Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-03-2008, 08:34 PM

Default Guns at 'The Fishing Center' in Edmonton?

who would have thought. John and I went into "The Fishing Center" in Edmonton, that shop up on 82st, after the gun show and noticed they now sell Guns, ammo hunting DVDs, and hunting gear. Where have I been. Some sweet prices too. How long have they been into the guns?? They had a decent selection of different brands, but i was told they are waiting on some shipments. Always had good service there with flygear and other fishing stuff.

After Handling some of those weatherby Sub MOA's, i may have to switch brands, LOL If anyone hasnt been there, check out they're Website, they are my "goto" place for flyfishing stuff. Great guys

Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 PM

To back up what Bigbore has said, they were great to talk to, offered some real good deals on the guns in the shop and yes the Weatherby sub-moa's were nice and looked a whole lot better when they brought out the factory shot targets for us to look at. If it was not for having to buy a new dryer on Thursday I would be the proud owner of the sub moa 243 they had there.

Also had some decent prices on camo and some good hunting DVD's.

Other thing that impressed me was as I was looking at some baitcasters the guy told me to wait till the Sportsman Show as the deals will be on then.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:10 PM

Do they sell reloading stuff too?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:55 PM

not that i seen, but i think they just started up this year. they said the selection will get better.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
that shop up on 82st
I've never been there.............what ave. intersection?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:50 AM

12922-82 St.

473-4498
Old 02-04-2008, 01:10 PM

I had seen that last summer when I loaded up on fishing supplies that they had a new gun counter set up. Good to see they are expanding.. I always like shopping there they are very freindly and Knowledgeable ( spl???)
Old 02-05-2008, 07:14 AM

The guys there are great to talk to. I find that the customer service there is amazing compared to most places. They just started with the guns in 2007, but like BigBore said they will be getting more in 2008. The guys there are very informative.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:29 PM

The subMOA's are pretty good - I have one in a .243, but the first thing it needed was a new trigger. The W'by trigger was the worst POS I've ever handled, and the only way they ever shot a .8" group which my test target claimed was with a robot. No human could have done it. 7 lbs of gritty creep, in stages yet, and finally a bang. I'd expect more from a WalMart gun, if there is such a thing (and don't discount that horrid thought!) The gun now does shoot well, especially fond of anything launched at 4000 fps or more, and also loves the Supreme 95 grainers. It took a $135 Timney but it made it a different gun. Only complaint is that odd rubbery tan colored stock adds weight - the guns are heavier than they need to be in standard calibers. After I bought it, I noticed the 5 1/2 pound Kimbers and as usual wished I'd bought one of them instead. Guess I'm gonna have to own another .243!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtennex View Post
The subMOA's are pretty good - I have one in a .243, but the first thing it needed was a new trigger. The W'by trigger was the worst POS I've ever handled, and the only way they ever shot a .8" group which my test target claimed was with a robot. No human could have done it. 7 lbs of gritty creep, in stages yet, and finally a bang. I'd expect more from a WalMart gun

better hope JohninAB doesnt see this, id hate to rub in that ive never seen anyone bash remington with a Walmart insult Rub Rub
Old 02-06-2008, 08:30 AM

My Vanguard in 300 WBY shoots just as advertised. No problems getting a group of an inch at 100 yards. Mine is not a sub moa. As for the trigger no complaints.

As for the Walmart comment, now that hurt!