Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 AM

this guy is not a guide, guides are not poachers, from 2003-2005 he regularly violated daily bag limits of ducks and geese,
“The killing of migratory birds in excess of daily bag limits … by Foiles, (unindicted co-conspirator) T.M., and guilded hunters at the club and elsewhere was crucial to achieving these purposes,”
“Not only were guided clients able to kill more birds during their paid hunts, but the overlimits also allowed Foiles and his employees to capture more and better-quality hunting video gootage, and thus to produce and sell high-quality commercial waterfowl hunting videows, which was a very important component of Foiles’ promotional activities.”

hope he gets that felony so he can not come back to hunt in our beautiful country, i wonder how fast sponsors will drop him.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Waugh View Post
Here are a few questions that immediately come to mind:

Where these guided hunts when the infractions raised and admitted to in court took place?
Did ATH's guides report them to their supervising outfitter?

What action occurred?

In what time period did these illegal hunts occur? The ATH website appears to cite several hunts over a period of 4 years.

Are any of these illegal and clearly inhumane practices in violation of APOS's code of conduct?

When were APOS officials made aware of this gross conduct and what action was taken to stop it? Please provide itemized details.

Do ATH hunt officials routinely allow and endorse waterfowl harvest in excess of limits?

Are there proper, effective and enforceable disciplinary checks and procedures in place to quickly stop similar abuses that cause Alberta professional outfitters and their alleged self-regulating authority embarrassment and bring it into disrepute as appears to have occurred here?

I'm sure a few more will come to mind.

I assume that APOS president Gord Burton, directors Billy Franklin, Brian Kuny, Corey Jarvis, Todd Loewen, Pete McMahon, Mike Ukrainetz, Chris Downing and most of all SRD associate deputy minister Rick Blackwood (who are listed as the APOS executive) are all over this one like an auto wrecker's German shepherd. Right guys?
I agree....this is the big question that needs to be answered.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 AM

Did anyone send a comment to Alberta Trophy Hunts. It sounds like a few did to his decoy sponsor. It might not hurt if MR. Reiser heard from a few Alberta Residents of what they think of him promoting this disgrace on his website. Or perhaps Alberta Trophy Hunts encourages such hunters at their camps?
Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Just a quick heads-up to APOS honcho Gord Burton and Albertans' alleged eyes-and-ears on the secretive APOS board, SRD ADM Rick Blackwood.
Here's a sound bite of the "guiding principles" that are supposed to govern all APOS members' activities.

Guiding Principles
Members of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society of Alberta subscribe to a high standard of professional conduct and ethics. All contrary behaviour, in any fashion related directly or indirectly to the industry, can bring disrepute on individual Society members or the Society as a whole. It is the responsibility of each member to be familiar with all APOS rules that govern business practices, treatment of others and general conduct. It is also the responsibility of every member to cooperate in maintaining professionalism within the industry, including bringing attention to activity or behaviour that may be damaging to APOS. This code provides a standard of conduct for an outfitter, and gives the sportsman a clear indication of what to expect from a member outfitter.
1. A member, or anyone employed by a member, shall not breach, encourage or condone any violation of the Alberta Wildlife Act and regulations. A member shall be in a position to advise both employees and clients of their rights and responsibilities under the Act and regulations, while under his jurisdiction. A member shall make a reasonable effort to report any violation of the Alberta Wildlife Act and regulations, of which they have knowledge, to an Enforcement Officer or to Report a Poacher, at their earliest opportunity.
2. A member, or anyone employed by a member, shall not breach, encourage or condone any violation of any provincial or federal statute that is in any way related to the outfitted hunting industry.

It seems pretty clear. Now what are you going to do about it?
Over to you Gord and Rick.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Just a quick heads-up to APOS honcho Gord Burton and Albertans' alleged eyes-and-ears on the secretive APOS board, SRD ADM Rick Blackwood.
Here's a sound bite of the "guiding principles" that are supposed to govern all APOS members' activities.

Guiding Principles
Members of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society of Alberta subscribe to a high standard of professional conduct and ethics. All contrary behaviour, in any fashion related directly or indirectly to the industry, can bring disrepute on individual Society members or the Society as a whole. It is the responsibility of each member to be familiar with all APOS rules that govern business practices, treatment of others and general conduct. It is also the responsibility of every member to cooperate in maintaining professionalism within the industry, including bringing attention to activity or behaviour that may be damaging to APOS. This code provides a standard of conduct for an outfitter, and gives the sportsman a clear indication of what to expect from a member outfitter.
1. A member, or anyone employed by a member, shall not breach, encourage or condone any violation of the Alberta Wildlife Act and regulations. A member shall be in a position to advise both employees and clients of their rights and responsibilities under the Act and regulations, while under his jurisdiction. A member shall make a reasonable effort to report any violation of the Alberta Wildlife Act and regulations, of which they have knowledge, to an Enforcement Officer or to Report a Poacher, at their earliest opportunity.
2. A member, or anyone employed by a member, shall not breach, encourage or condone any violation of any provincial or federal statute that is in any way related to the outfitted hunting industry.

