Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-17-2009, 02:42 PM

Smile Attention Women Hunters!!

I know this site is called the "outdoorsMENforum" but I wanted to start a thread for the women hunters out there to share tips and hunting pictures.

My first question is if any of you have any tips on where you get your hunting clothes and accessories?

I have recently discovered that buying kids L, XL and 2XL is a great deal!

Looking forward to hearing from you ladies!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:50 PM

Default Welcome

Hey Hunter Girl,

Welcome to the board and you should have no problem finding answers to your questions.

Enjoy.

Morb
Old 09-17-2009, 02:58 PM

I hope I can post in this thread desite being a fella. I just recieved the newest Cabelas Canada flyer in my mail yesterday and I noticed in their clothing section they had what seems to me a new brand of hunting clothes called "SHE Outdoor Apparel". They only had 2 items listed; an insulated jacket and insulated pants; but I suspect like anything, there will be more in the store than the flyer contains. Not real cheap though, $250 and $199. Nice to see someone making gear for the girls.

For ladies shooting stuff, look up packing in pink . com
Old 09-17-2009, 02:59 PM

Default remington

we managed to pick up a remington camo fleece at the 2nd hand for 3 bucks. it's worth a hundred! I have found all mine at the lesser known second hand stores
Old 09-17-2009, 03:21 PM

Post Hunting Stories

Do any of you ladies have any cool hunting stories and pictures to share? I will post my first deer hunting experience soon.

I started hunting because of my boyfriend, as I am sure a lot of you ladies have, and I have gained a new found love of the outdoors and that time together as a couple in the field!

I just hope that one year I can take a bigger animal than him!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01471 (Small).JPG (50.2 KB, 923 views)
Old 09-17-2009, 04:37 PM

Default See ya later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Girl View Post
Do any of you ladies have any cool hunting stories and pictures to share? I will post my first deer hunting experience soon.

I started hunting because of my boyfriend, as I am sure a lot of you ladies have, and I have gained a new found love of the outdoors and that time together as a couple in the field!

I just hope that one year I can take a bigger animal than him!
You must have one great boyfriend,because most of us who hunt,go hunting to get away from the old lady!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
You must have one great boyfriend, because most of us who hunt, go hunting to get away from the old lady!!!
He is a good boyfriend...and I only go with him on a few hunts a year...he definetely still gets his time away from his "old lady"!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:18 PM

I've been hunting for 29 years and have only seen a female hunter twice out in the bush.both times they were in full camo.
I have often wondered why???
It is by no means a guy sport??
Kudos too all you females that pick up a bow or a rifle and get out there.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:32 PM

Women hunters don't seem the least bit unusual to me, but that likely because we have one in my group that introduced me to hunting. I go with a buddy thats my dads age, and we hunt with his son and daughter-in-law, as well as the grandkids and occasionally my brother or other friends. The ranch we hunt is managed by a woman, and my friends (the couple) both help out with the horses & cattle there.

Nice pic Hunter Girl, that landscape looks to have a surprise over every little hill. I hope to get my Mrs out with us some day, we'll need Grandma or somebody to look after the wee one if its this season, he'll need a few years yet till he can join me &/or us. Mrs Caber said she'd come along, but might not want to do any hunting personally. Baby steps I guess.

I think the woman in our group mentioned she buys the kids camo as well, as she's only about 5'4-ish.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:41 PM

Although my husband has been a deer hunter most of his life, this year will be my first year out hunting - doing the hunting course and PAL soon! and researching shotguns so I can get out for some birds later this season! (whether or not I will actually manage to hit any remains to be seen LOL) At this point it is waterfowl and upland birds I am going for - I breed retrievers and already have been training them for hunting so this is just a natural progression. As time goes by my hubby may succeed in getting out with him for deer too...and I got my husband into bird hunting last year (I told we had to cuz we have the dogs for it)

I am lucky in that I don't have a hard time finding clothes to fit - I just buy mens. A Medium in clothes usually, and even in footwear a mens 8 fits me pretty good. Although sometimes my problem is finding the smaller mens sizes in stock anywhere. I went to buy an upland vest today, all I could find were XXL & XXXL I did find waders to fit me though today!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:43 PM

I know there is a line of women's hunting clothes. SHE Safari is what comes to mind. So far I've just been wearing mens, except for the boots which I got at Wholesale Sports in Edmonton. Dudley's in Drayton Valley is suppose to be getting a bunch of women's camo in soon. I's just ask where your bf gets his stuff if they are getting in any women's camo. Enough interest and they probably will.

