Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-16-2017, 01:56 PM

Default New Podcast episode up!!!!!

Our 4th episode of our Alberta back country DYI Podcast is up for free download.

What's in your day pack?

Mike and me sit down and go through what packs we use for day hunts and why. We made lists of our day hunting pack's contents and speak about the things we think are important and our reasoning based on our experiences and experiences of some friends.
Even tho we hunt together our lists aren't the same and I think I learned some new things just from talking about what Mike carries.

Plus we talk hunting boot selection, our experiences and how it seems like a crap shoot.
find us at:
highlanderhunting.podbean.com

searchable on Itunes and Google Play as:
Highlander Hunting Podcast
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HH wire reel.jpg (24.1 KB, 80 views)
Old 05-16-2017, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have a listen on the way home from work.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have a listen on the way home from work.
Thanks Reaver.
Hope you like it.

If you like it can you rate it on iTunes? Thats the only way to get into their search engine, so I've been told.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:17 PM

Update on episode three. Recipies mentioned in this podcast have been posted on our facebook page now.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:25 PM

Default New Member and New Listener.

Being a new member to the board and an avid listener to podcasts I was really excited to find a podcast made by fellow Calgarians. Your podcasts were great!
I binge listened to them all haha.

Having just got my PAL and my first rifle, Mark II G .22LR, this podcast is a great listen for those like myself who aspire to one day hunt big game and harvest meat for the family. I really enjoyed the light heartedness of this podcast. It was also nice hearing about how to get the kids and wives involved. With the daughter being 15 months and a baby boy on the way, you guys did a really good job shining light on how to make shooting and hunting something for the whole family.

I know you both mentioned your ADD concerning a couple topics haha and I was wondering if you guys were able to compile a list of tools/equipment for a first time hunter/searcher. you guys mentioned that good boots and a good bag were essentials. I'm just trying to slowly get together other things that i might not know of, tricks of the trade persie.

Thanks so much and hope you guys keep making them!

Ruben A
Old 05-17-2017, 10:46 PM

Default Gear list

Thanks for the thumbs up! Our gear list is now up on Facebook and can be found at this link:

https://m.facebook.com/highlanderhun...=page_internal

Have a look guys, if you have any questions feel free to contact us at highlanderhuntingpodcast@gmail.com or if you have any suggestions of people you would like hear interviewed, or topics covered. Thanks for listening!!
Old 05-18-2017, 05:26 PM

This is great, and kudos to you guys for actually doing it when most just talk about doing.

A little constructive critisism, and keep in mind I know you are still learning and will no doubt progress with time... sound quality and intros go along way with getting good reviews/more listeners. Better gear will improve sound quality, but again thats probably further in the podcasts future. If technology isn't your stronf point (its not mine) you can hire someone experienced to do you up a quick intro. Fine tuning will do wonders for this podcast.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing you guys progress!
Old 05-19-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF8889 View Post
This is great, and kudos to you guys for actually doing it when most just talk about doing.

A little constructive critisism, and keep in mind I know you are still learning and will no doubt progress with time... sound quality and intros go along way with getting good reviews/more listeners. Better gear will improve sound quality, but again thats probably further in the podcasts future. If technology isn't your stronf point (its not mine) you can hire someone experienced to do you up a quick intro. Fine tuning will do wonders for this podcast.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing you guys progress!
Thanks for the feedback.
We're definitely on a learning curve with the technology. Believe me, we are our strongest critics. I was happy with the acoustics in episode 4. Something with the volume we need to figure out.

The intro, I like the way they do it on the Gritty Bowmen podcast. Have some work to do to get to the point where we can mix like that.

It's been interesting to see the difference between subject matter and downloads. Further along we go with episodes should really point to what peoples preferences are.

Episode 5:
Chair of BHA Alberta. So politics and policy of conservation.
Thought it would be good to let them introduce themselves rather than letting others tell Albertans what they're all about.

Episode 6:
Optics- interview with a Vortex pro staff from Alberta. (tentative, not recorded yet)

We're open to topic suggestions as well. just email us. highlanderhuntingpodcast@gmail.com
Old 05-20-2017, 05:24 PM

Both sound like they will be good. I am on the fence with my membership with BHA so it'll be good to hear them talk
Old 05-22-2017, 09:11 PM

Default We reached 700 downloads on our first 4 episodes

Big thanks for the downloads. We broke 700 tonight.

Episode 5 is out tomorrow.
We interview the BHA chairman for Alberta.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2448.jpg (18.0 KB, 11 views)