Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
I don’t blame the judges I blame the Feds.

You have a “right” to protest. Very clearly when you look
around, your right to protest includes the right to break the law. Not agreeing, just saying. Will the groups who blocked the railways get 50 hours community service?

We need federal laws defining the right to protest that state you cannot break the law in doing so or exactly what you can and cannot do. We need well defined laws around this, before one of these groups take small fines to the Supreme Court and create precedent.

Too many innocents are getting stuck in the middle today.
I wonder if they would get off so lucky if they did a B&E into government offices with protest signs? Courthouses? Plenty to protest about both of those....
Old 07-07-2020, 06:58 PM

One of the few times I have not read all the posts. So this may have already been brought up.

But didnt they change/create new laws because of this issue? Not before.

New laws would not apply to them yet and that would be the reason the easy sentencing.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
I don’t blame the judges I blame the Feds.

You have a “right” to protest. Very clearly when you look
around, your right to protest includes the right to break the law. Not agreeing, just saying. Will the groups who blocked the railways get 50 hours community service?

We need federal laws defining the right to protest that state you cannot break the law in doing so or exactly what you can and cannot do. We need well defined laws around this, before one of these groups take small fines to the Supreme Court and create precedent.

Too many innocents are getting stuck in the middle today.
So if you came home from work someday and these clowns had broken into your house and we’re protesting the colour of your grass you’d be ok with that?

These clowns broken into law abiding citizens barns and disrupted the entire operation and only get 50 hours community work. What lesson do you think was learned here? I don’t care what they’re protesting just don’t do it on private property and don’t upset people who don’t give a dam about what it is they’re protesting. Don’t upset law abiding peoples business or interfere with the business.

Our laws are defined well enough penalties are set. Judges need to set examples and send messages to those who think tresspassing and causing others grief is acceptable in society.

BW
Old 07-07-2020, 08:50 PM

Show me where I said I’d be ok with that.