Here's my first whitetail and muley. I don't get out quite nearly as often as my husband, so it ****es him off a little when I shoot something bigger than him. Although he did get a bigger whitetail last year, but he has yet to shoot a muley

whitetail2007.jpg

muley2008.jpg
Old 09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
You must have one great boyfriend,because most of us who hunt,go hunting to get away from the old lady!!!
one more "brilliant" post...in a long line of them....sigh!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I know this site is called the "outdoorsMENforum" but I wanted to start a thread for the women hunters out there to share tips and hunting pictures.

My first question is if any of you have any tips on where you get your hunting clothes and accessories?
Welcome to the AO forum. Raven Wear makes a line of clothing for women. They make some of the warmest clothing out there. They are based right here in Alberta at Caroline. They have some very innovative designs for women. It is custom sized to each individual. Not cheap but is very high quality gear. Just search Raven Wear on the web.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:17 PM

Well, I've been hunting for 4 yrs now and go hooked by the dawg. I was handling her while the guys hunted waterfowl and then finally decided to join the party and it has been a ride ever since.

My problem has been that I can't find any damn good hunting clothes and resorted to kids stuff. BUT I found out that even if the kids stuff has the same name as the adult/mens it does not compare at all in quality for the most part.

So last yr I went on a mission to find some new gear, bc my duck hunting stuff was damn loud for big game hunting. Found wicked waders in Cabella's and everything else that I have purchased now is from proishunting.com. Wicked wicked clothing and excellent customer service and all up to par with the mens clothing!!

Danni
Old 09-17-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:

Welcome to AO Hunter Girl

Since this thread will attract lots of great woman like yourself i just want to put this out there...I am single,extremely handsome and Very Rich.

In the words of Ron Burgundy.."I don't know how to put this but I am kind of a big deal,people know me " .

Ok now that I got that out of the way....

Cabelas will have everything you need...

Or this...

http://www.shesafari.com/

IMO the more woman and children in the outdoors the better....

Great Pics Slepage

Last edited by BrownBear416; 09-17-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I spell like TreeGuy smells....Not Great :)
Old 09-17-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post

Since this thread will attract lots of great woman like yourself i just want to put this out there...I am single,extremely handsome and Very Rich.

He also needs thicker prescription lenses than 'Bubbles' from the Trailer Park Boys; as he can see neither the 'mirror' nor his bank statements, at least accurately. What he thinks is his mirror, is in actuality an old playbill for a Liberace concert.

Though he is single.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post

In the words of Ron Burgundy.."I don't know how to put this but I am kind of a big deal,people know me " .

Ok now that I got that out of the way....

Cabelas will have everything you need...

Or this...

http://www.shesafari.com/

IMO the more woman and children in the outdoors the better....

Great Pics Slepage
Funny Little BOY
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 PM

^^^^

Fantastic thread and welcome to the AO board and it's goofy cast of characters! Here's the link to the site that Danni mentioned.....

http://www.proishunting.com/

'The 416 Kid' is harmless. His only issue is that the size of his bank account is inversely proportional to his boot size.........thus the releationship status.

Good luck and happy hunting ladies.

Tree
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:

Welcome hunter girl to the forum, I have been hunting for 20-25 years. What I love most is the look on the gentelmens faces when they find me in the woods in full camo and packing my 7mm-08. Its really halarious. Would post pics but cant figure out how to make my pics smaller. The programs I have wont let me. I could load them to photo bucket just need to take the time. To busy fishing or hunting. Happy hunting to all you ladies out there.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:06 AM

What? You don't sew your own?

