Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 PM

Thumbs down Campsite fees rising - Alberta Budget

Just read that these fees are going up http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ta-budget.html

Personally I think the fees are already too high. This is the another reason why I camp on Crown land. I sure hope that stays free..

How does everyone else feel about campsite fees in the province?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:23 PM

Depends on the increase. Thought I too think the fees are pretty pricey... I mean up to $35/night? What exactly am I getting for that? It's not like the province has land expenses they need to recover.

I'm curious how much of this goes to the bottom line of the private company that runs the campgrounds. Are they making a huge return at the camper's expense? I don't know, and neither do any of us because it's not disclosed.

That's a problem. If the province is going to hand out operating arrangements like that, ones that guarntee a profit, we should all be in the loop.

Kind of sick of these PCs to be honest. The whole province is run this way, kind of like in Eygpt where all the leader's friends get the political dollars. There is nothing conservative about this bunch when they are dolling to their friends.