It seems pretty clear. Now what are you going to do about it?
Over to you Gord and Rick.
With all due respect....

You're assuming the ATH knew what Foiles was up to......I think that question needs to be answered before you start calling for heads.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
With all due respect....

You're assuming the ATH knew what Foiles was up to......I think that question needs to be answered before you start calling for heads.
ATH might not have known at the time but i sure bet he does right now!!! Yet his web-site is still promoting Foiles???? Makes a guy think twice doesn't it???
Old 09-15-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Here are a few questions that immediately come to mind:

Where these guided hunts when the infractions raised and admitted to in court took place?

Did ATH's guides report them to their supervising outfitter?

What action occurred?

In what time period did these illegal hunts occur? The ATH website appears to cite several hunts over a period of 4 years.

Are any of these illegal and clearly inhumane practices in violation of APOS's code of conduct?

When were APOS officials made aware of this gross conduct and what action was taken to stop it? Please provide itemized details.

Do ATH hunt officials routinely allow and endorse waterfowl harvest in excess of limits?

Are there proper, effective and enforceable disciplinary checks and procedures in place to quickly stop similar abuses that cause Alberta professional outfitters and their alleged self-regulating authority embarrassment and bring it into disrepute as appears to have occurred here?

I'm sure a few more will come to mind.

I assume that APOS president Gord Burton, directors Billy Franklin, Brian Kuny, Corey Jarvis, Todd Loewen, Pete McMahon, Mike Ukrainetz, Chris Downing and most of all SRD associate deputy minister Rick Blackwood (who are listed as the APOS executive) are all over this one like an auto wrecker's German shepherd. Right guys?
I am pretty sure the outfitter knew all about this behavoir i know for a fact Stan's son Clint is hunting with Foile's in these DVD's
Old 09-15-2011, 08:25 PM

Default jeff foiles

Well met him the other day still promoting Foiles migratory Big Foot decoys his e-mail address is jefffoiles@gmail.com thought you might want to say hello.
He said it is really easy to get his product into Canada and miss the Chinese import tax I knew you all were waiting in line to order LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 PM

What a piece of *****! Sould never be allowd back in this country!!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
Well met him the other day still promoting Foiles migratory Big Foot decoys his e-mail address is jefffoiles@gmail.com thought you might want to say hello.
He said it is really easy to get his product into Canada and miss the Chinese import tax I knew you all were waiting in line to order LOL
Really??? Is that his e-mail??? He uses Gmail? Not deadmeat.com, or straitmeat.com.????
Old 09-16-2011, 08:16 AM

Default Do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
Just in case anyone wants to drop Bigfoot Decoys a little message on what they think about Jeff Foiles, here is a link to where you can send a message.
www.bigfootdecoys.com/contact
It is worth the time to let these guys know where we stand on hunters like Jeff, their sponsors, and those who support them by selling their product. Or even using his face in advertising.

I doubt you will get any response though. I haven't, yet...
Old 09-16-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
With all due respect....

Yep, I jumped the gun myself. I e-mailed ATH yesterday and told them how dissapointed I was that they would associate themselves with that arrogant POS. Not one to be a internet tuff guy I left my full contact information in my e-mail.

Too my suprise Stan called me today to explain what really went on. I now believe that ATH is a victim in all this. He tells me that due to illness in the family he has not thought about the website and removing Foiles picture from it.

I commend Stan for taking the time and calling me personally.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honker1 View Post
He is thumbing his nose at the situation, his new call for this year is called the "Crime Scene" he has been picked up by Bigfoot Decoy's full sponsership and has a weekly TV show in the US on waterfowling! Foiles is a very arrogant man and untill we all band together and boycott any and all product's he is endorsing including his own then maybe he will learn that "crime" doesn't pay!!!
So we have one "outdoor celebrity" who flaunts the law on both sides of the border, and another who writes a column with negative comments about "black guns". Who got the bigger industry and outdoor community backlash and shunning?

Sorta shows where the real concern and power lies....
Old 09-16-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin07 View Post
Yep, I jumped the gun myself. I e-mailed ATH yesterday and told them how dissapointed I was that they would associate themselves with that arrogant POS. Not one to be a internet tuff guy I left my full contact information in my e-mail.

