Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 07:26 AM

Any update on this case ?
I couldn’t find anything online.
Old 11-10-2021, 10:40 AM

Trial was postponed until spring 2022....
Old 11-10-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magtime View Post
Trial was postponed until spring 2022....
They like to drag these things out as long as possible, hoping the public forgets and the controversy goes away. Perp who killed the doc in Red Deer died before he went to trial, so we'll never know why or the details.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 11-10-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
They like to drag these things out as long as possible, hoping the public forgets and the controversy goes away. Perp who killed the doc in Red Deer died before he went to trial, so we'll never know why or the details.

Grizz
Agreed Grizz, but in this case I think It'll be front and center in the spring when the trial starts and the media/politicians start sensationalizing it again IMO.....
Old 11-10-2021, 12:46 PM

Are the killers still incarcerated?
Old 11-10-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magtime View Post
Agreed Grizz, but in this case I think It'll be front and center in the spring when the trial starts and the media/politicians start sensationalizing it again IMO.....
Concur with that...thanx...
Old 11-10-2021, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post

Grizz
You actually think that the lawyers and judges sit around, maybe have a beer or a smoke and discuss which cases they will delay so the public forgets about it, that’s so ubsurd it’s actually funny. Wonder if they thought “hmmmmm maybe if that guy died we wouldn’t have to delay that one on purpose, hey frank can you look after that” “ you bet judge im on it”. I wonder what makes people tick sometimes
Old 11-10-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims83cj5 View Post
You actually think that the lawyers and judges sit around, maybe have a beer or a smoke and discuss which cases they will delay so the public forgets about it, that’s so ubsurd it’s actually funny. Wonder if they thought “hmmmmm maybe if that guy died we wouldn’t have to delay that one on purpose, hey frank can you look after that” “ you bet judge im on it”. I wonder what makes people tick sometimes
Judges don't...but lawyers do...
Old 11-11-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
Judges don't...but lawyers do...
The conspiracy theory runs deep doesn’t it.
Old 11-11-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Are the killers still incarcerated?
Might want to switch to jigging, because trolling doesn’t seem to be working for you…
Old 11-11-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Might want to switch to jigging, because trolling doesn’t seem to be working for you…
Not trolling, serious question? I havent heard much about the case other then this thread.
Old 11-11-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Not trolling, serious question? I haven't heard much about the case other then this thread.
Both suspects were denied bail in March 2021: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...rial-1.5956812

Haven't seen anything since.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-11-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
Both suspects were denied bail in March 2021: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...rial-1.5956812

Haven't seen anything since.
Thank you....
Old 11-11-2021, 05:05 PM

I guess I’m kind of confused … I thought in Canada you were innocent till proven guilty. Why not bail ?
Old 05-16-2022, 09:48 AM

https://chatnewstoday.ca/2022/05/16/...rural-alberta/

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-16-2022, 10:42 AM

Default Two Métis moose hunters

Hopefully, if convicted, the two killers get life in prison, even though they should be hung.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:33 AM

Oh,oh. Here we go.
Old 05-16-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
Oh,oh. Here we go.
Agreed.

I have had several conversations with people from both sides of the living and deceased, and both narrate that their side would never break a law, never take a life unless theirs was threatened first.

This I think will boil down to who has the better Lawyer, the Crown or Defense, and which political party the seated Judge sides with.

Unless there is some camera proof somewhere it will depend on who tells a better story, trouble is only one side can speak for themselves.

I do not think this will go the way the Stanley case did.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-16-2022, 12:28 PM

Unfortunately this trial will be highly influenced be the media and politics regardless if they are guilty or innocent

I have no clue what took place nor will I pretend to so I am not going to pick a side
Old 05-16-2022, 12:41 PM

I'm just waiting for the facts of what transpired that day to finally come out in public, then we will know. You don't just go hunting and end up dead.
Old 05-16-2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I'm just waiting for the facts of what transpired that day to finally come out in public, then we will know. You don't just go hunting and end up dead.
How do you know they were just out hunting?

That is the million dollar question.

