Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-02-2020, 09:15 AM

Default Log Road Trout

Hey everyone, I got out west for the first time this year on the weekend, On Saturday evening after working later than expected I decided to try and out duel the rainy weather and head into the back country in search of some trout.

I drove west and eventually found some clean enough water. The wet stuff caught me here and there but I managed to find enough friendly weather to make it a comfortable day of trout hunting on Sunday.

The bigger rivers were high and dirty but I found the major tributary waters to be a little high but mostly quite clear and the little tribs were basically perfect.

I fished mostly a dry dropper setup consisting of a Stimmy on top with a bead head Hare's ear nymph as the dropper while exploring the streams. I did tie on a big white streamer for a few minutes while trying to coax a big bull on a tiny stream to meet the inside of my net.

I managed to get into a few fish, some small and some of a really nice size ... It turned out to be one of those days where each fish got better and better as the day went on with the best ones coming just before you call it quits and head back home. If you keep searching eventually the beautiful fish will find you.

All in all I had a great time for my first outing of the year, I saw some gorgeous nature and some majestic landscapes, met a few wild and native trout along the way and enjoyed a little solitude.

I captured some video images of this little adventure for you to enjoy. Check it out and let me know your thoughts.
Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_1B1JEHA60
Old 07-02-2020, 03:04 PM

Cool video. Enjoy fishing those type of streams. Well done.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:27 PM

Default Log road trout

Great video, thanks for posting.