Too my suprise Stan called me today to explain what really went on. I now believe that ATH is a victim in all this. He tells me that due to illness in the family he has not thought about the website and removing Foiles picture from it.

I commend Stan for taking the time and calling me personally.
It wasnt my place to say anything.

Stan is well known in the Alberta outfitting industry as being a standup guy. Im glad you had a chance to talk to him.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:06 PM

Disgraceful I would throw him in jail with Micheal Vik and anyone else who abuses animals. Or throw him in the ring with Tyson for a few hours then make him talk to the camera by movin his lips.
What a Dirt Bag
Old 09-16-2011, 02:28 PM

Like Marling07 I would urge Neil Waugh to phone or email ATH and get the story first hand.......seems like a common sense thing to do........even a journalist for the sun should be able to agree with that.

lol.

JK
Old 09-16-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Like Marling07 I would urge Neil Waugh to phone or email ATH and get the story first hand.......seems like a common sense thing to do........even a journalist for the sun should be able to agree with that.

lol.

JK
It's not my responsibility to get Stan's or anyone else's side of the story. That's APOS job and legal responsibility. (Although you're free to do it since you appear to have the inside track.)
APOS is not just a bunch of good old boys promoting Alberta moose and goose hunts.
It's a Delegated Administrative Authority of the Alberta government and taxpayer.
As such it has legal and legislated responsibilities to stay in compliance with.
Or be placed under administration.
Here's the SRD summary of what their powers and responsibilities are:

"APOS also provides a variety of programs and initiatives that promote the development of independent outfitting and guiding services, which includes a commitment towards maintaining industry standards and ethics.

APOS administrates the regulation and delivery of non-resident, big-game hunting in Alberta and is responsible for:

Issuing outfitter-guide permits and guide designations
Managing and administering allocations
Selling non-resident hunting licences
Setting bonds to protect client deposits
Ensuring acceptable levels of service are provided to clients"

The key one in this case is "a commitment to maintaining industry standards and ethics."
That's what the APOS code of conduct is all about.
Here we have a situation where a member outfitter appears to have been associated over a long period of time with a flagrant violator of provincial and federal game laws for profit in a high profile court case that has serious international negative implications for Albertans.
Surly this warrants a thorough, transparent investigation and hearing by APOS legendary disciplinary board. (There is one isn't there?)
Better still since this secretive organization is apparently being supervised by a top SRD bureaucrat maybe it's time to review his homework by another agency without any turf to protect.
A thorough, transparent and efficient audit by the Alberta Auditor General's department is certainly one way to clear the air and determine if APOS' procedures and reporting practices are in compliance with provincial regulation.
Such an audit might want to include:

1/ A thorough examination of past disciplinary action and outcomes.
2/Transparency of the disciplinary process including public disclosure and compliance under FOIP.
3/Examination of all revenue collected by APOS on the government and taxpayer's behalf, it's disposition and outcomes.
3/Methods and procedures in place at APOS that tracks members' compliance with the code of conduct.
4/Spot audits of APOS members in the field by SRD enforcement staff to determine if they are in compliance with provincial and federal wildlife laws.
5/ A value-for-money report and a conflict-of-interest model to determine if APOS can operate effectively as both a delegated government regulatory agency and an industry political action and lobbying group.
6/ Whether APOS is properly and legally fulfilling all the duties and responsibilities transferred to it by the Alberta legislature and if corrective measures - up to and including administration - are required to bring it into line with its undertakings under Alberta law.

That seems to me to be a far better way to go. But if you want to tell us Stan's side, hey, fill your boots.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:48 PM

This is a couple years ago, but I remember one time when I was spotting geese on my Grandpas quarters of land (directly across the road from my folks home quarter) when a “outfitter” and Jeff pulled up beside me. I rolled down the window and they asked me what I was doing. I told them that I was just watching these geese as I was planning on shooting them in a couple days. They told me don’t even bother wasting your time because they were going to shoot them tomorrow. I asked them who they got permission from, and Stan told me “the landowner.” I didn’t really say much.
We chit chatted for a minute when they told me “you should get moving along”. I then told them again I was going to stay there and put these geese to bed when they got snotty with me and told me that they had permission and to leave. That’s when I told them that the land was ours. At this point they were getting extremely rude with me. Let’s just say everyone got a little vocal. Right from the get go they were very arrogant.
They ended up taking off and spraying my truck with gravel. That was my first and lasting impression of Jeff Foiles. One I will never forget.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 09-16-2011, 03:54 PM

i dont have a dog in this fight.....if ATH knowingly turned a blind eye to the Foiles crew's less than ethical practices I agree that they should face some serious consequences.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:06 PM

