Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Banned

Default How the rest of the world views Trump

How do allies, or perhaps better stated, former allies, view Trump?

In a view words, as an uneducated child who has no idea of world politics beyond his own version of things. Just look back on how Merkel had to teach him about what the Eurozone was all about, and Xi Jinping about the realities in Asia.

Now, this flaming editorial from Der Speigel, in english. Who/what is Der Speigel? Only the most read and respected news magazine in Germany itself, and in Europe generally. Trump has become a laughing stock of the world, a dangerous laughing stock, but a laughing stock nevertheless.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1148471.html
Old 05-19-2017, 11:24 AM

There's no denying that Trump is a clown, but I'm not sure Merkel has much to teach anyone, other than how to destroy your own country from the inside.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta270 View Post

In a view words, as an uneducated child who has no idea of world politics beyond his own version of things. Just look back on how Merkel had to teach him about what the Eurozone was all about, and Xi Jinping about the realities in Asia.

Now, this flaming editorial from Der Speigel, in english. Who/what is Der Speigel? Only the most read and respected news magazine in Germany itself, and in Europe generally. Trump has become a laughing stock of the world, a dangerous laughing stock, but a laughing stock nevertheless.

Let me get this straight. A German editor is calling on Americans and the international community (!!) to usurp the presidency?! Now I've heard it all.

I've never heard anything quite so simple minded in the media in my life. Maybe he should head over to Weekly World News.

How does the rest of the world view the "little potato"?

Oh, never mind...

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 05-19-2017, 01:02 PM

It's so much more meaningful in the original German.

I wouldn't expect a positive review of Trump from a German editorial.

The reality is, the average German really has no love lost for the "Ammis" (Americans). Has been that way for many years.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
It's so much more meaningful in the original German.

I wouldn't expect a positive review of Trump from a German editorial.

The reality is, the average German really has no love lost for the "Ammis" (Americans). Has been that way for many years.
Nor do the French, the Irish and many Brits from the ones I have talked to. However, they have at least respected the office of the President, no matter who sat in it.... until now.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:12 PM
Banned

Default Straight From The Commander In Chief

Here is the real news.

Want to know what President Trump is doing without all of the fake news BS? Just watch this once a week and you will know!

Go Trump Go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paZk7vf39ZQ
Old 05-19-2017, 01:15 PM

It makes logical sense that people outside the US would view Trump the same way as he is viewed within the US.

He's going to have his dedicated followers who will proclaim him the saviour, the guy that can't be corrupted and the true hero to save american jobs and the economy and stand up for the little man. He's also viewed by this group to be the catalyst of reform for the government, which, in the case of the US, is a real concern with both parties and ideologies.

Others who see him as a completely arrogant, ignorant, narcissistic moron with zero impulse control who is a compulsive liar who isn't even smart enough to keep his own lies straight.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

The Germans, and most progressive European Nations are probably not used to such an extremely polarising figure coming out of the US.

He had the most golden opportunity ever given to any outsider (non politician) to actually change things ..... but my personal opinion is ...... he may have just closed that door for another 50 years.

Trust me when I tell you, I wish I was wrong. I had a feeling Trump would turn out precisely as he has, and was concerned about his candidacy (and subsequent election to office).

After all, Hillary was a terrible choice (for many of the same reasons, albeit less obvious to the average person maybe).

The guy isn't what we (or America more importantly) needs.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:13 PM

Talking Leave it to the Finns . . .

This just in from Finland ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Ymr9E7u1Y

Selkirk
Old 05-19-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
There's no denying that Trump is a clown, but I'm not sure Merkel has much to teach anyone, other than how to destroy your own country from the inside.
She taught him what the EU is and how it works, since he has no political background, experience or understanding of how political systems work, as proven by his many ridiculous and downright dumb statements before the election and during his presidency.
Besides that she could also teach him how a country half the size of Alberta with no real natural resources passed the USA as export leader 20 years ago (which the USA didn't manage to change again in all that time) or how Germany managed to grow exports by nearly 20% in her last two terms since the recession in 2009, with an unemployment rate at a record low of 3.8%.
Funny how people condemn her only concentrating on the immigration issue while obviously having no clue about what they are talking about.
Especially when you have a look at how the federal and provincial government that are currently running this country and province are so incredibly successful uniting this country or getting anything done
Old 05-19-2017, 06:30 PM

As much as I would like to see Trump gone, I actually think Pence may be just as bad in another way. What happens if both get tossed? Ryan or some other?
Old 05-19-2017, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
As much as I would like to see Trump gone, I actually think Pence may be just as bad in another way. What happens if both get tossed? Ryan or some other?
I'd be worried if Kim Jong-un decided to start a nuclear war on a Sunday.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
The only advantage that Pence would provide is competence and the lack of chaos. His policies? Way to whack-a-do for me. But at least discussion would be on policy, not the chaos that Trump provides.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:07 PM

