Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-14-2011, 08:01 PM

Just in case anyone wants to drop Bigfoot Decoys a little message on what they think about Jeff Foiles, here is a link to where you can send a message.
www.bigfootdecoys.com/contact

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 09-14-2011, 08:11 PM

He did hunt out of a outfitter's camp "Alberta Trophy Hunt's" this is where he filmed Falling Skies 1 through 4 and if read his charges right it is implying that he recieved money's for guiding while in Alberta with no work visa at the time.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Gone Hunting

already sent...but thanks for the heads up.....
Old 09-14-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
Just in case anyone wants to drop Bigfoot Decoys a little message on what they think about Jeff Foiles, here is a link to where you can send a message.
HAHAHA Thank's Rocky for the link if you go there go to the store and look at the shirt's that's the man himself Jeff Foiles modeling the t-shirt's LOL
Old 09-14-2011, 08:27 PM
sheephunter

That's got to be a manufacturer's worst nightmare. Remember when Johnson Outboards sunk all the money into Ben Johnson? I'm sure it takes some time for companies to react and for their lawyers to read all the contracts but I can't see any of them sticking with him.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
That's got to be a manufacturer's worst nightmare. Remember when Johnson Outboards sunk all the money into Ben Johnson? I'm sure it takes some time for companies to react and for their lawyers to read all the contracts but I can't see any of them sticking with him.
That's the problem i am having with Bigfoot, when he was charged he was a pro-staffer for Final Approach Decoy's and Realtree they dropped him like a hot potatoe, Bigfoot sponsered him after the charges??? Why???
Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 PM

Here's a copy of the E-Mail I just sent to them. I'm not really expecting a response but at least they have my view on it and HIM!!...ThankX Rocky for the link!!

I CAN'T believe you folks are using a POACHER to endorse your products!!...UNFREAKINBELIEVEABLE!!! I can guarantee you that as a waterfowl hunter, myself and allll my friends and whom ever I get the chance to talk to WILL NOT BE USING your products EVER AGAIN. How can you affiliate yourself and your products with a KNOWN POACHER ??...Charged in court in TWO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES !!!
I'm STILL shakin my head in disgust !!!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:01 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honker1 View Post
That's the problem i am having with Bigfoot, when he was charged he was a pro-staffer for Final Approach Decoy's and Realtree they dropped him like a hot potatoe, Bigfoot sponsered him after the charges??? Why???
Oh, never knew that. Be interesting to hear their explanation.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:01 PM

Here is what ive heard about the situation....

the outfitter in question gave foiles his walking papers long before the investigation came to a helm. Apparently he was to much of an arrogant dick head to deal with anymore. Its my understanding that he ran his own show out of the outfitters lodge in exchange for a plug on his videos. I dont believe there was a formal outfitter/client relationship.

I dont own any of the guy's videos, he always came off as pompous ***** to me.......nor do i blow his POS calls.

Ive heard the duck commander series of videos has some pretty brutal footage in them too.....ive never seen those backwoods redneck's videos either. Nor will i buy federal ammunition who sponsor them...blackcloud included.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 PM

This guy is fairly disgusting as is the punishment. I just went to Alberta Trophy Hunts website and when you click on there waterfowl hunting link, first pic and write up are about how great there bird hunts are, " just ask Jeff Foiles". Hope they are on the boycott list as well.

PS. Just saw Drakes post above, i wonder if that's the case why they wouldn't pull his picture down, and if they know he is such a azz hat, why would they want the plug on his videos. Just sayin.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 PM

so let me get this straight... he is an *******, he makes all hunters look like rabid animal torturing *****s and he gets 14,000 in fines and a 3 year license suspension? are f-ing kidding me? what a joke. he makes probably over 100k a year. whats 14k fine gonna do? What a disgrace in both accounts. the courts are just perpetuating this. how about a million dollar fine and 5 years in jail the max. none of this slap on the wraist crap. How about if I shove my boot up his anus just to see if he can make quacking noises. Im disturbed and disgusted. thats sickening.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 PM

A quote from Alberta Trophy Hunts website........

Wingshooting at Alberta Trophy Hunts is as good as it gets. Ask Jeff Foiles. For the past four seasons Jeff has filmed his "Fallen Skies" series with us. The "Follow the Flight" television series by Final Approach has filmed several shows here also.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecourtwolverine View Post
A quote from Alberta Trophy Hunts website........

Wingshooting at Alberta Trophy Hunts is as good as it gets. Ask Jeff Foiles. For the past four seasons Jeff has filmed his "Fallen Skies" series with us. The "Follow the Flight" television series by Final Approach has filmed several shows here also.
Yep, that's The one. Doesn't make sense for them to want that on there site still, unless that's the clientele they cater to.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 PM

I doubt he will get the max penalty in Canada, our judicial system is full of to many bleeding hearts. I would be very surprised if he did.

