Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2019, 04:23 PM

Default Vaccinations don't cause autism

Large study just released.

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2...e-cohort-study

Abstract

Background:
The hypothesized link between the measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism continues to cause concern and challenge vaccine uptake.

Objective:
To evaluate whether the MMR vaccine increases the risk for autism in children, subgroups of children, or time periods after vaccination.

Design:
Nationwide cohort study.

Setting:
Denmark.

Participants:
657 461 children born in Denmark from 1999 through 31 December 2010, with follow-up from 1 year of age and through 31 August 2013.

Measurements:
Danish population registries were used to link information on MMR vaccination, autism diagnoses, other childhood vaccines, sibling history of autism, and autism risk factors to children in the cohort. Survival analysis of the time to autism diagnosis with Cox proportional hazards regression was used to estimate hazard ratios of autism according to MMR vaccination status, with adjustment for age, birth year, sex, other childhood vaccines, sibling history of autism, and autism risk factors (based on a disease risk score).

Results:
During 5 025 754 person-years of follow-up, 6517 children were diagnosed with autism (incidence rate, 129.7 per 100 000 person-years). Comparing MMR-vaccinated with MMR-unvaccinated children yielded a fully adjusted autism hazard ratio of 0.93 (95% CI, 0.85 to 1.02). Similarly, no increased risk for autism after MMR vaccination was consistently observed in subgroups of children defined according to sibling history of autism, autism risk factors (based on a disease risk score) or other childhood vaccinations, or during specified time periods after vaccination.

Limitation:
No individual medical charts were reviewed.

Conclusion:
The study strongly supports that MMR vaccination does not increase the risk for autism, does not trigger autism in susceptible children, and is not associated with clustering of autism cases after vaccination. It adds to previous studies through significant additional statistical power and by addressing hypotheses of susceptible subgroups and clustering of cases.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-05-2019, 04:48 PM

WHO states that parents neglecting to vaccinate their children is one of the 10 largest risks that worldwide health currently faces.

I just don't get these parents who think they are smarter than the smartest doctors in the world. Selfish fricken idiots who put others' children at risk as well as their own.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Completely agree, need 95% vaccination to get a herd immunity. Some children cannot get vaccinated due to pre existing conditions, would hate to have someone’s little child get sick because I was too busy to vaccinate my children.

Worse yet is people who think they are smarter then 99.5 percent of scientist worldwide.

Anyone on the fence due a google image search of polio children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
WHO states that parents neglecting to vaccinate their children is one of the 10 largest risks that worldwide health currently faces.

I just don't get these parents who think they are smarter than the smartest doctors in the world. Selfish fricken idiots who put others' children at risk as well as their own.
Parents that don’t vaccinate their children are definitely not helping them. This same study also says that if there is an outbreak, their children will be the first to die !
Old 03-05-2019, 05:20 PM

Ah, the yearly vaccination thread....let the viciousness begin. I see your frickin idiots and will sit back, eat some popcorn, and wait for the poster who says the idiot parents should go to jail and the children should be raised by the state.

And for the record, I believe vaccines work and are effective and I'm not anti...polio small pox etc basically eliminated.

I just loathe how this topic has degenerated to name calling, every time the topic comes up.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-05-2019, 05:28 PM

I don't think anybody had a choice when I was kid, they came to the schools herded us up and jabbed I don't remember any asking involved.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post

Well, there are actually still people who claim the earth is flat. Our government is sending 300, 000. worth of homeopathic medicine to Honduras., would you believe, to fight Chagas disease. Get out of the Western world and superstition is still an important fact of life, apparently here as well.

Grizz
Old 03-05-2019, 05:56 PM

Milennials. Over educated under intelligent. Bout sums it up. Only going to go down hill from here
Old 03-05-2019, 06:42 PM

Just a question, if vaccines are safe and beneficial, how come Canadians can't bring class action suits against vaccine manufacturers? Worth thinking about is it not, or should I compromise my health for your/societies sake?
Old 03-05-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Ah, the yearly vaccination thread....let the viciousness begin. I see your frickin idiots and will sit back, eat some popcorn, and wait for the poster who says the idiot parents should go to jail and the children should be raised by the state.

And for the record, I believe vaccines work and are effective and I'm not anti...polio small pox etc basically eliminated.

I just loathe how this topic has degenerated to name calling, every time the topic comes up.
Worse than the 6.5CM threads.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:04 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Just a question, if vaccines are safe and beneficial, how come Canadians can't bring class action suits against vaccine manufacturers? Worth thinking about is it not, or should I compromise my health for your/societies sake?
Are you a Dr.?, or do you work in Healthcare ?
Old 03-05-2019, 07:12 PM

One way or another the human race will wipe itself out!

BW
Old 03-05-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
And what might that lawsuit entail? Prevention of disease? Sore arm a flu-like symptoms for a day or two? The one person in a million who has an allergic reaction to a vaccine component?