I don't have a dog in it either but when Foiles first come on the scene i followed him and bought his call's and put a decal on my trailer, then about 2005 he really started to change in his video's and in person, now i can't stand the man and i wish i could shove every one of his call's that i own right up well you know where!!! Now i just make it my business to let everyone i know about what a douche this guy really is, i also let the product manufactuer's that support him know how i feel, by the way he will be in the Bigfoot booth this weekend in Omaha Nebraska at Cabela's so you guy's shopping Cabela's Edmonton should let the GM there know how you feel about him and the Bigfoot Decoy's they have on the floor for sale!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
The key one in this case is "a commitment to maintaining industry standards and ethics."
That's what the APOS code of conduct is all about.
How can APOS who has convicted poachers, and convicted criminals as members, hope to convince anyone that they follow a code of conduct?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:16 PM

Anyone that abuses wildlife doesnt know whats coming for them, mother nature usually comes back and gives to you ten times worst.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:43 PM

I don't know how many of you folks have facebook accounts, but here is a link to Jeff Foiles site. Interesting read. Seems to have a number of avid followers, some of who claim him as an "idol" who has made many "advances in waterfowling."

I beg to differ.........

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...2016580&v=wall
Old 09-18-2011, 09:27 AM

What a thug.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:47 PM

bigtineadventures.com/

Came across this website the other day. Was this not the same one who was charged with poaching on numerous occasions. I guess it doesn't matter if your a tourist or a resident hunter they all get away with it.
Just would like know how someone who is convicted of wildlife offences can then turn around and profit off it.
Its kind of like a bank robber convicted of robbing a bank only to get a slap on the wrists then becomes the bank manager.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:26 PM

The "torture" doesn;t really bother me in and of itself. Ducks get hurt worse in the wild.

Its the disrespectful attitude carried and promoted by the guy that needs to be publicly decried with fines and bans. The max should be carried out especially since it was publically broadcast.

the same thing went for the idiots from Ontario who put a video on Youtube a few years ago of them shooting ducks in a Saskatchewan Pond with a rifle in July.

In this case, I really don;t care about the ducks......it's the distastfulness of the behavior that the law is intended to dissuade.

Those guys got huge fines. I was actually surprised.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Banned

Tatoo a wild rose on one cheek of his bum, and a message saying "I hate xxxx a certain group of people, on the other cheek, and send him to the Fort Sask. bighouse for a few months
Old 09-29-2011, 01:08 PM

Default Foiles sentenced in the US

Here is an update that was posted on Chad Love’s Blog last week.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...ife-violations

Celebrity Hunter Jeff Foiles Sentenced to 13 Months for Wildlife Violations
The weight of the law has finally fallen on "Fallin' Skies" duck hunting "celebrity" Jeff Foiles, who was sentenced this week to 13 months in prison for multiple wildlife violations. From this story in the (Springfield, IL) State-Journal Register:
“Fallin’ Skies” video star Jeffrey Foiles was sentenced Wednesday to serve 13 months in prison after his guilty plea was accepted in U.S. District Court — and after a lecture from another hunter, U.S. Magistrate Judge Byron Cudmore. Foiles, 54, a professional waterfowl hunter and call maker from Pleasant Hill, originally faced a 23-count federal indictment for violating federal wildlife laws.
Foiles in June agreed to plead guilty to two misdemeanor charges and serve a prison sentence for unlawful sale of wildlife and unlawful taking of migratory game birds. Foiles still faces sentencing Oct. 19 in Edmonton, Canada, for other wildlife violations , including charges of animal cruelty for not immediately killing wounded ducks and geese. He is to begin serving his U.S. sentence on Nov. 21. Foiles declined to make a statement in court Wednesday, saying he did not want to be criticized further.

In addition to jail time, he will serve a year of supervised release, pay $100,000 in fines and give up his hunting and guiding privileges for two years following his release from jail. As part of the agreement, Foiles also agreed to make public service announcements admitting wrongdoing and encouraging others to observe wildlife laws. “I’m a hunter, too, Mr. Foiles,” Cudmore said during sentencing. “Hunting is a privilege, not a right, and you have violated that privilege to a great degree.”

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 10-19-2011, 10:54 AM

Default Convicted!

An American celebrity hunter has been fined $14,500 for causing unnecessary pain and suffering to a duck.

Jeff Foiles of Pleasant Hill, Ill., has also been banned from hunting in Canada for three years.

Mr. Foiles was not in the Edmonton court where a judge sentenced him under the Migratory Birds Act and the Criminal Code.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2206474/
Old 10-19-2011, 12:38 PM

Default Wow.............................

This ***hole deserves alot more!!

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/10/1...-wounded-birds