I can only count on the Canadian hunters have a long memory
Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontario gunner View Post
I believe his charges in the USA were felonies. If thats the case, he wont be ever allowed into Canada again after his court proceedings are over. And thats just FINE with me!

What he actually plead too were misdemeanors, which likely won't affect his ability to come to Canada

Quote:
Foiles, 54, of Pleasant Hill, Ill., pleaded guilty to an information charging him with one misdemeanor count of unlawful sale of wildlife in violation of the Lacey Act, as well as one misdemeanor count of unlawfully taking migratory game birds in violation of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. At the same time, the company that operates Foiles’ hunting club, the Fallin’ Skies Strait Meat Duck Club LLC, located in Pike County, Ill., pleaded guilty to an information charging it with one felony count of unlawful sale of wildlife in violation of the Lacey Act and one felony count of making false writings in a matter within the jurisdiction of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Old 09-14-2011, 10:00 PM

*******!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:21 PM

Default Foiles

I wonder what would happen if one us Canadians were to have that down in the USA. I'm sure we'd be punished to the fullest.He should not be allowed to hunt ever again in Canada or the US.

A 3yr ban and a small fine to boot!

I hope the judge nails him hard.

Pin
Old 09-14-2011, 10:21 PM

Ii sent a very plain speaking letter on about how much we all like Jeff Foiles up here!
Cat
Old 09-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you, message sent.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:29 AM

If there was an open season for ****heads, Jeff Foiles would make the book for sure.

Hard to think how you could do a better job of turning the non-hunting public against us.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:35 AM

I sent them a message as well! Hopefully they send out a message stating they no longer have any ties to that ass clown!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
They should make it that he can never hunt in Canada.
and keep him here behind prison walls for as long as they can then let him go do time in the USA and double the fine that he got in the USA
Old 09-15-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Glad to see that nobody is stading up for this guy. I wish they would use him as an example.

Anyone know if he is still being sponsored by Bigfoot Decoys? Maybe they need to know what the consumer thinks about their man.
Not my cup of tea either, but these charges go to the issue of how you can treat your birds, after you shoot them, something significant to all bird hunters. I've been there. You've just shot and crippled a bird. What is an acceptable way of dispatching it and could you be charged if someone sees you wringing it's neck. ?

grizz
Old 09-15-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Not my cup of tea either, but these charges go to the issue of how you can treat your birds, after you shoot them, something significant to all bird hunters. I've been there. You've just shot and crippled a bird. What is an acceptable way of dispatching it and could you be charged if someone sees you wringing it's neck. ?

grizz
Most guy's that bird hunt have had to wring a neck or to and to me it's an acceptable pratice to do so. But i am not a public figure in the public eye making DVD's to sell and make my living doing so, i also don't pick up a crippled bird and call him "Mr Honker" or hold it up and show it my shotgun or tap it on the beak and ask the bird "Is this how you want to die" I think it's these pratice's that has Foile's in trouble not the wringing of a neck! The only sweet part about it is he filmed himself doing it and f---ed himself that makes me grin a bit, and i only hope that while he is serving his time in a US prison his cell mate take's a liking to him and Jeff wakes up every night with "Mr Honker" poking him in the back LMAO that would be sweet!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:39 AM

Very sad... this man is a poacher, not a hunter, and I agree should never hunt again... anywhere!!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjjj View Post
I would not call him a hunter at all... I would call him a killer.
Excellent way to describe the guy.

At least the US gave him a sentence with some meat to it. If the sentencing in Canada isn't over with,I hope that public outcry might get him a few weeks or months in jail. This is a "for Profit" crime at the Federal level afterall.

This guy should never be allowed to hunt or have pets of any kind. He would probably put a goldfish in hot water just to watch it suffer.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 AM

This from the Alberta Trophy Hunts website:

It looks like APOS and its mysterious and secretive disciplinary committee has some 'splainin' to do.

The guy listed on the APOS site as Alberta Trophy Hunts' stud duck is Stanley F. Reiser out of Westerose.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Waugh View Post
This from the Alberta Trophy Hunts website:

It looks like APOS and its mysterious and secretive disciplinary committee has some 'splainin' to do.

The guy listed on the APOS site as Alberta Trophy Hunts' stud duck is Stanley F. Reiser out of Westerose.
What kind of explaining?........
Old 09-15-2011, 10:11 AM

disgusting... $100,000 fine would be great...but in Alberta $14500...how stupid is that...

