Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 05:48 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post
Next time you should make your post on Friday.
Then it's old news and we work on speculation around here....get with the program

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-15-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
It's hard to argue that laws are not stacked against us Whiteys in Canada.

Grizz
Yes, racism and bigotry should infuriate all of us, all of the time, not just when it effects us.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmsmith View Post
https://globalnews.ca/news/7177931/g...metis-hunters/

Article about the family hearing or reading a lot of racist people accusing the metis hunters for committing a crime. The police are on record in this article saying there were no crimes being committed.

Surprised this forum wasnt pointed out. The first thread after this happened had a lot of know it alls claiming there were crimes being committed by the metis hunters.

Acknowledging local intel that there was possibly an attempted theft leading up to the altercation doesn't make those people racist. That's people keeping an open mind to the situation and not putting all their faith in the media that these days only wants to portray one side of the story(which up to this point has happened).
The RCMP out there don't even respond to or know about a lot of the crime out in that area, their statement that no previous crime was committed doesn't mean much to the rural residents out there IMO.....
Old 07-15-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magtime View Post
Acknowledging local intel that there was possibly an attempted theft leading up to the altercation doesn't make those people racist. That's people keeping an open mind to the situation and not putting all their faith in the media that these days only wants to portray one side of the story(which up to this point has happened).
exactly
Old 07-15-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
https://globalnews.ca/news/7177931/g...metis-hunters/

Article about the family hearing or reading a lot of racist people accusing the metis hunters for committing a crime. The police are on record in this article saying there were no crimes being committed.

Surprised this forum wasnt pointed out. The first thread after this happened had a lot of know it alls claiming there were crimes being committed by the metis hunters.
I was watching the news the other night. The head of the NDP was complaining about the Police not killing the guy who went nuts and went to the Prime
Minister s house. He was upset that they didn't shoot him because he was white.

In rural Alberta for the most part everybody knows everybody. If you have a bad rep you might as well move away because nobody will have anything to do with you.
I know natives and none of them are being shunned because they are native.
In your link it said the guy had to move away because of racism?? Then he went back to go hunting?

If someone plays that race card when it has nothing to do with race it makes everything so toxic for everybody.

If this was a crazy racist land owner I hope he rots in jail.
If those guys where up to no good and got killed, well good for them.
I have no flipping idea what happened or who to believe. But I dont have much faith in the media or the courts right now.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:49 AM

well it grows really old when peoples backs are against the wall they will use any tactic to spin off the truth or build their case....in this situation given the world today...racism is thrown around and gets more attention from the media and any weak minded person that jumps on social media and spews off...their day in court will come soon enough....I see nothing other then something bad went down and people died...I do feel sorry for the family's involved, kids especially.....

Old 07-15-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
well it grows really old when peoples backs are against the wall they will use any tactic to spin off the truth or build their case....in this situation given the world today...racism is thrown around and gets more attention from the media and any weak minded person that jumps on social media and spews off...their day in court will come soon enough....I see nothing other then something bad went down and people died...I do feel sorry for the family's involved, kids especially.....
I feel bad for the families to. Has to be so hard,plus they were not there and did nothing wrong
Old 07-15-2020, 05:28 PM

There’s a whole lot of white people who have no use for natives and a lot of natives have no use for white people. Then there’s us Métis, no one likes us.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr View Post
There’s a whole lot of white people who have no use for natives and a lot of natives have no use for white people. Then there’s us Métis, no one likes us.

I’m not going to speak for everyone here, but I personally couldn’t give a rip whether a person is Métis, African, Himalayan, Pakistani or “white”. If they are a decent human being, they’re ok in my books. I think playing the victim all the time and saying things like “no one likes us” does no good for moving away from racism, because it’s largely not the case.

Just one mans opinion.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram94 View Post
I’m not going to speak for everyone here, but I personally couldn’t give a rip whether a person is Métis, African, Himalayan, Pakistani or “white”. If they are a decent human being, they’re ok in my books. I think playing the victim all the time and saying things like “no one likes us” does no good for moving away from racism, because it’s largely not the case.

Just one mans opinion.

People need to judge less & look after their own backyard.

Most of all judge one another by character, actions and morality....NOT the color of their skin.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually.. Not true.. It wasn't until they started demanding the same rights that the Indians have.. Prior to that I found the Metis were looked upon with some reverence and very cool back story. Now.. Not so much. White guys look down their nose, Indians are ****ed they are stealing their thunder.. Only so much of the pie to go around you know....
Old 07-15-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:

You have experienced this?

Do you bring it on yourself?

Seems there is a big chip on your shoulder and it isnt ripple.

