452 American comes in two versions, the standard sporter and the heavier barrelled varmit model. Both are stamped American.http://www.cz-usa.com/products_rimfire_rifles.php Scroll down to the 452 models, the top 2 are both americans, I believe the one on the right is your version. The American versions have american style stocks and come without sites.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:50 AM

Bushrat, you are right - it says it right there in black and white. I was thinking it should say "Varmint", but that link shows that the Varmint is a heavy barrelled version of the American, with a different stock.

Wonder why it's taking CZ so long to get back to me...