Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-09-2024, 08:25 PM

I came across this guy watching YouTube videos a couple of years ago.

Per his Instagram post that you guys put on, here are his (3) charged offenses:

Killed a Ram in the ghost river wilderness area.
Shot a moose that was under his cameramen's tag.
His wife shot a bear in BC and he applied his own bear tag to the animal.

My own opinion about each offense:

I think the killing of the ram in the ghost river wilderness area is a pretty big offense. He admits it and seems to sincerely be sorry about the error. He claims he did not know the boundaries he was in. I don't hunt in that area but still I only learned of this wilderness area in the last few years. I think someone should be charged/fined for harvesting an animal there since you should be aware of the area you are hunting in and know the boundaries.

Killing a moose using his buddies/partners tag...
I bet 1/2 the people out there hunting moose share a tag with a buddy. Alberta even gives you an option to assign a partner to your tag. They still hunted a moose with a legal tag and tagged it after harvesting. To me this is a pretty minor infraction compared to the first offense. The worst infraction here is that they didn't fill out their government paper work to assign the partner license.

Same as above, the guy was with his wife and she took the shot and he tagged the animal with his legal tag. To me seems pretty inconsequential.

Honestly I like the guy and I think his videos are very well done. Hope he learned a lesson and keeps making videos. (Unless there is something more shady to the story than I've seen, I've only watched his YouTube videos so maybe somebody knows something more than I do)

Last edited by capncrunch1111; 02-09-2024 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:08 PM

His big Alberta bull elk video is super fishy. Not too many places that I know of have general rifles tags, in September, with that vegetation/topography. I basically stopped watching him when that video came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2024, 09:40 PM

If you plan on hunting in K country, you better know where the boundaries are..
That place is cut up like Swiss cheese, and the CO are everywhere.
Old 02-10-2024, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrown View Post
His big Alberta bull elk video is super fishy. Not too many places that I know of have general rifles tags, in September, with that vegetation/topography. I basically stopped watching him when that video came out.

X2
Old 02-10-2024, 10:53 AM

So agree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
The fines should have been larger, more along the lines of $ 50 to $ 100, 000. And hunting licenses as well as the firearms licenses should have been suspended for a couple of years at least. This is a slap on the wrist for people who have abused and profited from the weak laws we have to exploit wildlife in Canada.
Old 02-10-2024, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
The fines should have been larger, more along the lines of $ 50 to $ 100, 000. And hunting licenses as well as the firearms licenses should have been suspended for a couple of years at least. This is a slap on the wrist for people who have abused and profited from the weak laws we have to exploit wildlife in Canada.
I agree the fines and suspensions don't seem to be much of a detomrant !!!
Everyone know the rules and regs before they start
Old 02-10-2024, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Albertas F&W released this statement today on FB.

A recent investigation by Fish and Wildlife officers resulted in convictions under the Wildlife Act of two individuals who received fines totaling more than $25,000.

A joint investigation was conducted with assistance from the B.C. Conservation Officer Service after it was determined that offences occurred in Alberta and B.C. between August 2020 and September 2021.

Their convictions include hunting without a licence, hunting in a closed season, unlawful possession of wildlife, unlawful export of wildlife, providing false information, as well as abusing licence requirements in relation to the killing of bighorn sheep, antlered moose and antlered elk within a protected wilderness area.

Significant fines related to illegal hunting activity serve as a strong deterrent to any would-be poachers. Anyone with information about any wildlife or fishery violation is encouraged to call the 24-hour Report A Poacher line at 1-800-642-3800, or online at https://www.alberta.ca/report-poacher.aspx
Callers can remain anonymous and could qualify for a reward

Here is BC’s statement naming Alpine Carnivore

The BC Conservation Officer Service received a request for assistance from Alberta Fish and Wildlife officers. The COS launched a joint investigation after additional wildlife-related offences were found to have occurred in BC.
Over two years until the spring of 2022, the COS General Investigations Section jointly investigated six locations across the province; executed three search warrants – including on a home and hunting TV show Alpine Carnivore business office - and seized numerous unlawfully killed wildlife from both BC and Alberta, as well as a rifle.
These BC searches helped secure multiple pieces of evidence, including sheep and moose parts that were later matched by DNA analysis to kill sites in Alberta. Shell casings from the sheep kill in Alberta also matched the firearm officers seized in BC.
“These actions showed a blatant disregard for fish and wildlife laws in BC and beyond. Unfortunately, cross-border poaching is not an unusual occurrence,” said COS Insp. Kyle Ackles, who oversees the GIS. “This was a complex file that was concluded due to the dedication and co-operation from our officers and colleagues in Alberta. We’d like to thank them for their tireless efforts.”
Court proceedings have now concluded in BC.
In BC court proceedings, Michel Beaulieu, host of the Alpine Carnivore TV show, pleaded guilty to allowing his hunting licence to be used by another party and received a $4,500 penalty.
Lynn Beaulieu pleaded guilty to hunting without a licence and received a $2,000 penalty. Both are also banned from hunting for one year.
All seized wildlife has been forfeited to the Crown.
I think you and i have a conversation a long time ago about this guy when we found his youtube channel. Guess we were right....
Old 02-10-2024, 02:51 PM

