Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-29-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If the government bans your rifle, then you will care, and they may ban rifles that are currently NR.
Your right Elk. I will care but I guess my point is if it’s NR the government doesn’t know you have it and second if all fire arm owners stick together and say screw you mr prime minister we are not handing over our NR rifles. What can they do other than call in the military and put everyone in jail and I don’t believe that will happen.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Your right Elk. I will care but I guess my point is if it’s NR the government doesn’t know you have it and second if all fire arm owners stick together and say screw you mr prime minister we are not handing over our NR rifles. What can they do other than call in the military and put everyone in jail and I don’t believe that will happen.
What good is a banned firearm, if you can't take it out and shoot it? Sure you can hide it, but the whole point in buying a NR rifle is being able to shoot it, without strict restrictions. And if you are stupid enough to take it out, and you are caught with it, the police will seize it, and likely seize all of your other firearms as well, and revoke your PAL.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:48 PM

I’m still going to build it no matter what happens with the election. I think I’m going to go with magpul for majority of the furniture. Still going to look into internals and I’m curious if a trigger tech will fit in the lower receiver.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:54 PM
Banned

If it's not registered do you really have it when it comes to the government? Here today gone tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLab View Post
I don't believe them for a second when they claim they're not going after legal Sportsman,target shooters or farmers needing fire arms for farm stock protection.
Agreed because we all know farmers hunters and spots people only need single shots and no more than 20 rounds for that firearm. Any more rounds and it’s a stock pile, if it can hold more than 1 round at a time its high capacity.... total bull!