Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
If your PM were to appear at the least he would have a very favorable American media more than willing to push any Canadian reservations or opposition thoughts on the deal. He gains nothing at all for the Canadian cause or people by not participating. Very odd.

Osky
Exactly. Or, 'Genau', as the Germans say. But as the Germans would also say about our JT, 'es ist noch kein Meister von Himmel gefallen'..... Which roughly translates into 'he isn't exactly a Master fallen from heaven' to bless the Canadian people.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-07-2020, 10:04 AM

Its funny how you guys whine on about Trudeau not going to a US led meeting due to a political disagreement....When the USA including Trump does this ALL THE TIME. Might want to go back over the last 10-20 years and see how many US state visits were cancelled because the host nation did or said something the US didn't like. Standard political strategy to send a message without causing all out war or trade battles.

I'm not Trudeau fan but in this case I would have done the same thing in not showing up. Trump is trying to change the negotiating game 100% in favor of the US. How long do you think it'll be before the first US challenge of this great USMCA happens? They've already said they are going to play hardball regardless. At this point the US is not a friend country and we should act accordingly. I am not ready to don my knee pads for Donald but sure seems there are few here ready to take one for the team LOL
Old 07-07-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
Its funny how you guys whine on about Trudeau not going to a US led meeting due to a political disagreement....When the USA including Trump does this ALL THE TIME. Might want to go back over the last 10-20 years and see how many US state visits were cancelled because the host nation did or said something the US didn't like. Standard political strategy to send a message without causing all out war or trade battles.

I'm not Trudeau fan but in this case I would have done the same thing in not showing up. Trump is trying to change the negotiating game 100% in favor of the US. How long do you think it'll be before the first US challenge of this great USMCA happens? They've already said they are going to play hardball regardless. At this point the US is not a friend country and we should act accordingly. I am not ready to don my knee pads for Donald but sure seems there are few here ready to take one for the team LOL
I also deeply resent, dislike Trudeau BUT I agree.

That administration has destroyed their relationships with Canada, Mexico, and the EU countries.

Pretty much ticked off every friend and trading partner, backstabbed every ally.

And now we should pay homage to him so he can screw us again?

Even a beaten dog doesn't come to you when you call him after you kick him each time he comes to you.

Yet it's hugs and kisses for Putin and Kim.

The US used to deeply trusted, globally respected.

When Trump puts his foot down Trump fans praise him, when Trudeau does we are all up in arms - completely hypocritical and so obviously evident - yet here we are 30 posts into this.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post

Well he is the President and doing what's best for his country, he is not shy about it. If our moron of a so called leader wasn't so spineless he should be there and try do what's best for this country.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
It's wrong because he was invited, the same as the Mexican President (who publicly urged him to come).....and just because the Don is an extremely difficult narcissist to deal with, doesn't mean that our 'leader' (using the term very loosely) shouldn't at least pretend to be an adult
Giving a narcissist an argument is like throwing gas on a fire. Starve the beast.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
Giving a narcissist an argument is like throwing gas on a fire. Starve the beast.
Unless you have dealt with a true narcissist most people cannot comprehend that statement.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:55 PM

It's to the point where if JT went, immediately he would be criticized for being spineless. If he he did not go, immediately he would be criticized for being spineless.

It comes to a point where that kind of knee jerk circular criticism of the guy starts to say more about the person criticizing, than it does about JT.

I can't stand JT, but I would not walk across the street for that moron in the white house. He has tried to jerk our chain several times, and as the saying goes, when you wrestle with a pig.....

The only thing that will satisfy me more than watching JT lose an election, is watching that other idiot down south lose, preferably on the same day. That would be great.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:39 PM

So I must have been fishing or something, sorry about that my fault, but can any of you guys show me the picture of your PM with a gun to his head being forced to sign this trade agreement?