The burden of proof is on the Crown but the real issue will be convincing the Judge / jury what happened.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-16-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
I guess I’m kind of confused … I thought in Canada you were innocent till proven guilty. Why not bail ?
That's only for drug dealers and car thieves

If you get remand you earn extra time 1 year = 1 3/4 gansta's fire their lawyers or do anything to slow the trial, sentenced to 7 years, 3 years in remand out in two more or less.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
It used to be half breed. I believe Métis is the politically correct word. I’m pretty sure. I think.... yeah I don’t know anymore lol
It was my understanding that Metis originally reffered to people of mixed French and Native heritage, while half breed was used for those of mixed Scottish/ Native lineage.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

The burden of proof is on the Crown but the real issue will be convincing the Judge / jury what happened.
How do you know they weren't? You passive aggressively make insinuations like you know the details of this case. I assume you only know rumors like most folks?

I know nothing of these folks on either side or their story but I think the two dead men deserve the benefit of doubt. I can think of a few scenarios that would lead me to be angry enough to kill a man, same as most fellas I'm sure. It doesn't seem like that was the case here or we would have heard about it by now.

I'm curious what would they have had to be doing in order for you to justify them being murdered? Where is your line that taking another mans life is ok?
No judgment just curious
Old 05-16-2022, 03:36 PM

dose anyone know what time of day this happened just cant find it anywhere
Old 05-16-2022, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinebeers View Post
How do you know they weren't? You passive aggressively make insinuations like you know the details of this case. I assume you only know rumors like most folks?

I know nothing of these folks on either side or their story but I think the two dead men deserve the benefit of doubt. I can think of a few scenarios that would lead me to be angry enough to kill a man, same as most fellas I'm sure. It doesn't seem like that was the case here or we would have heard about it by now.

I'm curious what would they have had to be doing in order for you to justify them being murdered? Where is your line that taking another mans life is ok?
No judgment just curious

He didn't make any passive aggressive insinuations - but you sure read that into what he wrote. You went off the deep end - not him IMO
No one knows the details of the case yet. Calm down
Old 05-16-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinebeers View Post

No judgment just curious
Why are you jumping in 3rd party? That used to result in a suspension when your response is nothing more that looking for an obvious fight.

Read again carefully what SOONER said, then my response.

(Let me get it for you so there is no confusion)

Sooner -> "I'm just waiting for the facts of what transpired that day to finally come out in public, then we will know. You don't just go hunting and end up dead."

implying he knows something we do not, which is that they were out hunting.

Notice I asked him how he knew they were hunting? Important point.

Again, just for you;

'How do you know they were "just out hunting"?'

now for your little passive aggressive insult- it was not. You chose to read it that way and jump into the discussion with both feet trying to sway the discussion to whatever your intention is. I know your intention, you know it, but I am not going to reiterate it.

I should not answer your little trolling question about killing someone, being that it is a very touchy subject on an outdoorsmen thread, and the truth is I have never been in that position so how the hell would I know? It is illegal to kill someone in Canada for any reason. The only time a Judge will not throw you in jail is if you can prove without doubt there was an active aggressive attempt to end your life and you had no option to flee or evade that would not result in your death.

You should maybe read more and type less.

Old 05-16-2022, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Unfortunately this trial will be highly influenced be the media and politics regardless if they are guilty or innocent

I have no clue what took place nor will I pretend to so I am not going to pick a side
I agree, while I have no idea as to what actually happened, I am thinking that the media and politicians will try to use this case to promote political agendas.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I agree, while I have no idea as to what actually happened, I am thinking that the media and politicians will try to use this case to promote political agendas.
I agree with that. Don't know either what actually happened. Wasn't there.

Having said that, instead of speculating, let's wait and see what evidence will be produced at the trial. And of course the verdict.

Media can spin it however they wish. Most of us, I believe, are aware of that.

But, at the end of the day, there will be a decision, and not all will like it...
Old 05-16-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

I don't. Its the narrative out there since this happened, they were just out hunting. I believe there must be more to the story then were hearing but will wait for the trial to put out the facts, then we will know.
Closed Thread