Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 08-27-2020, 08:51 AM

Default SuperMagnum Stinger Kill Spring #33

Has anyone tried these springs on their snares & if so how did you like them . Of course use of a quality lock is important etc. Always looking to maintain the most humane system for snaring.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:09 AM
AO Sponsor

I haven’t tried the super magnum spring. I use our Lights Out Snaring signature series spring and trigger combo it’s around the 75lbs mark and we went with longer spring arms so when it is fully opened it has as 4” spread between arms. I also have been playing around with camlocks the trouble is with ANY camlock “new”or old is the problem with keeping hair out of the teeth this causes us a lot of problems with camlock slippage. Testing camlocks on summer coyotes isn’t going to show you all the bad stuff. I played around a lot last year with all kinds of locks and came to find the best lock hands down for coyotes was the kieper 1/16 lock on a 5/64 cable it’s a slide lock. I know it goes against the grade of what we are all using but if it works why not use it the price is right. Along with a Sullivan’s 280lbs breakaway turned from a s hook to a j hook. I found that other breakaways on the market have tool marks on them from the manufacturing process and makes them very unreliable. If it puts a sour taste in your mouth once or twice I end up not going back. For wolves I will be sticking with my special hand filled 3/32 camlocks on a 3/32 1x19 cable and our A1 spring and trigger combo.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:48 AM
AO Sponsor

Cory, do you not understand that it is incredibly unprofessional for you to post on threads about my products? I wouldnt post on your threads or threads about your products unless engaged or asked for comment, and even then i would tread carefully. I wasnt even going to post on this thread, and im not going to comment on how much I like the #33 SuperMagnum and why, ideally it is for the customers/users.

On hair plugging topic, few complain. In close to 20,000 coyotes harvested I’ve never had much of a problem with it, very occasional. The simple solution for those who desire to is to run “hair blocker” in front of the lock. The late Ted Ganske liked to use a small washer in front of his camlock and had all ATA store canine snares made that way one year i would personally try a short chunk of polyvinyl tubing or a bead. Never done it tho.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:38 PM
AO Sponsor

Hey Marty

I didn’t know this was your thread I simply replied to a question that was asked. I wasn’t referring to your product or problems. I would tread a little lighter yourself on here. I pay to advertise too. Now stop taking over other people’s threads to bs us about your stuff 😉
Old 08-28-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
Cory, do you not understand that it is incredibly unprofessional for you to post on threads about my products? I wouldnt post on your threads or threads about your products unless engaged or asked for comment, and even then i would tread carefully. I wasnt even going to post on this thread, and im not going to comment on how much I like the #33 SuperMagnum and why, ideally it is for the customers/users.

On hair plugging topic, few complain. In close to 20,000 coyotes harvested I’ve never had much of a problem with it, very occasional. The simple solution for those who desire to is to run “hair blocker” in front of the lock. The late Ted Ganske liked to use a small washer in front of his camlock and had all ATA store canine snares made that way one year i would personally try a short chunk of polyvinyl tubing or a bead. Never done it tho.

I'm never shocked at your arrogance.. I used to be, but not anymore.

ANYONE is free to post, answer questions and give advice....
Old 08-28-2020, 09:58 PM
AO Sponsor

There, there boys...

Just let it all out...

Just let the pretty girl be your guide

Old 08-28-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
There, there boys...

Just let it all out...

Just let the pretty girl be your guide

Coming from the guy whose trying to tell others when and how to be professional lol..
Old 08-28-2020, 11:38 PM
AO Sponsor

Ya, that went out the window! Lets just have fun instead