U.S. hunter runs afowl of law
By Tony Blais ,Edmonton Sun
First posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 01:23 PM MDT | Updated: Thursday, September 15, 2011 08:28 AM MDT

American hunter Jeff Foiles leaves the court house in Edmonton on Wednesday, September 14, 2011. Foiles pleaded guilty to eight charges, including causing unnecessary pain and suffering to a bird. CODIE MCLACHLAN/EDMONTON SUN

Change text size for the storyPrint this story Report an error
A U.S. fowl hunter who sells videos of his outdoor adventures admitted in an Edmonton court Wednesday that he had hunted illegally and caused birds pain and suffering.

The unlawful hunting activities of Jeffery Burdett Foiles – captured on video while in Alberta and Saskatchewan – included him calling the wounded birds by names and hamming it up on camera by talking to them, quacking, hitting and slapping them and wrenching their necks.

“The duck would have been experiencing distress and pain,” said prosecutor Michelle Ferguson, referring to one incident where Foiles “wrenches” a duck’s neck so the bird is looking at him and says “Look at me when I’m talking to you” while wagging the neck back and forth.

Ferguson also cited another incident where Foiles bangs the beak of a duck with a live shotgun shell, roughly manipulates the duck’s head and then places his fingers over the nostrils of the duck and holds its beak closed.

He then asks the duck: “Is this how you want to die?”

As well, the 54-year-old Illinois man, who markets his videos under the name “Fallin’ Skies,” illegally hunted waterfowl from a powerboat and repeatedly exceeded his maximum daily bag limit and those of his fellow hunters.

Foiles pleaded guilty in provincial court to several charges under the Migratory Birds Convention Act and two criminal charges of causing cruelty to animals.

A joint sentencing proposal for a $14,500 fine was put before the court, however the matter was adjourned to next week so the judge could review the legal material.

Foiles has also agreed to be slapped with a three-year hunting ban in Canada.

Ferguson told court the aggravating factors in the case included Foiles being a visitor to Canada, making the videos for profit, purposefully shooting over his limit and his attitude and lack of concern towards the wounded ducks.

“His actions promoted the needless suffering of those animals,” said Ferguson.

Defence lawyer Steve Fix told court Foiles was a divorced father of four adult children and said he was not in a position to dispute the charges because they are dated and the hunter does not recall all of the events.

“He regrets this matter from the outset and simply wants to move on,” said Fix.

Foiles declined an opportunity to address the court extended by the judge, saying: “No ma’am.”

According to agreed facts, the majority of the hunts in Alberta and Saskatchewan were in 2007 and included expeditions to Edmonton, Bentley and Pigeon Lake.

During the hunts, Foiles would address the birds by names, including “Mr. Honker” and “Mrs. Mallard,” and he would not immediately dispatch wounded fowl.

He also once held a wounded Canada Goose – brought to him by his dog 24 minutes after he shot it – up for the camera and rubbed its head against his own cheek before eventually breaking its neck.

In another videotaped incident, a laughing Foiles “plays” to the camera while wacking a crippled duck on its beak with his duck call. He also manipulates the body and wings of the wounded bird and then shows it his shotgun and explains that the Benelli was the cause of his demise.

Court also heard Foiles tried to get his cameraman to shoot fowl despite him not having a permit and chuckled on camera while joking about exceeding the bag limits.

In June, Foiles pleaded guilty in the U.S. to violating federal wildlife laws and is slated to be sentenced on Sept. 21 to 13 months in jail and a $100,000 fine.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/09/14...-fowl-with-law
Old 09-15-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
What kind of explaining?........
Here are a few questions that immediately come to mind:

Where these guided hunts when the infractions raised and admitted to in court took place?

Did ATH's guides report them to their supervising outfitter?

What action occurred?

In what time period did these illegal hunts occur? The ATH website appears to cite several hunts over a period of 4 years.

Are any of these illegal and clearly inhumane practices in violation of APOS's code of conduct?

When were APOS officials made aware of this gross conduct and what action was taken to stop it? Please provide itemized details.

Do ATH hunt officials routinely allow and endorse waterfowl harvest in excess of limits?

Are there proper, effective and enforceable disciplinary checks and procedures in place to quickly stop similar abuses that cause Alberta professional outfitters and their alleged self-regulating authority embarrassment and bring it into disrepute as appears to have occurred here?

I'm sure a few more will come to mind.

I assume that APOS president Gord Burton, directors Billy Franklin, Brian Kuny, Corey Jarvis, Todd Loewen, Pete McMahon, Mike Ukrainetz, Chris Downing and most of all SRD associate deputy minister Rick Blackwood (who are listed as the APOS executive) are all over this one like an auto wrecker's German shepherd. Right guys?