Default ah! kijiji,ca

hi

kijiji.ca
i could type words on this subject till midnight but i, wouldn't,

yes sold to some very great people. and been bullied by local auto mechanical
person

there are good people out there So keep trying i have small stiff listed
and yes they dont always show up.
my new thing i do is if there answer is one word answers I block there email and phone number. that gets great email coming in
Old 05-23-2017, 11:51 AM

I love it when you call the seller on Kijiji and tell him you are driving 5 hours to see his boat and he sells it from under you when you are about 20 minutes away. That really makes my day.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:13 PM

The thread title "Kijiji Flakes" sounds like a new dog vomit flavoured breakfast cereal.
It's a necessary evil unfortunately. People are people and that won't change regardless of what site you use. I like Kijiji. I don't like Kijiji flakes
Old 05-23-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak77 View Post
The attachment is NSFW but reflects this conversation beautifully.
That's awesome.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:36 PM

My policy is I don't respond unless the email has a greeting (Hi, Hey, Hello etc) Has at least one complete sentence, followed by a salutation (thanks, see ya, regards etc)

And I put that in my adds, no two word emails etc, you wouldn't walk up to a stranger and speak like that. That being said I have had some great conversations and met good people. But can't stand the jack@$$es that say they're coming then they don't or don't respond.

I just asked for a few quotes for some bobcat work. Prices too high and I'm too cheap so politley emailed back and thanked them for their time but said we'll do something else. They thanked me for letting them know. Common courtesey goes a long ways.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:23 PM

Default Kijiji Flakes

Gee lots of negative Kijiji experiences, some people have no values, and here I felt bad going up to Red Deer from Calgary to look at an item on Kijiji told the seller I would be there at 10:00 Sat morning I arrived 18 minutes late and apologized for my tardiness.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little red riding hood View Post
I'd take payments... but he doesn't pick it up until the last payment is made!

I was thinking that too. $200/month by the time I deducted storage and my very very high interest rate, plus the fact that they would have to provide me with proof of insurance, I could drag those payments out for 10 years and he'd have an antique by then!
Old 05-23-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBI View Post
The ones that really get me ticked off are the ones that wouldn't take more than one crappy pic of the item .

For just a few moments more , one could take two or three plus pics and upload them

Case in point , I've been looking for a used dishwasher ( $ 150 or less ) for our cabin .

some have one pic of the outside front of dishwasher ( gee , I can see that its a dishwasher vs a stove ) but maybe get a little closer

Or in a couple of cases , it's out in the garage with all sorts of stuff piled on it . ( they did renos , bought new ones bla bla bla )

One had 4 pics of the front , you almost could even tell they moved position between pics , but nothing from inside ....

do they not realize that a pic of the inside is just as important

and then they are asking very high price compared to comps .

and they'll repost it everyday .

Course there are ones that are old pos , but the seller does an excellent job of pics and description etc .

And it goes to the other extreme as well. I advertised a car a few years back, washed it up and took pics, one from the front, one from the back, one from the right side, another from the left side, interior and one last one of the speedometer/odometer. The pics were very clear and showed all of the vehicle. I described the entire vehicle in detail and posted the ad. The first response I got was "can you send me more pics?" I responded no, as there was nothing that I could take a pic of that wasn't shown in the ones I posted or described and that if he was interested then he should come and look at the car in person. That was the last I heard from him.