Osky
Old 07-07-2020, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
So I must have been fishing or something, sorry about that my fault, but can any of you guys show me the picture of your PM with a gun to his head being forced to sign this trade agreement?

Osky
Our economy is tightly integrated with the US. Many of us who work across the border regularly like I do would have found ourselves out of a job right away. The manufacturers that have integrated their supply chains cross border would have been in absolute chaos. We are your largest market for agricultural exports and you are ours. It was not a nice thing to do and it would have caused brutal harm on both sides for what? You’ve gained an additional 5% of our managed dairy market. Whoohoo? Then to go ahead and put in place steel and aluminum tariffs because all of a sudden your closest military ally was a “threat to national security” was an additional slap in the face.

I’ve spent a decade building the skill set required so I could move to Colorado or Texas and I’ve been actively recruited to do so since 2017. I’m not interested any more.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschache View Post
How could he go and attend a celebration on the USMCA when Section 27 was implemented specifically for him and his Government? He has a lot of explaining to do about this and many other things like involvement in the transportation of uranium (Uranium 1)from the US via the Clinton's to Europe, Iran and North Korea. The alleged connections to the Bronfman family(NXIVM), Money laundering, Trudeau foundation connection to the Clinton Foundation and the list goes on but anyways here is the link to Section 27 of the USMCA and the other stuff is easily searchable.

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files...corruption.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterCommander View Post
He's hiding since Norman Verasty filed his papers.

This ^^^

He’s probably avoiding arrest
There’s so much else going on in the world right now as we wait for things to play out. We don’t know one way or the other what’s truly going on but it’s not only what the media feeds you
If you haven’t searched YouTube for Norman Verasty yet, it’s worth checking out
Old 07-07-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:

Osky
The agreement was signed by all three countries.

It was the US who changed the rules an decided not to honor the agreement as ratified.

Did anyone hold a gun to Trump's head? So why did he sign it ?

What am I missing here Osky?

You seem to be a pretty smart guy but you really are totally missing the point here.

Just consider how the shoe would fit on the other foot.

Just try and be fair.

Last edited by EZM; 07-07-2020 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
Our economy is tightly integrated with the US. Many of us who work across the border regularly like I do would have found ourselves out of a job right away. The manufacturers that have integrated their supply chains cross border would have been in absolute chaos. We are your largest market for agricultural exports and you are ours. It was not a nice thing to do and it would have caused brutal harm on both sides for what? You’ve gained an additional 5% of our managed dairy market. Whoohoo? Then to go ahead and put in place steel and aluminum tariffs because all of a sudden your closest military ally was a “threat to national security” was an additional slap in the face.

I’ve spent a decade building the skill set required so I could move to Colorado or Texas and I’ve been actively recruited to do so since 2017. I’m not interested any more.
Guys gotta do what a guys gotta do. I do believe however your eastern provinces are going to have more of a detrimental effect on you good people of Alberta than that trade agreement will.

Osky
Old 07-07-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Osky
The problem with NAFTA or whatever you call it now is this. At first it was fair. But you became so much of our economy. You became to important to us. This gives you to much leverage. Every time we have renewed the original free trade agreement I believe we have lost ground.
I don't want to trade with places like China.
We need to find other markets besides the US.
You guys have a lot of power around the world. Example Korea,Japan etc buy your beef more because of your military than anything else.
I dont know what the solution is. Its like a ma and pa business trying to work out a business deal with a multi national corporation.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Guys gotta do what a guys gotta do. I do believe however your eastern provinces are going to have more of a detrimental effect on you good people of Alberta than that trade agreement will.

Osky
Haha divide and conquer???
Old 07-07-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Haha divide and conquer???
That seems to be the plan being executed south of the border.

Never has the US been so divisive.

Now the Administration is looking for a plan to conquer and stay in power for perpetuity.

On a path toward a dictatorship. Just like the men and dictators he pals around with and admires.

We need a conservative leader who believes in the constitution and democracy.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
The agreement was signed by all three countries.