Old 09-18-2009, 01:21 AM

Great to see you Ladys hunting! I guided a few gals and they were all top notch hunters. And when one shot a bigger sheep than hubby it made my day (days....hubby was kind of a jerk and I rubbed the salt in when ever I could )!
Here is a link to a couple of young gals that love to hunt.
http://www.girlshunt2.ca
I know there is a lady in the states that has a web site for woman hunting clothes.....just got to find it then I can post it.

ps Nice deer slepage!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:48 AM

Thumbs up Ladies hunting cloths

Googgle the site Prois Womans hunting apparel
Old 09-18-2009, 08:13 AM

Default My wifes Trophy's

Here are a couple of pics of some deer my wife shot over the years

This was here first Mule Deer

This is her biggest W/T to date shot last year
It is so good to share a passion of mine with the one you love
Old 09-18-2009, 09:38 AM

I think women will see nothing but good things to come that appeal to them in the hunting world. A buddy just told me not too long ago that female huting is rapidly increasing and everybody in the industry is taking note of this. More and more are making products and i think this is just the beginning of what is yet to come. Definetly good to see.

To all that posted pic's...very impressive animals, i am jealous.lol

To all good luck this season!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 11:28 AM

Thank you all for posting on my thread! I really appreciate it! Great to see the pictures of women hunters

This is a shot of my first deer that I took last year...not a giant but I will never forget it. Shot it with my .243 from about 80 yards. Didn't go 20 yards and he did a flip into the bush.

While I was waiting for my boyfriend to come with the truck another small buck came within 20 feet of me stomping and grunting. He obviously smelt my dead deer. I was standing there waiving my hands in the air trying to scare him away when I realized that he probably thought I was the deer as my hands in the air look like a rack! Hahaha! I was quite scared to say the least...I was just glad that he wasn't bigger than the deer I shot!

Old 09-18-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slepage View Post
I know there is a line of women's hunting clothes. SHE Safari is what comes to mind. So far I've just been wearing mens, except for the boots which I got at Wholesale Sports in Edmonton. Dudley's in Drayton Valley is suppose to be getting a bunch of women's camo in soon. I's just ask where your bf gets his stuff if they are getting in any women's camo. Enough interest and they probably will.

Here's my first whitetail and muley. I don't get out quite nearly as often as my husband, so it ****es him off a little when I shoot something bigger than him. Although he did get a bigger whitetail last year, but he has yet to shoot a muley

Attachment 14920

Attachment 14922

Nice rack (no pun intended). It's nice to see ladies getting involved in the sport. Wish my wife was more interested but she also enjoys the break when I'm gone
Old 09-18-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Thank you all for posting on my thread! I really appreciate it! Great to see the pictures of women hunters

This is a shot of my first deer that I took last year...not a giant but I will never forget it. Shot it with my .243 from about 80 yards. Didn't go 20 yards and he did a flip into the bush.

While I was waiting for my boyfriend to come with the truck another small buck came within 20 feet of me stomping and grunting. He obviously smelt my dead deer. I was standing there waiving my hands in the air trying to scare him away when I realized that he probably thought I was the deer as my hands in the air look like a rack! Hahaha! I was quite scared to say the least...I was just glad that he wasn't bigger than the deer I shot!

Congrats on your deer! Nice to see more woman out hunting and enjoying the outdoors!
Old 09-18-2009, 04:45 PM

http://www.packinginpink.com

Packing in Pink doesn't carry hunting gear, but they do sell some shooting accessories for women.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:01 PM

" Attention Women Hunters!! "

Im a woman hunter-still looking for the right one!

by the way its all about the catching. lol and wink wink
Old 09-19-2009, 12:36 AM

This outfit has camo for women. http://www.sportchief.com And it's also Canadian!