Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I keep hearing rumors that George Soros funds her.
The sad part is that there are so many people around the world of such low intellect they are lapping up what she has to say.
Society sure seems to be dumbing down
Old 10-18-2019, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Society sure seems to be dumbing down
So true! It’s absolutely amazing how stupid and insane this world has become.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:22 PM

Follow the money,
of who is paying her to be here, Im sure JD is, or Green peace
Old 10-18-2019, 07:02 PM

I am sort of curious how she is getting home. A wind powered ship on the Atlantic in November could be challenging.
I feel for the young girl. She should be on stage at the Windspear Center reciting Macbeth instead.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-18-2019, 07:03 PM

I'm going to say something unpopular and I apologize of it upsets anyone. I try not to be a jerk to anyone but to me it's the elephant in the room.

Greta herself says it her autism is her super power and the reason for her drive.

People with autism often, but not always, have extremely narrow focuses.

It's not that she's any more virtuous than anyone else .. she simply does not, and can not see the problems related to suddenly switching to a massive eco friendly lifestyle.

She gets so angry because in her mind, she can't understand at all why people don't snap their fingers and give it all up like she has done. It should be just as easy as that. She feels betrayed by previous generations because ... literally that is all she can see.

I respect her as a person a lot, but this is kind of ... it is what it is.

It is tragic that she is being used the way she is and is also quite unable to see it.

Yes, she's extremely intelligent and well spoken but many autistic people are.

And no, I'm not saying autism is bad. At all. Many of mankind's most brilliant inventions and progress came from autistic people .... that narrow focus is a gift as much as it is a hurdle.

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC
Old 10-18-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I keep hearing rumors that George Soros funds her.
So? Politicians are funded by citizens but because they align with your way of thinking that’s ok?
Old 10-18-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-30 View Post
I'm going to say something unpopular and I apologize of it upsets anyone. I try not to be a jerk to anyone but to me it's the elephant in the room.

Greta herself says it her autism is her super power and the reason for her drive.

It's not that she's any more virtuous than anyone else .. she simply does not, and can not see the problems related to suddenly switching to a massive eco friendly lifestyle.

She gets so angry because in her mind, she can't understand at all why people don't snap their fingers and give it all up like she has done. It should be just as easy as that. She feels betrayed by previous generations because ... literally that is all she can see.

It is tragic that she is being used the way she is and is also quite unable to see it.

And no, I'm not saying autism is bad. At all. Many of mankind's most brilliant inventions and progress came from autistic people .... that narrow focus is a gift as much as it is a hurdle.
Huh???

Oh, of course, she gave up her childhood...give us a break.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
Huh???

Thirty gave a respectful, well thought out point of view on what really is a pretty significant "elephant in the room" as he put it. Silly to cherry pick like that imho.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:

No need for apologies, i agree 100%. Well said.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
Huh???

I didn't mean give up her childhood.

I meant give up her "non eco friendly ways" As in she can't imagine how everyone else can't just snap their fingers and change their lifestyle in an instant because that is what she did.

I'm not sure how it was construed the way Flyguy took it.

Thanks for the support, the others who posted up.

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC

Last edited by thirty-30; 10-18-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
So? Politicians are funded by citizens but because they align with your way of thinking that’s ok?
How did you get THERE?

Someone asked who is funding her and he gave a name that keeps popping up when that question is asked
Old 10-19-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I didn't mean give up her childhood.

I meant give up her "non eco friendly ways" As in she can't imagine how everyone else can't just snap their fingers and change their lifestyle in an instant because that is what she did.

I'm not sure how it was construed the way Flyguy took it.

Thanks for the support, the others who posted up.
Well, you started off your post stating that you were going to say something unpopular. Congratulations, IMHO you succeeded!

Oh, and apologies accepted.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Alberta should invite her to stay for a month and deprogram her. Maybe she could still have some teenage fun.
Red you need to invite her to go fishing with you on the NSR.

BW
Old 10-19-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:

I don't think it has anything to do with autism. She is a teenager and they all think like that. Old people are stupid and all you have to do is change a few things and "world peace". In fact look who constitutes her fan base, fellow teenagers, children and the white guilt crowd.
It is very unfortunate that no adults are taking the time to educate this crowd about reality.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Red you need to invite her to go fishing with you on the NSR.

BW
To heck with the fishing. If She spent a week in the bush with me I'd have her hillbillyed so quick she'd be skinning yappers, chewing on beaver castor and hunting deer with a spear.