It was the US who changed the rules an decided not to honor the agreement as ratified.

Did anyone hold a gun to Trump's head? So why did he sign it ?

What am I missing here Osky?

You seem to be a pretty smart guy but you really are totally missing the point here.

Just consider how the shoe would fit on the other foot.

Just try and be fair.
It's just the way the US does business since Trump took over. Virtually the same as dealing with China. It's time to find new countries with a higher moral compass for Canada to deal with.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:19 AM

I agree with Ezm's first post. That fancy felt pen signature of Trumps is "Not worth the paper it is written on " He has changed the trade deal on Aluminum,steel and lumber half a dozen times. A NAFTA deal with him is worthless to Canada or Mexico.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Never has the US been so divisive.
never? Who says it’s “so divisive”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
It's time to find new countries with a higher moral compass for Canada to deal with.

Is there one country that exists like that?
Would it not help if individuals within this country interacted with those in their life with a higher moral compass? Might be a good starting point.

I’m becoming less convinced democracy or freedom even exists. And that was before 2020.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:45 AM

The latest polls suggest Trump is a dead man walking.

Why would Trudeau waste his time showing up for a Trump photo op in a leaderless, covid infested country.

He is much smarter than that.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
The latest polls suggest Trump is a dead man walking.

Why would Trudeau waste his time showing up for a Trump photo op in a leaderless, covid infested country.

He is much smarter than that.
Is that like all the polls that said he wasn't going to even come close the last time. Also, in what universe is it possible to call Trudeau smart?

I do not disagree with many of the posts about Trump being completely unreliable for other countries to trust. That said, his job is to do what is best for his country, if that involves screwing us over, and everyone else too, that is what he is going to do. We could use a leader with a whole bunch more backbone and a Canada centric focus. The idiot globalists we have in power now are running the country into the ground, all in the interest of looking good on the world stage.

I am not a Trump fan but you cannot argue with the results he has got. He has tried to drain the festering swamp that is Washington and has suffered endless grief because of it. He has reduced the U.S. presence in many war zones, left some completely, and not got into any new ones, even with Covid, the economy is in far better shape than when he took over. Employment was at all time highs and wages were increasing for the every day Joe. He swept away a ton of regulation that was choking U.S. industry, only to line the pockets of special interest groups. He has managed to at least make a dent in illegal immigration, despite all the hooting and hollering. All in, he has done a remarkable amount of work in 3 years, despite HUGE push back from the self interest Left wingers.

Last edited by Dean2; 07-09-2020 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean2 View Post
is that like all the polls that said he wasn't going to even come close the last time. Also, in what universe is it possible to call trudeau smart?

I do not disagree with many of the posts about trump being completely unreliable for other countries to trust. That said, his job is to do what is best for his country, if that involves screwing us over, and everyone else too, that is what he is going to do. We could use a leader with a whole bunch more backbone and a canada centric focus. The idiot globalists we have ion power now are running the country into the ground, all in the interest of looking good on the world stage.

I am not a trump fan but you cannot argue with the results he has got. He has tried to drain the festering swamp that is washington and has suffered endless grief because of it. He has reduced the u.s. Presence in many war zones, left some completely, and not got into any new ones, even with covid, the economy is in far better shape than when he took over. Employment was at all time highs and wages were increasing for the every day joe. He swept away a ton of regulation that was choking u.s. Industry, only to line the pockets of special interest groups. He has managed to at least make a dent in illegal immigration, despite all the hooting and hollering. All in, he has done a remarkable amount of work in 3 years, despite huge push back from the self interest left wingers.
100%

https://youtu.be/VL0InbqbQwc

-Billy Molls

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 07-09-2020 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
It's just the way the US does business since Trump took over. Virtually the same as dealing with China. It's time to find new countries with a higher moral compass for Canada to deal with.
Because Canada currently has a high moral compass?
Old 07-09-2020, 09:12 AM

Dean, that’s spot on
Old 07-09-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Because Canada currently has a high moral compass?
Of course, SNC has been showing the world what Canada’s morals are all about.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:46 AM

Justin Trudeau is an idiot. The IQ rating designated as an idiot is a score of between 0-25. He definitely falls into the idiot category.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Is that like all the polls that said he wasn't going to even come close the last time. Also, in what universe is it possible to call Trudeau smart?