I spent every summer for 16 years right next to the Elizabeth Settlement and never experienced anything out of the ordinary because they were browner than us, other than jealousy for their hair and tans.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-15-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I took what you said as a joke and laughed.
I'm thinking others took you the wrong way?
There used to be a TV show called North of 60. It was filmed in Bragg creek and Calgary back in the 90 s. The Natives all though they didn't call themselves natives then used to make remarks about metis and whites that agreed with what you said.
Haha didn't bother me. I still loved that show. Part of the movie town is still there. The rest got washed away in the flood. We go up there and visit it about every ten years.

Anyway if we were all just Canadians with the same rights everybody wouldn't be so on edge about everything.

I'm not trying to make anybody angry or feel bad.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:55 PM

Quote:
A Métis buddy of mine used to say something very similar. I’m pretty sure your comment was in jest too. At least my buddy used to say it as a joke.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:09 AM

On this mornings global news broadcast they reported that the RCMP have confirmed the pair were not doing anything illegal.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Perhaps....speaking for myself I take each person on case to case basis....person....nothing else.....nothing more....just them.

If you get caught up as you say then those people are truly missing out on meeting some great people.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
A Métis buddy of mine used to say something very similar. I’m pretty sure your comment was in jest too. At least my buddy used to say it as a joke.
Ya I sometimes have a dry sense of humour, hopefully I didn’t offend the mob, lol
Old 07-16-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Actually.. Not true.. It wasn't until they started demanding the same rights that the Indians have.. Prior to that I found the Metis were looked upon with some reverence and very cool back story. Now.. Not so much. White guys look down their nose, Indians are ****ed they are stealing their thunder.. Only so much of the pie to go around you know....
so, you disagree with me, then justify why what I said is true, now that’s funny. Oxymoron much.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:56 AM

Growing up with a massive Aboriginal population in PA and working in corrections, I can chime in that yes, some people really do NOT like others based on skin color or ancestry.
Also worked with guys from India and Pakistan whose hatred of each other make Aboriginal/white issues seem miniscule. Quite eye opening actually.

In the end, I suspect most people wre pretty normal, take others at face value based on the individual interaction rather than “grouping”, but there will always be those that have something brewing in them. Hopefully these types have minimal impact on us as it just isnt worth it, life is too short to be angry all the time.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:01 AM

Default Metis

Quote:
Possibly metis are true Canadians. Natives moved here 8000 years ago across the ice bridge by Alaska and white people came here 500 years ago from Europe by boat, while Metis originated here. Don`t get down on yourself.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
Possibly metis are true Canadians. Natives moved here 8000 years ago across the ice bridge by Alaska and white people came here 500 years ago from Europe by boat, while Metis originated here. Don`t get down on yourself.
That’s true, no Métis anywhere else in the world, thanks, you made me smile
Old 07-16-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD111 View Post
Growing up with a massive Aboriginal population in PA and working in corrections, I can chime in that yes, some people really do NOT like others based on skin color or ancestry.
Also worked with guys from India and Pakistan whose hatred of each other make Aboriginal/white issues seem miniscule. Quite eye opening actually.

In the end, I suspect most people wre pretty normal, take others at face value based on the individual interaction rather than “grouping”, but there will always be those that have something brewing in them. Hopefully these types have minimal impact on us as it just isnt worth it, life is too short to be angry all the time.
good post
Old 07-16-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
That’s true, no Métis anywhere else in the world, thanks, you made me smile
Keep smilin Nayr, I think you're deadly...

Old 07-16-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Keep smilin Nayr, I think you're deadly...

CK???
Old 07-16-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
CK???
Yeah.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:48 PM

the crown lawyers plan to ask the court to fast track the trial for the 2 guys charged with murder in this case.

The reporter who tweeted this info mentioned a direct indictment would bypass a preliminary inquiry so the trial would happen faster.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:04 PM

I just read there's a publication ban on the bail hearings. Seems wierd?
Old 07-29-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
the crown lawyers plan to ask the court to fast track the trial for the 2 guys charged with murder in this case.

The reporter who tweeted this info mentioned a direct indictment would bypass a preliminary inquiry so the trial would happen faster.
If I was a defense lawyer Id'd be opposing this diligently. A lot of unpleasant facts from the Crowns point of view would come out come out and the public will be denied the right to know. It would minimize any sympathy for the defendants and avoid the Colton Boushie debacle. Legal lynching fast tracked.

Grizz
Old 07-29-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:

This needs to be handled by the book, no short cuts.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly adams View Post
if i was a defense lawyer id'd be opposing this diligently. A lot of unpleasant facts from the crowns point of view would come out come out and the public will be denied the right to know. It would minimize any sympathy for the defendants and avoid the colton boushie debacle. Legal lynching fast tracked.

Grizz
agreed
Closed Thread