Really, it doesn't matter what the media says about Trump. All one needs to do is listen to him, read his Tweets, and consider the spew that comes out of his mouth. I'd like to think that the average person with basic cognitive abilities and the power of reason, could then apply some critical thinking, and come to their own conclusions on the man. He is completely unfit to be President of the United States. Period. Doll it up any way you want, but the man is a psychiatrist's wet dream, the book deals and billable hours alone could buy you a nice island in the Caribbean. The idea of him having the 'football' to launch nuclear warheads is certainly entertaining. I have a running bet on whether he is impeached first, or starts a nuclear war first. He is a complete ego driven narcissist, incapable of empathy or even the basic concept of self doubt. To be his 'adviser' is to be a Yes Man, or to be fired. He doesn't want to receive wise council on anything, he merely wants to be affirmed on his decisions, regardless of how warped or insane they may be.

Ok, done with my critique on Trump, hopefully we can discuss this at great length without worrying about radioactive fallout. Cheers.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-19-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338 Rules View Post
Here is the real news.

Want to know what President Trump is doing without all of the fake news BS? Just watch this once a week and you will know!

Go Trump Go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paZk7vf39ZQ
LIKE !!
Old 05-19-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywiththemule View Post
LIKE !!
Me likey too.

Despite all the whining and bellyaching from those enthralled with the mainstream media's propaganda, I'm willing to bet the silent majority is still very much there.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Banned

Looks like Russia is having a field day laughing at Trump in meetings in Europe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b034684b0c834f
Old 05-19-2017, 10:14 PM

I find it ironic to see Canadians making such a big fuss about Trump, while Canada has an incompetent fool as a leader.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I find it ironic to see Canadians making such a big fuss about Trump, while Canada has an incompetent fool as a leader.
Canada has always had an incompetent fool as a leader as well as the US.

It just blows my mind that a competent individual cannot be found to lead 35 million people let alone 350 million.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post

It just blows my mind that a competent individual cannot be found to lead 35 million people let alone 350 million.
One doesn't have to agree with their policies, but Harper, Chretien, Mulroney were all competent.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
One doesn't have to agree with their policies, but Harper, Chretien, Mulroney were all competent.
I agree. It's easy to say they were competent after their fall. I'll agree Harper was competent, Chretien so so, but Mulroney blew it when he had a kid.
I heard Kim Campbell use to make a great cup of coffee. Now that's competency!!!! Could you have imagined if she had been caught getting a little from an intern how it would have changed Canadian politics?
Old 05-20-2017, 05:53 AM

Quote:

People don't necessarily get get elected by being competent, they get elected by greasing palms, stretching the truth (if not out right lying), making election promises they never intend to keep, creating false hope, etc. etc. No wonder no one likes politicians!
Old 05-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
I agree. It's easy to say they were competent after their fall. I'll agree Harper was competent, Chretien so so, but Mulroney blew it when he had a kid.
I heard Kim Campbell use to make a great cup of coffee. Now that's competency!!!! Could you have imagined if she had been caught getting a little from an intern how it would have changed Canadian politics?
Mulroney laid two important foundation elements for the Canadian economy, GST and the free trade agreements. Even Chretien admitted that after he resigned.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:17 AM
Gone Hunting

Maybe we should have a thread on how the world views Junior?...or maybe just a joke page.....
Old 05-20-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Maybe we should have a thread on how the world views Junior?...or maybe just a joke page.....
Oddly enough, while posters are defending other former PMS, nobody is claiming that he is competent. Yet much of central and eastern Canadians voted for the moron.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:08 AM
Banned

How the rest of the world views Trump?

Sure looks like "The Red Carpet Treatment" to me. Really happy to see that he wasn't holding hands like Bush did.

I believe Trump is going to ink a 200 Billion Dollar Arms deal with the Saudis today, not bad for a days work.

What if any deals has Jr. signed?

Old 05-20-2017, 08:15 AM

You sure have opinions on trump. How is Donald affecting your life?

Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1984.jpg (137.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 05-20-2017, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Well I read "The Art of The Deal" and have applied some of the principles in my business life, which has allowed me to prosper as a business owner.

In terms of how he effects my life in general, I smile every time I see him speak, so he makes me happy. Sure is nice to see a President with a brain finally, we have not seen that since Ronald Reagan IMO.

So I would say he has a positive influence on me.

PS: Like your Thumbnail
Old 05-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post

I, like most people in the world, are concerned about the unstable, chaotic, narcissistic individual who has his fingers on the nuclear button. I, as a Canadian, am concerned about how his insular view on the USA will affect our economy, and especially our exports, other than perhaps oil and gas.

If those basic issues do not concern you, I wonder why?
Old 05-20-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Trump has become a
laughing stock of the world, a dangerous
laughing stock, but a
laughing stock nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338 Rules View Post
..Just look at all that laughter...silly players playing checkers.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
..Just look at all that laughter...silly players playing checkers.
Oh, I forgot. The highly respected Saudi's. Of 9/11 fame. Now I remember.