I would dare her to go for a run and have a primal scream, which I think she really needs before she blows a vein in her angry head.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-19-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
To heck with the fishing. If She spent a week in the bush with me I'd have her hillbillyed so quick she'd be skinning yappers, chewing on beaver castor and hunting deer with a spear.

I would dare her to go for a run and have a primal scream, which I think she really needs before she blows a vein in her angry head.
What’s your address? I’m sending my wife your way!
Old 10-19-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:

Or she would have a complete millennial meltdown culminating in big sobbing tears and a week of fasting and running away looking for wifi so she can google how to get back to her posh lifestyle. Some people just aren't built to be functioning people.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-19-2019, 04:49 PM
Banned

Kardashian syndrome.
\

Stoopid people making other stoopid people famous.

This thread for example.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Or she would have a complete millennial meltdown culminating in big sobbing tears and a week of fasting and running away looking for wifi so she can google how to get back to her posh lifestyle. Some people just aren't built to be functioning people.
The youngest Millennials are now in their early-mid 20’s and while I like to blame them for pretty much everything Greta of Green Fables is something totally different.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:33 PM

Old 10-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Banned

Here is one Dad's response to his teen daughter's
accusations in hearing Greta's latest speeches.
.. John Luchyk....
" After our daughter of fifteen years of age was moved to tears by the speech of Greta Thunberg at the UN the other day, she became angry with our generation “who had been doing nothing for thirty years.”
So, we decided to help her prevent what the girl on TV announced of “massive eradication and the disappearance of entire ecosystems.”
We are now committed to give our daughter a future again, by doing our part to help cool the planet four degrees.
From now on she will go to school on a bicycle, because driving her by car costs fuel, and fuel puts emissions into the atmosphere. Of course it will be winter soon and then she will want to go by bus, but only as long as it is a diesel bus.
Somehow, that does not seem to be conducive to ‘helping the Climate’.
Of course, she is now asking for an electric bicycle, but we have shown her the devastation caused to the areas of the planet as a result of mining for the extraction of Lithium and other minerals used to make batteries for electric bicycles, so she will be pedaling, or walking. Which will not harm her, or the planet. We used to cycle and walk to school too.
Since the girl on TV demanded “we need to get rid of our dependency on fossil fuels” and our daughter agreed with her, we have disconnected the heat vent in her room. The temperature is now dropping to twelve degrees in the evening, and will drop below freezing in the winter, we have promised to buy her an extra sweater, hat, tights, gloves and a blanket.
For the same reason we have decided that from now on she only takes a cold shower. She will wash her clothes by hand, with a wooden washboard, because the washing machine is simply a power consumer and since the dryer uses natural gas, she will hang her clothes on the clothes line to dry.
Speaking of clothes, the ones that she currently has are all synthetic, so made from petroleum. Therefore on Monday, we will bring all her designer clothing to the secondhand shop.
We have found an eco store where the only clothing they sell is made from undyed and unbleached linen, wool and jute.
It shouldn’t matter that it looks good on her, or that she is going to be laughed at, dressing in colorless, bland clothes and without a wireless bra, but that is the price she has to pay for the benefit of The Climate.
Cotton is out of the question, as it comes from distant lands and pesticides are used for it. Very bad for the environment.
We just saw on her Instagram that she’s pretty angry with us. This was not our intention.
From now on, at 7 p.m. we will turn off the WiFi and we will only switch it on again the next day after dinner for two hours. In this way we will save on electricity, so she is not bothered by electro-stress and will be totally isolated from the outside world. This way, she can concentrate solely on her homework. At eleven o’clock in the evening we will pull the breaker to shut the power off to her room, so she knows that dark is really dark. That will save a lot of CO2.
She will no longer be participating in winter sports to ski lodges and resorts, nor will she be going on anymore vacations with us, because our vacation destinations are practically inaccessible by bicycle.
Since our daughter fully agrees with the girl on TV that the CO2 emissions and footprints of her great-grandparents are to blame for ‘killing our planet’, what all this simply means, is that she also has to live like her great-grandparents and they never had a holiday, a car or even a bicycle.
We haven’t talked about the carbon footprint of food yet.
Zero CO2 footprint means no meat, no fish and no poultry, but also no meat substitutes that are based on soy (after all, that grows in farmers fields, that use machinery to harvest the beans, trucks to transport to the processing plants, where more energy is used, then trucked to the packaging/canning plants, and trucked once again to the stores) and also no imported food, because that has a negative ecological effect. And absolutely no chocolate from Africa, no coffee from South America and no tea from Asia.
Only homegrown potatoes, vegetables and fruit that have been grown in local cold soil, because greenhouses run on boilers, piped in CO2 and artificial light. Apparently, these things are also bad for The Climate. We will teach her how to grow her own food.
Bread is still possible, but butter, milk, cheese and yogurt, cottage cheese and cream come from cows and they emit CO2. No more margarine and no oils will be used for the frying pan, because that fat is palm oil from plantations in Borneo where rain forests first grew.
No ice cream in the summer. No soft drinks and no energy drinks, as the bubbles are CO2. She wanted to lose some pounds, well, this will help her achieve that goal too.
We will also ban all plastic, because it comes from chemical factories. Everything made of steel and aluminum must also be removed. Have you ever seen the amount of energy a blast furnace consumes or an aluminum smelter? Uber bad for the climate!
We will replace her 9600 coil, memory foam pillow top mattress, with a jute bag filled with straw,with a horse hair pillow.
And finally, she will no longer be using makeup, soap, shampoo, cream, lotion, conditioner, toothpaste and medication. Her sanitary napkins will be replaced with pads made of linen, that she can wash by hand, with her wooden washboard, just like her female ancestors did before climate change made her angry at us for destroying her future.
In this way we will help her to do her part to prevent mass extinction, water levels rising and the disappearance of entire ecosystems.
If she truly believes she wants to walk the talk of the girl on TV, she will gladly accept and happily embrace her new way of life. "
Old 10-19-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
The youngest Millennials are now in their early-mid 20’s and while I like to blame them for pretty much everything Greta of Green Fables is something totally different.
Sorry.
What is the handle for the new little snowflakes?