Sounds like a conspiracy theorist, not a physician to me.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:26 PM

Default Perhaps.....

Quote:
1. Lawyers won’t take it?
2. The case is clearly superfluous and vexatious. Which if found out... get thrown out..?

Just guessin.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 03-05-2019, 07:30 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:

Agreed whole heartedly... Thjs topic should go the way of the political threads. Nobody is ever going to convince anyone to change their minds no matter what side of the discussion they fall on. It will just be another excuse for everyone to call each other names and feel superior for it. That said, it is fun to watch sometimes! Lol
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 03-05-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Milennials. Over educated under intelligent. Bout sums it up. Only going to go down hill from here
I'd tell you where to stick that opinion, but I've been suspended for less.
I was born in 82, for the record.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Its not just Millenials falling for the charlatans pressing the anti-vaxx philosophies, my own mother has fallen for it and she's in her 70's. I'll often comment on her anti-vaxx Facebook shares where I'll thank her for having myself and my 4 siblings vaccinated and leave it at that. (Her offspring being born from the late 1960's through to the mid 1980's). She's fallen down the rabbit hole with many online conspiracies, apparently Soros controls everything, its quite sad. Kept off of certain topics she's great though, but its troubling.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Agreed whole heartedly... Thjs topic should go the way of the political threads. Nobody is ever going to convince anyone to change their minds no matter what side of the discussion they fall on. It will just be another excuse for everyone to call each other names and feel superior for it. That said, it is fun to watch sometimes! Lol
We're dealing with the results of decades of failure in our education system here. Anti vaxing is just one part. Hoemeopathy, Naturopathy, Chiroquackery, accupuncture, the list goes on.

Grizz
Old 03-05-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:

Thanks for saving me the time writing that. These are the stupidest of threads that lead good people to banned camp. I have never seen anyone change their minds as a result of this discussion. More like losing their minds.
Sheesh.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Thanks for saving me the time writing that. These are the stupidest of threads that lead good people to banned camp. I have never seen anyone change their minds as a result of this discussion. More like losing their minds.
Sheesh.
If a massive study doesn’t meet the definition of proof...then so be it to some. However in the spirit of facts and education this is a great study.

Seems more like people just hating the thread and posting negatively so far is the cause of the thread going astray.

Don’t post if you don’t like a thread and it goes away.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-05-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
If a massive study doesn’t meet the definition of proof...then so be it to some. However in the spirit of facts and education this is a great study.

Seems more like people just hating the thread and posting negatively so far is the cause of the thread going astray.

Don’t post if you don’t like a thread and it goes away.
Clearly you couldn’t or just don’t want to comprehend what I wrote. I never questioned your proof or the study. Middle of cabin fever season and this thread will only go 1 direction. Good luck. I’ll stay away
Old 03-05-2019, 09:22 PM

Most anti-vaxxers I encounter are middle aged moms on FB.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:47 AM
Banned

We need to teach our children to avoid and reject those children in school that haven't been vaccinated. When little Bobby and Jane run home to Mommy saying the kids in school won't play with them because they're a walking time bomb you can bet Mommy will pull her head out of her butt and get her kids vaccinated.

I'd like to see children start a roll up your sleeve and prove you've been vaccinated campaign. Distribute stickers, pins, MVGA Hats , to all those doing what's right.

It's time to get tough on stupidity.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:56 AM

I am pro-vaccination. Everyone in the family is up to date. What I don't get though is the argument from the various health boards that if a kid isn't vaccinated we are all at risk. How? We're vaccinated.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
I am pro-vaccination. Everyone in the family is up to date. What I don't get though is the argument from the various health boards that if a kid isn't vaccinated we are all at risk. How? We're vaccinated.
(because even if you're vaccinated you are still at risk)
Old 03-06-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
It puts babies who are too young to get the vaccination at risk.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Vaccines are not 100% effective, all the time.

Think of them like a condom. Definitely responsible, and they usually work.

Now think of everyone around you being vaccinated as... an IUD or some other even more effective method of birth control. That is herd immunity. When enough people are vaccinated, it eliminates the disease reservoir, because the disease needs a ladder between people to make a chain and spread. When the ladder is too short to make a chain between two potential victims, that chain is broken and the disease dies in isolation.

But when you have a large unvaccinated population, you have a reservoir for the disease, and the disease will find the people whose vaccinations may not have been effective, and it will find people who couldn't have the vaccine because they are too young, or they have underlying health issues.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 03-06-2019, 08:08 AM

Actually.... the a large portion of scientists are on the autism spectrum, so technically, autism causes vaccines
Old 03-06-2019, 08:10 AM

Thumbs down

Anti-vaxxers are the latest round of fanatics; arguing with them is like talking to a rock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anti vaxxers.jpg (33.2 KB, 101 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 03-06-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
We need the herd immunity as measles vaccine is only 80%, effective