Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2019, 05:19 PM

Default Hunting without PAL

Can I go with my buddy hunting if he got a pal and I don’t and can I carry a gun while doing so.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:40 PM
Banned

Yes as long as your holding hands lol jk but yes you are allowed to have to be in arms reach
Old 10-18-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainaccent View Post
Yes as long as your holding hands lol jk but yes you are allowed to have to be in arms reach
#brokebackhunting
Old 10-18-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
#brokebackhunting
Real men snuggle for warmth in duck blinds.

In all seriousness though? The idea is (and the law) that he has to be within range to assume control of the weapon at all times.

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC
Old 10-18-2019, 06:45 PM

Your question might be better in the hunting discussion. In here they tend to be more off the wall. Especially when you ask if you can hunt with your PAL. But wait, lots are the avid hunters here also and know their chit. They like to kid lots.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:26 PM

you do not need a pal to hold or use a firearm as per below

"A licence is not necessary to borrow a firearm if the borrower remains under the direct and immediate supervision of a properly licensed adult aged 18 or older." Ref: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...etaire-eng.htm

do you your self have a hunting licence? if your just tagging along and packing a rifle under direct and immediate supervision and dont have a hunting licence you could find your self in hot water with the wildlife act.

Ref: http://www.qp.alberta.ca/1266.cfm?pa...0&display=html

1(1)(o) “hunt” means, subject to subsection (6), with reference to a subject animal,
(i) shoot at, harass or worry,
(ii) chase, pursue, follow after or on the trail of, search for, flush, stalk or lie in wait for,
(iii) capture or wilfully injure or kill,
(iv) attempt to capture, injure or kill, or
(v) assist another person to hunt in a manner specified in subclause (i), (ii), (iii) or (iv) while that other person is so hunting;

there is also this

Hunting without licence
24(1) Subject to subsection (3), a person shall not hunt wildlife unless the person holds a licence authorizing the person, or is authorized by or under a licence, to hunt wildlife of that kind.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to hunting that is specifically authorized by or under the Agricultural Pests Act and, to the extent that subsection (1) applies
(a) with respect to guiding, it applies only to guiding for gain or reward, and
(b) with respect to non‑licence wildlife, it applies only to trapping.
(3) A person shall not for gain or reward guide another person hunting wildlife unless he or she holds a licence specifically authorizing that guiding.
RSA 2000 cW‑10 s24;2003 c49 s7

hope this helps I know its wordy and cut and past from the rcmp website and the wildlife act but its really hard to get solid info from a source and with questions like this you don't want your defence when asked by an officer to be someone on face book/the internet told me it was ok. thats how you get a court appearance. your best bet is to call your local fish and wild life office and ask directly linked here: https://www.alberta.ca/fish-and-wildlife-contacts.aspx

Last edited by Dubious; 10-18-2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: big fingers small buttons