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-19-2019, 09:26 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He must have money, look at her!!!

Old 10-20-2019, 06:34 PM

Rex Murphy on Greta;

The only mosquito in the face cream, is of course, St. Greta of the Frowns and Glares, more familiarly known as Greta of Green Fables. She sees Trudeau as a climate slacker. He’s a pipeline buyer, which according to the Thunberg gospellers, makes the angels of the troposphere weep in shame and anger. To young Greta, such is her passion, not to be living in an unfurnished cave, tweeting via smoke signal, and travelling only as the wind lists, means you are a pagan/heretic — and even worse, you may be an adult.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ure-of-alberta
Old 10-20-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Sorry.
What is the handle for the new little snowflakes?
That would be generation z.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
That would be generation z.
That's a horrible omen. Last classification?

Old 10-20-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
He must have money, look at her!!!
Meh, that’s about a 5 in Sweden. And she produced very poor quality offspring. He can keep it
Old 10-20-2019, 10:20 PM

For the record, I am/was employed in the oil/gas/energy industry for 20 years .... and I'm not a green peace hippy nor am I about to trade in my truck for a pedal bike any time soon. I am not a vegan and I'm not scared that the world will end in 3 years due to pollution and carbon emissions......

BUT .......Once again, these threads entertain me ...... when people say "follow the money" you need to critically ask yourself one real simple question .... and take a breath and think about it before spouting out some silly thoughtless chant regurgitated by lobbyists working for industry and organizations who stand to loose ALLOT of money if they need to meet improved targets and clean up after themselves.

Someone please tell me how, specifically, how climate alarmists are benefiting financially?

And how much?

How does this compare to big industry who stand to loose money?

I agree the climate change "imminent crisis" is over blown, over hyped and crazy .... But please don't make silly arguments like "money" .... makes ZERO sense.

We need fossil fuels, and need to keep producing cleaner, so we limit our impact. We need to do a better job meeting stringent targets to keep the world cleaner .... but we don't need to buy bikes, give up meat or shut down the entire world to avert disaster.

I have kids, and I enjoy clean air, and nature unspoiled as many of us do. I also don't upturn my nose when I drive by a battery or pad .... that's how we eat and clothe ourselves.

As far as Gretta is concerned - the kid is a puppet - and her parents are the puppeteers .... I feel bad for the young lady who is clearly emotionally distraught having been convinced the sky is falling.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:50 PM

EZM: UN and globalists (the ones who want to disarm us so we will “comply”) believe that if we transfer wealth to 3rd world crap holes that the birth rate will drop, life expectancy will improve and all humanities woes will be solved (if this sounds somewhat Marxist...yep, with a nice authoritarian add on).

Therefore: manufactured climate crisis, to justify the carbon tax, barking brainless teenagers, etc all to facilitate their utopia at our expense.