I do not disagree with many of the posts about Trump being completely unreliable for other countries to trust. That said, his job is to do what is best for his country, if that involves screwing us over, and everyone else too, that is what he is going to do. We could use a leader with a whole bunch more backbone and a Canada centric focus. The idiot globalists we have in power now are running the country into the ground, all in the interest of looking good on the world stage.

I am not a Trump fan but you cannot argue with the results he has got. He has tried to drain the festering swamp that is Washington and has suffered endless grief because of it. He has reduced the U.S. presence in many war zones, left some completely, and not got into any new ones, even with Covid, the economy is in far better shape than when he took over. Employment was at all time highs and wages were increasing for the every day Joe. He swept away a ton of regulation that was choking U.S. industry, only to line the pockets of special interest groups. He has managed to at least make a dent in illegal immigration, despite all the hooting and hollering. All in, he has done a remarkable amount of work in 3 years, despite HUGE push back from the self interest Left wingers.
Spot on Dean.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:21 AM

I remember when Freeland was negotiating the new agreement. She said it must be a win win win or Canada would not sign it. The snot dragging microphone snorting queen would not release any details when questioned as she said that would not be in good faith. When the details were released the opposition parties all stated that there were clauses included concerning tariffs on aluminum and steel as well as supply management issues that left Canada vulnerable. A win for Canada should have been to at the very least come out of the negotiations with some gains or at least maintain the status quo. Just proves that the USA negotiating team were on the ball and Canada was not well represented.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athabasca1 View Post
I remember when Freeland was negotiating the new agreement. She said it must be a win win win or Canada would not sign it. The snot dragging microphone snorting queen would not release any details when questioned as she said that would not be in good faith. When the details were released the opposition parties all stated that there were clauses included concerning tariffs on aluminum and steel as well as supply management issues that left Canada vulnerable. A win for Canada should have been to at the very least come out of the negotiations with some gains or at least maintain the status quo. Just proves that the USA negotiating team were on the ball and Canada was not well represented.
And ...a big thing to consider is leverage. The US buys more, exports more and is the big kid at the table - harder to make a good deal when you are outgunned BUT I think, in fact, the reason Trump changed the first deal is that he got involved on few specific commodities, made certain decisions that ended up weakening the US "overall net" position and later, someone whispered in his ear and he reacted trying to cover up or go back. That's when he changed his mind the first time.

It was funny, particularly on the countervailing and exclusions - it was quite ignorant actually and he over ruled his experts, because, again, Trump is always the smartest one in the room.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
And ...a big thing to consider is leverage. The US buys more, exports more and is the big kid at the table - harder to make a good deal when you are outgunned BUT I think, in fact, the reason Trump changed the first deal is that he got involved on few specific commodities, made certain decisions that ended up weakening the US "overall net" position and later, someone whispered in his ear and he reacted trying to cover up or go back. That's when he changed his mind the first time.

It was funny, particularly on the countervailing and exclusions - it was quite ignorant actually and he over ruled his experts, because, again, Trump is always the smartest one in the room.
I should add - at least Trump cleaned up his own diaper. Something Trudeau wouldn't even know how to do.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:18 AM

Quote:
That seems to be the plan being executed north of the border.

Never has Canada been so divisive.

Now the Administration is looking for a plan to conquer and stay in power for perpetuity.

On a path toward a dictatorship. Just like the men and dictators he pals around with and admires.

We need a conservative leader who believes in the constitution and democracy.

There fixed it for you,,,YW...
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.