In his Instagram pitty video he says they purchased a moose tag from an outfitter in Alberta. How exactly did he do this? Is he a licensed outfitter that is able to lease a tag? Is his buddy who's name the tag was in a licensed outfitter? All outfitter tag holders must be accompanied by a licensed guide at all times during the hunt. What outfitter did they get this tag from and which outfitter would allow someone other than the name on the tag to shoot a moose? This does not add up to me.
Old 02-10-2024, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
X2
That’s the one that I feel most fishy about
Old 02-10-2024, 04:39 PM

Couldn't figure out his shows, hunting in BC then in AB. and no guide, just go! Now I know!
Recently posted a response on social media to the convictions and used being from Ontario and the laws there as an explanation for his mistakes. Aren't the rules the same everywhere?? And no signs up there to tell me where I am! I understand making a mistake and especially when it comes to knowing the boundary's in the hills, it is not easy, but it is still the hunters responsibility. In his latest response in my opinion his comments make him look like he seems to think he considers himself above the regs/law, he comments that he has hunted in Ontario for many years. Did he know the regs/laws in Ontario or just buy tags and figure its all wide open, because I'm here?
A head shaker for sure!!
Old 02-10-2024, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEDHEAD View Post
In his Instagram pitty video he says they purchased a moose tag from an outfitter in Alberta. How exactly did he do this? Is he a licensed outfitter that is able to lease a tag? Is his buddy who's name the tag was in a licensed outfitter? All outfitter tag holders must be accompanied by a licensed guide at all times during the hunt. What outfitter did they get this tag from and which outfitter would allow someone other than the name on the tag to shoot a moose? This does not add up to me.
That’s not exactly true. If you look in the regulations under outfitted hunts, the outfitter can leave the client in a blind or stand for the day. The hunter isn’t allowed to leave the blind or stand without the outfitter. This moose hunt doesn’t appear to be that type of hunt.
Old 02-10-2024, 06:07 PM

The sheep and moose tags are a head scratcher for sure. Was this a Covid rules thing?

-Billy Molls
Old 02-10-2024, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEDHEAD View Post
Good questions. And why wasn’t the buddy also charged? And maybe the outfitter too?
Old 02-10-2024, 08:27 PM

We need to understand that some TV guys will bend rules for views. They have no idea half the time how many people are watching via cams and scopes. Not all TV guys. The pressure to harvest must really mess with their morals. No excuses. You will lose your sponsors fair and square. Until the next personality comes along. Need more hot ladies in there anyways. Better TV.

Old 02-10-2024, 10:10 PM

Opportunistic commercial POACHER- plain and simple. Disgusting.
Old 02-11-2024, 07:50 AM

From this article… more charges are coming.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...vore-1.7111438

Quote:
B.C. court records show the couple are still facing several other illegal hunting charges.

The Beaulieus are charged with a combined three counts of failing to comply with the terms of a permit in relation to a January 2022 incident in Kelowna. Michel Beaulieu is accused of hunting or carrying a firearm without a licence in Beaverdell, B.C., in April 2022.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-11-2024, 08:40 AM

Guy looks like a rat and in the end is one. I hope this is the end of any monetization for him. What a freakin loser !
Old 02-11-2024, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
From this article… more charges are coming.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...vore-1.7111438
Also not surprised he is still under investigation for other possible incidents
Old 02-11-2024, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Think he’s from Alberta. Also could be Métis
Both of them are from Alberta and I think he still has a roofing business in Calgary and Edmonton, "Advanced Level Roofing". There's still a long list of new offences in the Salmon Arm area that are going to court.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:26 AM

Just watched another new YouTube vid where it appears there are 2 non-residents hunting mule deer without a guide present. To me it looks like just the 2 guys and they are filming each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oIKOaV78ys&t=0s
Old 02-11-2024, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Just watched another new YouTube vid where it appears there are 2 non-residents hunting mule deer without a guide present. To me it looks like just the 2 guys and they are filming each other.

Report to authorities?
Old 02-11-2024, 11:23 AM

Quote:

Maybe find out what is going on there first before jumping to conclusions?

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2024, 12:09 PM

He obviously gave false coordinates meaning he knew he was in a wild life refugee or else they would have confiscated that ram that day he had it registered
Old 02-11-2024, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrown View Post

Was that elk also shot in a refugee? Is that the one they are referring to?
Old 02-11-2024, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summit151 View Post
He obviously gave false coordinates meaning he knew he was in a wild life refugee or else they would have confiscated that ram that day he had it registered
Very good point.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2024, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Maybe find out what is going on there first before jumping to conclusions?
I said it appears to be the case. There’s some panning around shots and it looks like just the 2 of them
Old 02-11-2024, 02:56 PM

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2024, 03:00 PM

This guy who got busted for poaching along with his wife should pay the fines and quit trying to weasel his way out of the charges. " You broke the law , now pay the fine". He knew what he was doing, so I have no sympathy for him.
Old 02-11-2024, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Doesn’t change the perception that the guides were not present.
Old 02-11-2024, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Doesn’t change the perception that the guides were not present.
It doesn’t make your accusation correct either.

-Billy Molls