Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2024, 08:26 PM

Default Criminals Ram Police Cruiser, Pull Firearms on Police

So the Coutts 4 were held in captivity without trial for two years, yet one of these menaces to society, that pulled a gun on the police, and rammed a police cruiser was released? That makes no sense at all.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...s-two-arrested

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-06-2024 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-06-2024, 08:48 PM

society is in a mess
Old 02-06-2024, 08:52 PM

Probably had a rough childhood. He will get parole and 40 hours community service.
Old 02-06-2024, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Probably had a rough childhood. He will get parole and 40 hours community service.
Regardless, these two pulled a firearm on police, and rammed their vehicle, they actually used a weapon against police, and yet one is allowed to go free, until his trial.
Old 02-06-2024, 09:04 PM

Olds apparently had 4 cruisers rammed in a week .

Isaiah 5:8
Old 02-06-2024, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So the Coutts 4 were held in captivity without trial for two years, yet one of these menaces to society, that pulled a gun on the police, and rammed a police cruiser was released? That makes no sense at all.

As of today, two of the Coutts guys plead guilty to lesser charges and were sentenced to time served. You want to get out of here or rot ? Better take this deal. We're screwed.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 02-06-2024, 09:25 PM

Exactly, they are taking the better part of dirty deal.
Old 02-06-2024, 11:36 PM

They are not really concerned about the Coutts guys.
BUT……they are sending a message to the rest of us…. “Don’t you dare question the government!! “
Old 02-07-2024, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
BUT……they are sending a message to the rest of us…. “Don’t you dare question the government!! “
Exactly
Old 02-07-2024, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Exactly my point, the Coutts arrests were not about law and order, they were a threat to Canadians, to show us what would happen to anyone that dared to oppose Trudeau and his liberals.
Old 02-07-2024, 07:32 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Annnnd we are off!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-07-2024, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Agreed!

BW
Old 02-07-2024, 08:38 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
I think it is quite possible they held them as long as possible hoping to get them to plead down as they did because now there is zero chance of them turning around and suing the government over the entire thing. If so, it worked.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 02-07-2024, 08:52 AM

Quote:
That.

And I, including many others have said before, the Judicial System is broken.
Old 02-07-2024, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I think it is quite possible they held them as long as possible hoping to get them to plead down as they did because now there is zero chance of them turning around and suing the government over the entire thing. If so, it worked.
Or they will testify against the others...
Old 02-07-2024, 09:28 AM

Quote:
The suing part becomes more relevant now that a judge has ruled that there was no legal justification for invoking the Emergency Act. That may explain the timing of the deal.
Old 02-07-2024, 09:30 AM

Quote:
https://www.nationalobserver.com/202...room%20Tuesday.

Some of the facts of this incident...
Old 02-07-2024, 10:45 AM

As far as the losers ramming the police cruiser and pulling a gun its too bad the officer was not presented a better shot or was a better shot. Get rid of that human garbage. This Officer could have lost his life in a heartbeat and they give the POS bail........??
Old 02-07-2024, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
As far as the losers ramming the police cruiser and pulling a gun its too bad the officer was not presented a better shot or was a better shot. Get rid of that human garbage. This Officer could have lost his life in a heartbeat and they give the POS bail........??
Only one got bail from the article but yeah, ridiculous.

The "Worse" of the two offenders was remanded.
He also already had a firearms prohibition.... how'd he get the gun????
Old 02-07-2024, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post

Way I read article the one was held and and other released. I'm guessing one was a passenger?
I agree justice system ,RCMP, etc. Broken and I no longer trust or believe them.
It used to be a saying years ago if you can't trust the police who can you trust and honestly I think we are there. I still say elected local law enforcement is best solution
Old 02-07-2024, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
That would have been the best for society, the one scumbag already has a substantial criminal record, and he is likely to reoffend.
Old 02-07-2024, 12:54 PM

We're all thinking it, so I'll say it; perfect candidates for the Gladue ruling!
Old 02-07-2024, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
We're all thinking it, so I'll say it; perfect candidates for the Gladue ruling!
Searching the one scumbags name, and seeing his record proves it, he should have been in prison for previous convictions, and this should never have happened.
Old 02-07-2024, 04:18 PM

Chavez Yellowbird, 20, of Wetaskiwin, is charged with assaulting a peace officer with a weapon, and flight from police. He was taken before a justice of the peace and released from custody with his next court date set for Feb. 15 at the Alberta court of justice in Leduc.

How do you get charged with assaulting a peace officer with a weapon and released from custody?!? Oh well, I'm sure he'll show up on the 15th for his next court date...
Old 02-07-2024, 04:39 PM

Default "Where is Coutts?"

This is a question heard around Ottawa. How much time do you think the dreaded Fed Libs spend thinking about what goes on out here?

"Don't impute planning where incompetence will predict the phenomena equally well" father

This province will have no effect on the next federal election, so who cares?

This should be a new post perhaps but here goes, Mods if you want you can delete it.

I haven't heard from anyone that we are running out of space in our jails/prisons. If we are out of space in our hospitals, schools rental housing, it stands to reason that the jails are full too. How would a civil servant solve that problem? How many politicians would recommend spending lots of tax dollars to build all these facilities?

I think I can see what is goig on.
Old 02-07-2024, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
This is a question heard around Ottawa. How much time do you think the dreaded Fed Libs spend thinking about what goes on out here?

"Don't impute planning where incompetence will predict the phenomena equally well" father

This province will have no effect on the next federal election, so who cares?

This should be a new post perhaps but here goes, Mods if you want you can delete it.

I haven't heard from anyone that we are running out of space in our jails/prisons. If we are out of space in our hospitals, schools rental housing, it stands to reason that the jails are full too. How would a civil servant solve that problem? How many politicians would recommend spending lots of tax dollars to build all these facilities?

I think I can see what is goig on.
Jails aren’t full until beds are receiving 3 separate eight hour shifts in them.
Old 02-07-2024, 04:55 PM

Smile Is "hot bunking" true?

Is this true? where do the prisoners go when they aren't sleeping? Wouldn't take 3 full time shifts of guards?

I'd like to know if this works, it may solve our problems in other facilities.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
Chavez Yellowbird, 20, of Wetaskiwin, is charged with assaulting a peace officer with a weapon, and flight from police. He was taken before a justice of the peace and released from custody with his next court date set for Feb. 15 at the Alberta court of justice in Leduc.

How do you get charged with assaulting a peace officer with a weapon and released from custody?!? Oh well, I'm sure he'll show up on the 15th for his next court date...
Was he driving or just in the car?

I get your point how unfair it is the way some are treated by the courts and I'm not arguing with you I'm just not sure if anyone good guys anymore? Why where they pulled over why did they run?
Old 02-07-2024, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
https://www.nationalobserver.com/202...room%20Tuesday.

Some of the facts of this incident...
That is laughable, forgot his illegally stored and loaded handgun was in his bag.
I cannot believe people stand behind him, saying he is not guilty and railroaded.
Just own it buddy!
WDF
Old 02-07-2024, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
That is laughable, forgot his illegally stored and loaded handgun was in his bag.
I cannot believe people stand behind him, saying he is not guilty and railroaded.
Just own it buddy!
WDF
People forget handguns, it happens.

https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news...-ferry-1029605