Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-21-2021, 03:32 PM

Arctic Muck Boots.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:28 PM

1000 gram irish setter elk trackers. Fantastic boot.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koschenk View Post
1000 gram irish setter elk trackers. Fantastic boot.
I am a little bit late to the party on this thread but i have these boots also and i don't think my computer has enough battery left to type how much i love these boots and how warm they are. They are one of the only boots that I have owned that are crazy warm and also equally comfy to walk in.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom4 View Post
I am a little bit late to the party on this thread but i have these boots also and i don't think my computer has enough battery left to type how much i love these boots and how warm they are. They are one of the only boots that I have owned that are crazy warm and also equally comfy to walk in.
Yeah I said in my previous post mine were Elk Hunters but they are actually called Elk Trackers, very comfortable for sure!
Cat
Old 01-22-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom4 View Post
Also another thing that I should add to the first post is that I am also really impressed with the wear of them. After putting them through a fair bit of abuse you just need to condition them with their special conditioner and they come back looking like new again.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:18 AM

I bought likely 10 years ago at BPS a pair of 1600gram thensolate Irish Setters. Warmest boots I've worn. One pair of socks and keep the mink oil to the leather. Great thick sole with good traction and sturdy ankle support. Walked a lot of miles and hunted in -27. Other parts of me froze, and the toes were cold, but not uncomfortable. I'd recommend for what it's worth.

Michael.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:38 AM

I love my Elk Trackers as well, although I only have them in 600G.

I only get cold in them if I'm doing long sits (my extremities do get cold very fast, though). For hiking/still hunting they are absolutely the best boots I have ever owned.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:22 PM

After reading all of this it has come to my attention that there are lots of us with these Irish Setter boots....

For all of this support they should be offering us an AO discount by now for all of this advertising.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:53 PM

I have Irish Setter 1000g boots too but they have "Red Wing Shoes" on the tongue above "Irish Setter"

I'm wondering if these are the same or different from the Irish Setter boots everybody else is mentioning!?

While I like those boots for hunting if I were just going out hiking for hiking's sake I'd wear my Canadian Armed Forces winter survival boots. I find nothing else compares. They're light, flexible comfy and the double white felt liners keep your feet nice and warm.......even if you get them wet (btdt).

I used to wear them hunting all the time until my wife bought me the Irish Setter boots.

I started buying these at the surplus store back in the 70's. I loved them for playing shinny on the rink. They had way better traction than any other boot on ice and again, light and warm!
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***
Old 01-22-2021, 05:17 PM

Same as every other day... Dunlops